Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cute Aggression?

ManaMinori

source: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/31/679832549/when-too-cute-is-too-much-the-brain-can-get-aggressive

source: https://clarkrelationshiplab.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Psychological Science-2015-Aragón-259-73.pdf

Extremely positive experiences, and positive appraisals thereof, produce intense positive emotions that often generate
both positive expressions (e.g., smiles) and expressions normatively reserved for negative emotions (e.g., tears). We
developed a definition of these dimorphous expressions and tested the proposal that their function is to regulate
emotions. We showed that individuals who express emotions in this dimorphous manner do so as a general response
across a variety of emotionally provoking situations, which suggests that these expressions are responses to intense
positive emotion rather than unique to one particular situation. We used cute stimuli (an elicitor of positive emotion) to
demonstrate both the existence of these dimorphous expressions and to provide preliminary evidence of their function
as regulators of emotion

I have never heard of this, but it's fascinating. Apparently, too much cute intake can be harmful to us.

Has anyone ever seen signs of "cute aggression" in the FiM fandom?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I don't know about you but I do get this strange ache in the chest every time I'm around with children and interacting with them. They're so darn precious. And I'd sometime joked about kidnapping them. But nothing serious though, just as long you don't mean it then it's harmless. 

Edited by TBD

• 3 months later...

I don’t know, I mean, whenever I see something super cute, this is always my reaction: 

And then....

Not really considered aggressive I guess, but.:P

Edited by Lucky Bolt