Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Slightly Mad Studios Making a New Console

Jon the VGNerd

I sincerely doubt they can do much to outpace the existing consoles. Even if they made it more powerful it wouldn't likely be worth the price without exclusives. Consoles are already too close to being half-baked PCs and this sounds like it's pushing it further into "why not just get a PC" territory.

There's also the matter of people's existing libraries. Between Steam's massive list of basically portable digital games and trophy/achievement lists people aren't going to want to start over on a console that'll probably be irrelevant in a few years. That's not even getting into multiplayer. Even if you could say newer gamers could get this new console first they wouldn't likely be able to play with their friends who have the existing consoles.

Having a console that isn't even going to justify its price by making exclusive games isn't going to make me want to buy it. I can get those same games on a console I already own. 

This is definitely absurd. A company that had to crowdfund not one but TWO games expects us to believe they can make an entire console with THIS kind of power? I will not believe it until I see it. If they can do this on their own accord, then it will make me wonder why they had to resort to crowdfunding both Project Cars games, which by the way were both games that weren't that good to begin with. These guys don't have a track record to instill confidence in me and this almost sounds like another Steam machine situation.

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

This is definitely absurd. A company that had to crowdfund not one but TWO games expects us to believe they can make an entire console with THIS kind of power? I will not believe it until I see it. If they can do this on their own accord, then it will make me wonder why they had to resort to crowdfunding both Project Cars games, which by the way were both games that weren't that good to begin with. These guys don't have a track record to instill confidence in me and this almost sounds like another Steam machine situation.

I can also bet that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are openly laughing about this. Also, the devs' CEO, Ian Bell, has a serious ego problem into thinking he can take on the big boys. His self-entitled pride coupled with his superiority complex will be the devs' major downfall. Not to mention he's completely defensive and hostile to people regarding Project CARS because he thinks those games are the milk and honey compared to the likes of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport. It's just baffling beyond belief.

• Brohoof 1