Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the most horrid, cruel, and/or repugnant action any character has ever done in the show?

imawesome

This action doesn't nessecarily have to be done by a character you find repugnant or awful, just an action by any character which you found terrible or completely unacceptable. 

Mine would be a three way tie between 

Spoiler

when Svengallop turns Rara into Countess Coloratura and takes advantage of Pinkie Pie. 

Spoiler

when Sludge manipulates Spike into doing his bidding because he believes he's his Dad.  

and 

Spoiler

when Fluttershy basically tells Rarity and Pinkie Pie that they are worthless. 

If I HAD to rank these from worst to "best":

3.) Svengallop's action. 

2.) Fluttershy's action. 

1.) Sludge's action. 

Alternate: What was the best, most Nobel Peace prize qualifying action any character has ever done in the show? (this one might be a little harder). 

Edited by imawesome

Worst:

- Literally everything Svengallop does in "The Mane Attraction" 

- Twilight's friends walking out on her in "A Canterlot Wedding: Part 1"

Best:

- Rarity giving away her present in "The Best Gift Ever!"

- Rainbow Dash starting the "Scootaloo Fan Club" in "The Washouts". 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

True, although I thought it was worse of Celestia to do that. Her IDOL just abandons her in her moment of need. That was kind of bad. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, imawesome said:

True, although I thought it was worse of Celestia to do that. Her IDOL just abandons her in her moment of need. That was kind of bad. 

And the thing is, I GET why it happened. Twilight handled the rehearsal immaturely and hysterically. But my issue was that there was potential to build drama surrounding the fallout, that the show just didn't explore.

Not to mention, we didn't see a reconciliation. It's my only major issue with "A Canterlot Wedding".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Justin_Case001 Why is that "..."?

3 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

Not to mention, we didn't see a reconciliation. It's my only major issue with "A Canterlot Wedding".

My major issue was that the first part just built it up like a slice of life 2 parter, then did a complete 180 and crammed all the action in a 22 minute slot. 

Edited by imawesome
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, imawesome said:

My major issue was that the first part just built it up like a slice of life 2 parter, then did a complete 180 and crammed all the action in a 22 minute slot. 

See.... I think that was intentional, and I see it as a point in the episode's favor. It puts the audience in a false sense of security, and then pulls the rug out from under them.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheAnimationFana said:

See.... I think that was intentional, and I see it as a point in the episode's favor. It puts the audience in a false sense of security, and then pulls the rug out from under them.

True... and the song "This Day Aria" was just to good for me to fault it for that. 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, imawesome said:

when Sludge manipulates Spike

Yeah, that guy was a piece of crap, huh?

10 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

6 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Yeah, those scenes were rough, for sure.

But if we're talking absolute worst action ANY character has taken?  Then... shouldn't we be looking to the big baddies that actually wanted to conquer and destroy?  I think most of Tirek did was the worst.

As for the best, that's really tough.

13 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

- Rarity giving away her present in "The Best Gift Ever!"

That's a pretty good candidate right there.

Twilight's efforts to help Moondancer come to mind, as well as the CMC trying to help Diamond in Crusaders of the Lost Mark.  Even though Diamond was nothing but a b*tch to them, instead of retaliating, they said, "Seems like she could really use a friend," or something close to that.  A lot of the scenes in that episode struck me as some of the most selfless and mature writing on the show.

7 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Oh, I figured that was supposed to be the "pondering" reaction.  Like, "Hmm."  That's what it meant--it made me think.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Twilight's efforts to help Moondancer come to mind, as well as the CMC trying to help Diamond in Crusaders of the Lost Mark.  Even though Diamond was nothing but a b*tch to them, instead of retaliating, they said, "Seems like she could really use a friend," or something close to that.  A lot of the scenes in that episode struck me as some of the most selfless and mature writing on the show.

7 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Yeah, the CMCs were great in that episode. Since I believe the Mane 6 have done a lot of good together as a group, I'll just break up their best and worst actions because why not. 

Best

Twilight:

Spoiler

Forgiving Starlight in "The Cutie Re-Mark". 

Fluttershy: Trying to help Flim and Flam in "Viva Las Pegasus".

Applejack: Basically every moment she's Team Mom. 

Rainbow Dash: Taking Scootalo under her wing in "Sleepless in Ponyville". 

Rarity: Yeah, I'm sold on "Best Gift Ever!" 

Pinkie Pie: Does the Smile Song count?

Worst

Twilight: Showing obvious distaste for Starlight and Trizie's friendship in "No Second Prances". 

Fluttershy: Already mentioned above. 

Applejack: Everything she did in "Honest Apple". 

Rainbow Dash: Trying to stop winter in "Tanks for the Memories".

Rarity: Forcing her friends to make dresses for her in "Rarity Takes Manehattan". 

Pinkie Pie: Bringing Fluttershy almost to tears in "Filli Vanilli". 

27 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

Back to my point about building off the fallout. "The Crystal Empire" was a solid opener, but I think having it tie into the previous episode would have made it even stronger.

Technically, it did, since Cadance and Shining Armor appeared. I get what you're saying, but I was worried if those two would disappear forever after the finale. 

• Brohoof 4

11 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Pinkie Pie: Bringing Fluttershy almost to tears in "Filli Vanilli". 

Oh yeah, that was bad.  But to be fair, Pinkie finally redeemed herself.  It took four seasons, but she redeemed herself in The Mean 6.  That was the moment when I finally forgave Pinkie for her sh*t in Filli Vanilli.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh yeah, that was bad.  But to be fair, Pinkie finally redeemed herself.  It took four seasons, but she redeemed herself in The Mean 6.  That was the moment when I finally forgave Pinkie for her sh*t in Filli Vanilli.

True. Then again, I'm still kind of not over what Fluttershy did to Pinkie and Rarity...

1 minute ago, Sondash Studios said:

Anytime Pinkie Pie when she acts like she's high on something.:blink:

Yakity Sax being the latest example. 

• Brohoof 2

@imawesome Tie in, as in, have there still be lingering bitterness between the group where a fight breaks in in part 1, and they all come together in part 2.

OR,

Have Twilight and Cadence suffering from PTSD. With Twilight doubting herself after her recklessness nearly doomed the wedding, and having her fear of disappointing Celestia tie in.

Maybe Spike fears that after he deserted Twilight, she doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

Just now, A.V. said:

Everything those background-Ponies did (especially to Rarity) in Fame And Misfortune. :angry::glimmer:

Agreed, that would probably be one of the worst. 

But Sludge... *shudders* 

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of Fluttershy, "A Health of Information" might be her best outing in recent memory. She felt so responsible for Zecora's condition, she went out of her way to lose sleep, get dirty, get stung repeatedly by bees, and get infected herself just to find a cure. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm still having trouble getting over what both Garble and Sludge did to poor Spike. You have Garble threatening physical violence (Shadow Play) and Sludge manipulating a child to his own advantage. Shit like that can have effect on kids.

Forget the Mane 6 & Starlight; I can imagine Ember & Smolder not being too kind on those actions, even if dragon culture is vastly different from pony-kind.

• Brohoof 3