Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you be single forever or do you think there is somepony out there who is wating for you?

AfiqPony

I have been single since 2018 and that was and still is by choice. I don’t plan on staying single for the rest of my life, though. I will make an effort to look for someone when I feel I am ready again.

Honestly, I was REALLY sure I'd be single for the rest of my life. Dating is just not my thing since I started a business back in 2015 ;~; 
But surprises happen. So, to those of you thinking "Eh, it's not for me." If you secretly want it, watch out. It might hit you. :toldya:

• 4 weeks later...

Some honesty. I am not single. My mother is my woman in this life. She took away my chance to fight. So, she understands what that means now. It is a tacit contract she signed when she wronged me, like you do when you get married. And she knows this perfectly well. I know it sounds messed up. But this family is nothing, if not messed up. Most of it - the result of their own actions.

I am here to make sure she understands the implications of f*cking over an innocent child like that. It is like the life of a married couple for the most part. Actually, she used to make some weird advances from time to time. But I cut that crap off. Because I am not like the rest of the trash in this family. That is about it. The pain I experience because of this condition is constant, and she is there to soothe me. Like women do.

• 7 months later...

Maybe the chance would be less slim if they’d stop dropping the words “my boyfriend/fiancé/husband” casually in a conversation, or decide to fall for someone else. Then they’d have to like me too. Also slim.

I don’t know. I’m honestly not that physically attractive and then I’m relatively boring. I could not be so boring, but this life of mine being a student drags on…. And then do I want someone to like me for who I am or what I can accomplish?

If I could be happy with myself, that’d be great.

Edited by DubWolf
  • Hugs 1

I’m a hopeless romantic. I’ll never give up on love or finding a partner, past experiences be damned. The completeness you feel when you truly find someone you love and connect with can’t really be compared to anything else. I couldn’t imagine living my life knowing I’d never experience that again.

That said… I’ll happily stay single rather than date someone I don’t like or be stuck in a relationship that makes me miserable. Being single is nothing compared to the absolute hell that a shitty relationship will put you through.

• Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1

I hope I find someone but who knows with the way things are. I’d rather stay single then end up in a bad relationship. Two of my cousins are with abusive men. My best friend I met online is with a guy who treats her like garbage to the point I got a message one day that she was gonna drop everything and run away from her life. But she won’t leave him. I can tell you multiple times throughout my teenage and now young adult years I’ve received various messages from people severely depressed and potentially wanting to end their own lives over another person. Whether that be they don’t like them back or things going bad in a relationship. My grandfather treats my grandmother like shit. I already get to see the bad stuff other people deal with. 

Now to add on to that tiktok now has gave birth to this awful trend of everybody needs to get a goth/alternative gf for really awful reasons. Such as you can cheat on her and use her as a side piece. You can be as violent as you want with them because they like pain. A lot of really other bad stuff I can’t even post on here that’s been trending on tiktok for over the past year. It’s lead to a few goth YouTubers I follow to actually call this out. I have seen this make it’s way into real life. The last guy I went on a date with actually exhibited these sort of toxic behaviors. He treated me like garbage on our first date and then got upset because I refused to go on a second date with him. With women and non-binary folks it’s been different. Somehow every woman I’ve went on a date with has the personality of Regina George lol. On one side they definitely make me laugh and on the other side I got stepped on pretty badly lol. Most people express interest in me over my looks. Which immediately turns me off of them. I’m looking to find someone who actually appreciates me as a person and wants to get to know me. 

Also because this comes up a lot for people in the goth/alternative community. I’m not just looking for another goth/alternative person to date. In fact most of my dates have been with people who aren’t. If I turn you down it’s not because I only want to date other goths. There’s a reason. It’s not that.

When I sit here and reflect on all of this. Like I could even go on and on. I don’t know if I even want to find somebody at this point. I don’t want want to end up miserable and disrespected. On one hand I want to find somebody and on the other I’m heavily guarded.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

9 minutes ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

Well honestly I really think I’ll be single forever. I have to many problems.

Some days I feel like that too, but I can't afford to loose hope

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I replied here already and still sticking what I said before. It has been 5 years since, and yes sometimes I do have this feeling where I wish I have found my one and only SO. But there has been lots of factors getting in a way most of the time so I try not to think too much of it. But I know for sure I will be single for a very long time until I found “the one and only.”

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

9 minutes ago, TBD said:

I replied here already and still sticking what I said before. It has been 5 years since, and yes sometimes I do have this feeling where I wish I have found my one and only SO. But there has been lots of factors getting in a way most of the time so I try not to think too much of it. But I know for sure I will be single for a very long time until I found “the one and only.”

Basically the same as i feel

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-11-05 at 2:26 PM, Gusty The Brave said:

Some days I feel like that too, but I can't afford to loose hope

Heh, but the sooner you lose hope, the sooner you can accept c: . Also closure.. closure is great, but only if you are able to start something new and not feel like meaning in your life is now over. Hopefully few depend on another to find meaning...

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I've never had a relationship once and I admit it bothers me greatly, I feel very undesirable. I never meet any girls who share my interests and even if I did I can barely talk to them and would never be able to approach the topic of being more than friends.

• Hugs 3

I was single for about a year after breaking up with a user here on the forums (it ended pretty bad)...and then ran into my now husband. You often run into your special someone when you aren't even looking. He's helped me realize I can be loved, by someone genuine and real. We've helped one another get over traumas from our pasts especially surrounding bad relationships. I was happy single, but I became even happier now that I have someone who I truly love (and who truly loves me back)! It's amazing, and I see a family in our future. :twi:

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

For awhile, I was worried I'd always be single. I tried dating at university, but most women weren't interested or were just wanted to be friends. I still enjoyed the friendships I made though. I even did have a couple relationships while I was there  but they didn't last very long. When I graduated and came home, I wanted to take a break from dating and just live my life, but I came across someone I had met during my teen years and I couldn't help but ask her out. Now we're married. Lol I believe marriage is a good thing to strive towards, but it wasn't until I learned to ba happy single that it became a reality. :fluttershy:

• Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Partialgeek514 said:

For awhile, I was worried I'd always be single. I tried dating at university, but most women weren't interested or were just wanted to be friends. I still enjoyed the friendships I made though. I even did have a couple relationships while I was there  but they didn't last very long. When I graduated and came home, I wanted to take a break from dating and just live my life, but I came across someone I had met during my teen years and I couldn't help but ask her out. Now we're married. Lol I believe marriage is a good thing to strive towards, but it wasn't until I learned to ba happy single that it became a reality. :fluttershy:

I’m so freakin happy for you. Wow. Married already. I remember when you were just engaged!! Congratulations once again, lovely. Marriage is, indeed, a beautiful thing. :blush:

On 11/7/2023 at 3:17 AM, Winter Storm said:

I've never had a relationship once and I admit it bothers me greatly, I feel very undesirable. I never meet any girls who share my interests and even if I did I can barely talk to them and would never be able to approach the topic of being more than friends.

Goodness.. sounds like you have the same issue as me. Way too shy. Way too too shy. It costed me many many years of hiding from my crush who liked me back but I was WAY too respectful to ask me out until much later when he caught a suspicion that I did like him… 

my point is… you’d be surprised how many people actually like you but they’re respectful and shy and this is a good sign <3 

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

It's unlikely for me to seek marriage, let alone a relationship. For me to feel that way about someone it will likely require extended time to get to know that person. Years, even, to determine whether they are the right one or not. Love is something that is so specific, so deep, and so rare that it's truly a diamond. And Diamonds never break, right? My parents had it lucky and are celebrating their 30th year together, but I hear so many stories about divorces, and I think to myself - do I really want to risk that? It's not off the table, but unlikely. I want love. I desire it. But I have no idea how to go about even seeking it. I'd rather spend my 20's building up my wallet and have a solid basis for life rather than haplessly seeking love only to get burned. At least that's just my current thoughts. 

• Brohoof 2

i don't know what to respond after looking at this thread... I'm very sorry if i ask this question... i was feeling alone that time... thinking i won't get a girl that is a Pegasister (a girl that is same age as me) so yeah i ask this type of questions cause..... i keep seeing a lot of pictures of their OC in love with each other... thinking I won't get one i mean hmm it would be nice if i can draw a mare near my real life oc but... yeah not happening... is already 2023... hopefully i can find one someday.

• Hugs 2

Tbh it feels like i lose no matter what. I am not viewed as attractive or interesting by the women in my area. I have a hard time connecting with them irl and even when i do they're either taken or uninterested. Same with online. They're either taken, uninterested, hindered by timezones etc.

I'm told that i should just let it find me but i am also told thst i can't wait too long to ask either. Feels like i can't win no matter what. There's always some gatcha.

Idk guys. :/

15 hours ago, AfiqPony said:

i don't know what to respond after looking at this thread... I'm very sorry if i ask this question... i was feeling alone that time... thinking i won't get a girl that is a Pegasister (a girl that is same age as me) so yeah i ask this type of questions cause..... i keep seeing a lot of pictures of their OC in love with each other... thinking I won't get one i mean hmm it would be nice if i can draw a mare near my real life oc but... yeah not happening... is already 2023... hopefully i can find one someday.

I believe in you! I know you will find it! Just don’t close off entirely. <3 you can still be cautious. Just don’t close off to the point of no return or not seeing it when it does arrive <3

14 hours ago, RDDash said:

I feel like I am too far away from any kind of serious relationship with the girl, I won't mind friendship though :lookup:

This is healthy. I always hated it when guys got angry that I just wanted friendship. Instant read flag. When I rejected Sir many years ago.. I told him I just wanted to be friends.. instead of getting angry about some alleged “friendzone” he said he felt honored just to have me a friend. My eyes shined with stars as I had never received that kind of reaction before. Quality. <3 

57 minutes ago, BoopMan said:

Tbh it feels like i lose no matter what. I am not viewed as attractive or interesting by the women in my area. I have a hard time connecting with them irl and even when i do they're either taken or uninterested. Same with online. They're either taken, uninterested, hindered by timezones etc.

I'm told that i should just let it find me but i am also told thst i can't wait too long to ask either. Feels like i can't win no matter what. There's always some gatcha.

Idk guys. :/

Well you have an awesome voice, you are cute and you are a very good friend who is there for people who need it. I think it’s mostly to do with your shyness. And it doesn’t help that shy girls do hide. Hmm… I don’t know what to advise since you’re in an area where everyone is either taken or doing their own thing. I can only urge you to please not give up. You’re an amazing person, boops!