Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Love: Wonderbolts Academy. Pinkie's a wee bit too obsessive in this. 

Hate: Princess Spike. The episode might have turned arguably worse if Twilight was awake during this. 

5 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

Love: Every Little Thing She Does

Why do you love this episode?

Edited by imawesome
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, imawesome said:

Love: Wonderbolts Academy. Pinkie's a wee bit too obsessive in this. 

Hate: Princess Spike. The episode might have turned arguably worse if twilight was awake during this. 

Why do you love this episode?

For many lf the same reasons I love "Lesson Zero". It's hilarious to watch Starlight's antics and see how a bad situation grows worse.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Love: The Cutie Re-Mark. The ending is textbook definition of tonal whiplash considering how bleak and serious the rest of the episode was.

Hate: Owl's Well That Ends Well. The ending is heartfelt and *almost* makes up for the rest of the episode.

Edited by TheAnimationFana

Love: (Crusaders of the Lost Mark) Spoiled Rich being the main cause was a complete cop-out and would have improved Diamond Tiara's redemption through some real self reflection of her action, and "Pony I Want to Be" doesn't count.

Dislike: (Twilight's Kingdom) Both Twilight and Discord's internal struggles felt real and improved each character immensely more than any "big action scene" could.

I love Canterlot Wedding, but the defeat of the villain felt too much like a Deus Ex Machina.

I dislike Non-Compete Clause, but I liked how the Student Six solves the problem in the climax scene.

• Brohoof 2

55 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Why do you hate "The Cutie Re Mark"? I found it quite fun and enjoyable. 

While I enjoyed the alternate timelines that were visited, I find Starlight’s redemption and backstory poorly done and incredibly contrived. Twilight is suddenly unable to overpower Starlight despite casually stonewalling her in the premiere, all to force an embarrassing redemption.

Starlight’s sudden turn relies on the audience feeling sorry for her but I don’t. She could’ve easily kept in contact with Sunburst but she didn’t bother. And the cherry on an already ruined cake was her village forgiving her automatically after one apology.

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 3

Love (Lesson Zero): The very ending feels like filler. Everyone already told the lesson to Princess Celestia. They didn't have to write a letter saying the exact same things.

Hate (Amending Fences): The final shot of Moondancer going out to play is perfect. It probably would've made me emotional in a better episode.

Edited by bigbertha

15 hours ago, imawesome said:

Love: The Return of Harmony. Celestia was worthless in this. 

Hate: The Mysterious Mare Do Well. Seeing the Mane 6 all use their special abilities to save the day was pretty cool. 

But Celestia sent back the Friendship letters Twilight wrote back to her, which snapped her out of her "Discorded" state. That's not being worthless. If Celestia hadn't done that, Discord would have had permanent victory.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, ChB said:

I love Canterlot Wedding, but the defeat of the villain felt too much like a Deus Ex Machina.

I dislike Non-Compete Clause, but I liked how the Student Six solves the problem in the climax scene.

I wouldn't call the Changeling defeat an Deus Ex Machina, since I thought the intention was showing rather than telling that True Love between Shining Armor and the Real Cadance was more powerful than the false love between Fake Cadance and Brainwashed Shining. The two brides even sang their contrasting opinion about the groom foreshadowing this. And to me, a true Deus Ex Machina comes out of nowhere with no foreshadowing 

• Brohoof 3

Hard to Say Anything (Hate for unintentionally creating a "Fairy Tales are stupid and those who follow them are stupid" kind of moral): At least Feather Bangs was in the end a better version of Gaston by moving on to other Mares after his Sugar Belle chose Big Mac rather than seek revenge.

Flutter Brutter(Love for a surprisingly relatable character in Zephyr Breeze): Please Cut out the scene where he thoughtlessly destroys his parent's collection trying to use the backroom. This is the only time I hate him! Every other scene he's funny or relatable.

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I wouldn't call the Changeling defeat an Deus Ex Machina, since I thought the intention was showing rather than telling that True Love between Shining Armor and the Real Cadance was more powerful than the false love between Fake Cadance and Brainwashed Shining. The two brides even sang their contrasting opinion about the groom foreshadowing this. And to me, a true Deus Ex Machina comes out of nowhere with no foreshadowing 

You have a point. Shining Armor was using magic to stop the Changelings earlier in the episode, so it made sense for him and Cadance to try it again, only with true love instead of false love.

I have no complaints about Canterlot Wedding, now.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

You have a point. Shining Armor was using magic to stop the Changelings earlier in the episode, so it made sense for him and Cadance to try it again, only with true love instead of false love.

I have no complaints about Canterlot Wedding, now.

Not even the infamous rehearsal scene?

• Brohoof 2

Like: "Lesson Zero" but I *really* don't like the scene with Twilight Sparkle & the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Hate: "Baby Cakes": I like that "pig song" Pinkie Pie sings for some reason. 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, TheAnimationFana said:

Not even the infamous rehearsal scene?

If you mean the part where Twilight confronts the false Cadance and Shining Armor dismisses Twilight, then no. In fact, I liked that scene as a sort of "rising action" part of the plot-line.

• Brohoof 2

Love: The Cutie Map is my favorite episode (probably because I love dystopian futures)

Hate: Yakity Saks. The episode felt like an unending ear torture with Pinkie’s instrument being blared every minute.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Forgot to add something
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheAnimationFana said:

For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils

I always thought that made sense since, Sweetie Belle was supposed to be the "Ebenezer Scrooge" of the episode.  

Dislike: "Filli Vanilli": I like "Find the Music In You".

• Brohoof 1