Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What "theme song" do you believe best suits the characters from MLP, and why?

imawesome

Something I've seen circulating around the Internet is the idea of character theme songs, the concept of what song defines a character. I'd like to try this with MLP, and I invite you to do the same. 

Choose whatever characters you'd like and explain if you'd like to. 

Mine are:

Twilight Sparkle- Fight Song by Rachel Platten. (Twilight's determination and strong will fit perfectly with this song.)

Fluttershy- Roar by Katy Perry. (Fluttershy's character development matches that of these lyrics.)

Applejack- Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex. (Okay, this one's sort of a joke.)

Rainbow Dash- Hero by Skillet. (Rainbow Dash repersents the hero this person needs in this song. Plus, the tone fits with Rainbow's persona.)

Rarity- Fashion by Lady Gaga. (Sorry! This one's kind of a joke, too.)

Pinkie Pie- Pity Party by Melanie Martinez. (This son captures Pinkie's insecurities. And this song is basically the events of "Party of One".)

Apple Bloom- When Will My Life Begin? by Mandy Moore. (This sing was basically the Crusaders phase until 

Spoiler

they earned their marks. I believe AB wanted her mark the most, so I think this sing fits her best. 

Sweetie Belle- Perfect by P!nk. (This is Rarity's message to Sweetie, especially in the later seasons. I'm pretty sure this is how Rarity felt after the events of "Sisterhooves Social".) 

Scootalo- Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. (I don't know really. This song just reminds me of her.)

Princess Celestia- Age of Aquarius by The 5th Dimension. (Hear the lyrics. That' all I have to say.)

Princess Luna- Whispers in the Dark by Skillet. (Pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain it if asked.)

Princess Cadance- Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. (Couldn't find any really good ones for her, this'll do, I guess.)

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2018-12-31 at 4:15 PM, imawesome said:

Something I've seen circulating around the Internet is the idea of character theme songs, the concept of what song defines a character. I'd like to try this with MLP, and I invite you to do the same. 

Choose whatever characters you'd like and explain if you'd like to. 

Mine are:

Twilight Sparkle- Fight Song by Rachel Platten. (Twilight's determination and strong will fit perfectly with this song.)

Fluttershy- Roar by Katy Perry. (Fluttershy's character development matches that of these lyrics.)

Applejack- Cotton Eyed Joe by Rednex. (Okay, this one's sort of a joke.)

Rainbow Dash- Hero by Skillet. (Rainbow Dash repersents the hero this person needs in this song. Plus, the tone fits with Rainbow's persona.)

Rarity- Fashion by Lady Gaga. (Sorry! This one's kind of a joke, too.)

Pinkie Pie- Pity Party by Melanie Martinez. (This son captures Pinkie's insecurities. And this song is basically the events of "Party of One".)

Apple Bloom- When Will My Life Begin? by Mandy Moore. (This sing was basically the Crusaders phase until 

Reveal hidden contents

they earned their marks. I believe AB wanted her mark the most, so I think this sing fits her best. 

Sweetie Belle- Perfect by P!nk. (This is Rarity's message to Sweetie, especially in the later seasons. I'm pretty sure this is how Rarity felt after the events of "Sisterhooves Social".) 

Scootalo- Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. (I don't know really. This song just reminds me of her.)

Princess Celestia- Age of Aquarius by The 5th Dimension. (Hear the lyrics. That' all I have to say.)

Princess Luna- Whispers in the Dark by Skillet. (Pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain it if asked.)

Princess Cadance- Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. (Couldn't find any really good ones for her, this'll do, I guess.)

What these song for the character theme song?

On 2018-12-31 at 5:42 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

If you haven't herd of it, you might be interested in finding out the long gone MLP fan game named "Fighting is Magic" and listening to their themes. It's quite well made.

Interesting

On 2019-01-02 at 7:37 AM, heavens-champion said:

"Stand My Ground" by Within Temptation suits Twilight if you ask me. I heard it in a video once (the video's gone, though).

I agree with you it does suit Twilight.

On 2020-08-02 at 8:59 PM, EpicEnergy said:

I think "We Will Rock You" best suits Rainbow Dash.

Twilight sparkle -  Alesso (We could be) - Heroes

Twilight from season 4

Rainbow Dash -  Skillet- Hero 

Rainbow Dash thinking about something

AppleJack - Janji - Heroes Tonight 

Vector: Applejack 160

Fluttershy - Evanescence-Bring Me To Life 

Fluttershy...

Rarity - Beautiful christina aguilera

Awkward Rarity

Pinkie pie - Smile

Pinkie Pie is Confused