Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you be single forever or do you think there is somepony out there who is wating for you?

AfiqPony

13 hours ago, Afiqlanz Studios said:

So.... I have to be on age 20 if i want to be in relationship? Well... I'm am getting older anyways.... :/ and i have to stop thinking those youngsters or early guys that have relationships. 

I only said 20 because it gives you time on improving yourself, no one wants a desperate guy with a lot of baggage.  To me, with the reaction you've had with people saying you're too young is still saying that you have growing up to do.  Just because you're legal now doesn't mean you're completely an adult, you aren't even 19 yet, Nine-freaking-teen, you're still very much a child and those people you're comparing yourself to(which you shouldn't be doing) are growing differently than you.  Their experiences with life might vary greatly from yours.  Never compare yourself to others, it'll only make you bitter(which it seems to already have done).  Just because no one wants to date you right now, doesn't mean it's the end of the world for you, You're.  Only.  A.  Child, you've got a lot of growing up to do and if you actually want to be in a mature relationship, you'll give yourself the time to mature a little.  Don't be so hard on yourself, that's only 2 years down the road!  TWO(2) YEARS!!!!  Be patient. 

By what you've shown on this topic alone(at least to me anyways) you need to mature a little bit, you're too impatient.  Patience is one thing you'll really need in a healthy relationship!!  I'm giving the age limit as an option but if you want to rush into a relationship that might not work out for you in the long run, go for it.  Rush into as many relationships as you want, you're in control of your own ship and as someone who's been on the seas for a bit longer than you, I'm trying to give you advice that I would've given myself at your age.  We're only trying to help you out and all you're doing is complaining?  I know getting advice sometimes can be difficult, it can be down right infuriating at times, you might not think you even need said advice.  Again, you're the captain of your own ship, what you do with your life is up to you, we can only make recommendations to it. 

You're too young to worry about relationships, don't give into pressure from those around you.  It isn't like you're 79 years old and posting about never having a relationship, you're still a kid, don't get too frustrated with yourself.  Have patience, enjoy life a little before going into a relationship.  You're VERY young, you're not going to become old anytime soon.  Don't feel so bad over it, don't beat yourself up over it.  It isn't the end of the world nor is being in a relationship the end-all-be-all achievement for adulthood, there's so much more you could be doing with your life.  Focus on yourself, improve yourself, make good friends and who knows, things can work out in funny ways for us.  That's just life, it does it's own thing.  Look, I'm not trying to attack you or anything like that, I genuinely feel that you have room for improvement and the potential for it.  I know for a fact that you'll come out on top, just don't be so hard on yourself and stop caring so much about being in a relationship.  Why do you care so much?

I'm 29, and while I'd love to have a good relationship, I've never found anyone I think would work out. My requirements are too far out of the norm, and my priorities too different from those of most people, not to mention the fact that I don't have a whole lot to offer. I was 20 years old before I'd gotten the hang of acting like a half-decent human being, and by then I was already out of any system within which I might have randomly met a decent girl. Nowadays my job effectively prevents me from meeting women during the day, and my reclusive lifestyle prevents it during my free time - not to mention that the sort of people who hang around in bars aren't really my kind of people - so I don't foresee any romance in my near future.

But I guess there's still time. And if not, oh well, you do what you can. It always seemed to me that that head-over-heels teenage love was the best kind, anyway, and that window has long since closed. There's too much pressure on older people to be all blasé about love, I think.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that there is someone out there for everyone. However, some people do just fine in life with being single. Some people don’t want to be in a relationship for their own reasons. I have yet to find a parther that I would like to spend the rest of my life with but I am still searching! Anime characters can only offer so much company.

Things happen over time, so you eventually may find someone right for you. As for me, I doubt I'll find anyone as I have too many health issues and stick to myself a lot. But as I said, anything can happen. 

18 hours ago, Thuja said:

I only said 20 because it gives you time on improving yourself, no one wants a desperate guy with a lot of baggage.  To me, with the reaction you've had with people saying you're too young is still saying that you have growing up to do.  Just because you're legal now doesn't mean you're completely an adult, you aren't even 19 yet, Nine-freaking-teen, you're still very much a child and those people you're comparing yourself to(which you shouldn't be doing) are growing differently than you.  Their experiences with life might vary greatly from yours.  Never compare yourself to others, it'll only make you bitter(which it seems to already have done).  Just because no one wants to date you right now, doesn't mean it's the end of the world for you, You're.  Only.  A.  Child, you've got a lot of growing up to do and if you actually want to be in a mature relationship, you'll give yourself the time to mature a little.  Don't be so hard on yourself, that's only 2 years down the road!  TWO(2) YEARS!!!!  Be patient. 

By what you've shown on this topic alone(at least to me anyways) you need to mature a little bit, you're too impatient.  Patience is one thing you'll really need in a healthy relationship!!  I'm giving the age limit as an option but if you want to rush into a relationship that might not work out for you in the long run, go for it.  Rush into as many relationships as you want, you're in control of your own ship and as someone who's been on the seas for a bit longer than you, I'm trying to give you advice that I would've given myself at your age.  We're only trying to help you out and all you're doing is complaining?  I know getting advice sometimes can be difficult, it can be down right infuriating at times, you might not think you even need said advice.  Again, you're the captain of your own ship, what you do with your life is up to you, we can only make recommendations to it. 

You're too young to worry about relationships, don't give into pressure from those around you.  It isn't like you're 79 years old and posting about never having a relationship, you're still a kid, don't get too frustrated with yourself.  Have patience, enjoy life a little before going into a relationship.  You're VERY young, you're not going to become old anytime soon.  Don't feel so bad over it, don't beat yourself up over it.  It isn't the end of the world nor is being in a relationship the end-all-be-all achievement for adulthood, there's so much more you could be doing with your life.  Focus on yourself, improve yourself, make good friends and who knows, things can work out in funny ways for us.  That's just life, it does it's own thing.  Look, I'm not trying to attack you or anything like that, I genuinely feel that you have room for improvement and the potential for it.  I know for a fact that you'll come out on top, just don't be so hard on yourself and stop caring so much about being in a relationship.  Why do you care so much?

"why do you care so much?" 

Because i never had one... Or never get one... Everytime i do.. Is just messed up... *sigh* well... Guess i just follow your advice then, because is the only way that will work.... I guess 😐😶

2 years road... Just like you said, and and patience. 

Guess i watch to many couples movies i guess... Nevermind that... I just go back to my business I'm sure there is special somepony out there just have to wait for the right and the right age. 

7 hours ago, Afiqlanz Studios said:

"why do you care so much?" 

Because i never had one... Or never get one... Everytime i do.. Is just messed up... *sigh* well... Guess i just follow your advice then, because is the only way that will work.... I guess 😐😶

2 years road... Just like you said, and and patience. 

Guess i watch to many couples movies i guess... Nevermind that... I just go back to my business I'm sure there is special somepony out there just have to wait for the right and the right age. 

Look, having a relationship isn't a big deal, it isn't like you're immediately getting married, just because you never had one doesn't make it the end of the world.  Sometimes life does funny things and that's ok, we just need to have the heart and strength to power through it, consider this one of those moments.  You're still a kid and you're already bitter over this?  Doesn't that sound a little silly to you?  You're not going to wake up tomorrow as an 80 year old man.  Just keep in mind that most people do not want to be their partner's personal therapist and if you go into a relationship with desperation, you might end up with the wrong person for you.  Be patient, put yourself out there a little and let people know you're available.  Again, I'm only throwing an option out there, you don't necessarily need to follow that advice I won't be offended.  You know yourself better than I do and if you want to jump right into a relationship, go for it.  You're the captain of your ship, where it goes is up to you.

5 hours ago, ILoveRara said:

I was planning to be single forever. Things changed when a very special pony came into my life.

6da117d3440d5b0a64fa29f73a58d9e5--art.jpg

Um.... And you umm got one? Ne.... Ne.. Nevermind... I get the point *faceplam*

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I've been in a relationship for well over a year now and it's been nice. I mean, it has its ups and downs, pros and cons, but overall, has been fun. :laugh: 

• 8 months later...

Right now I have zero interest in a relationship (or in relationships in general, like shipping, the lack of relationships in MLP is a very good thing for me). I don't know, maybe a brick is going to fall on my head and change my personality, but right now, no.

I don't really see that happening anytime soon, to be honest. I'd say I'm fine with being single, as I think a lot of things are easier that way, though I do sometimes wonder how life would be if things were different...

• Brohoof 3

I am of the opinion that no, not everyone are going to find someone. No, there's not Prince Charming or Princess Smile just waiting around the corner if you continue looking. I kinda find it a little insulting to think that there is someone out there for everyone.

That said..

If you're unhappy on your own you're going to end up dependent on your SO for happiness. You will end up with an unbalanced relationship, and your SO will end up taking on carrying more baggage than what he/she should be carrying.

Work on yourself, love yourself and be happy with yourself first and foremost. Getting into a relationship out of desperation will only lead to that relationship breaking up.

If anything, find something useful and meaningful to do: Get a job, for instance. Get a good hobby. Talk with people.

Expand your social circle with various people, and who knows, you may end up with the one unexpectedly.

Between my insecurities and reclusiveness, I'll probably end up staying single for the rest of my life. If some miracle happens and somebody likes me that much for some stupid reason and doesn't mind an incompetent partner, then great. But I'm not going to go chasing after people.

If I were you, I would avoid idealizing relationships. If you jump into one just for the sake of it, you're not gonna have a fun time. When I was in high school I thought having a girlfriend would magically solve all my problems and make me happier. It didn't.

I had to end that relationship because neither of us were happy or knew what we wanted/expected from each other. Because we were too young. Just, don't place such urgency on "finding" a partner. Go about your life, talk, make friends, and odds are you'll meet someone you click with.

Nah. I’ll have more luck in finding three shiny Pokémon in a single play through than a really special woman. Even so, that’s a maybe. Committing to a relationship is the sacrifice of many liberties I should have enjoyed during my youth, and barely starting to enjoy now.