Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food "Healthy" stores where you go shopping.

Dashy 4 Ever

My parents will drag me to every healthy store in town like Trader Joes, Harris Teeter, Earth Fare, etc.

The food there is great and everything, but at some point, staying there for hours tends to drive a person insane at a point.:lostit:

Stores are inherently not healthy. Why should we have to "pay" for necessities like food?

2 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I like Wegman's. Technically not a "healthy Foods" store, but they have a good selection of healthy stuff!

WEGMAN'S!!!!!!!!  The only thing I miss about living in the states is going to Wegman's!  They have such a great selection there, I really miss them.

I don't think my town has any "healthy" food stores???  Unless you count Sobey's?  They're more of a fancier grocery store around here so I don't know if that counts or not.

I like Trader Joe’s. I never really think of it as a health food store. I just like it because it has so many yummy gourmet foods that I can’t get anywhere else. I just like going in there to browse sometimes and get ideas of nifty new things to try. Their foods are really tasty!

Sprout. But man don't work there, as much they all what they stand for they don't treat their workers well, ethic wise.

• 1 month later...

I sometimes go to Fresh Thyme Farmer’s Market in Joliet, IL. It is a store that mainly sells organic foods/products. It is an expensive place to shop but they have some good stuff there. They have an awesome white blueberry tea.

• Brohoof 1

California has plenty of "organic" and "natural" supermarkets like Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes, and in the northern half of California in particular (Redding to Monterey), there is Safeway, which is Albertson's attempt at delving into the "organic" food market. 

Though I would point out that organic and natural food labels are rather loose in definition and does not always equate to healthier food or smaller environmental footprints (generally requiring far more land than conventional farms and using natural herbicides and pesticides that are just as hazardous). Additionally, food companies have scammed people by mislabeling themselves as organic of natural while changing little to none of the agricultural process, so you may just be paying a lot more to line a company's pockets. 

I used to go to Earth Fare quite a bit as well as a locally-owned health food store. Now that I live in a more expensive area, I just go to the regular grocery store (Giant) but I still stop in Whole Foods from time to time for their unique fruit or hot/cold food bars; I like the pasta salads :nom: 

I applied at Trader Joe's a couple of times. They didn't take me, but I was impressed because they sent me the notification through the mail. Very old fashioned.

I've also applied at the local Giant Eagle store (which goes under the Market District brand here). It's in the way of a more traditional grocery store, but aims at the "foodie" types that go out of their way to look for out of the ordinary ingredients that you wouldn't see a Walmart-type store sell. Didn't get a job there either.

Looking at Whole Foods, but I'm waiting to see where going on disability for bipolar would take me. I have a hard enough time with authority, and if my doctor goes through with the bipolar disorder diagnosis explored in 2016, it'd be better for me in the long run. Since disability welfare in the US limits how much you can earn from a job, I might not be able to even do Whole Foods.

• 1 month later...