Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just now, TheAnimationFana said:

What's one aspect you dont like about it or that could have been better.

It’s hard to say, but I think it’s the fact that Starlight ran away in the end. I know the episode was running short on time but not chasing after a runaway cult leader seems a bit odd.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I always thought that made sense since, Sweetie Belle was supposed to be the "Ebenezer Scrooge" of the episode.  

It works in episode. When she tries to do something cruel and mean-spirited, not only is she shown the harsh consequences of her actions, she immediately regrets it and redeems herself.

Edited by TheAnimationFana
  • Brohoof 1

"Applejack's "Day" Off"

I loved the first half. It showcased Applejack's intelligence and problem solving abilities. 

I hated the second half. It went on to show us that Applejack was a stupid blundering moron.

How could they write such a contradictory episode about AJ? Which is she, smart or stupid? 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

Love: "The Mane Attraction". Every scene that Svengellop is in is unpleasant to watch, and the lack of comeuppance is disappointing.

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

"Applejack's "Day" Off"

I loved the first half. It showcased Applejack's inelegance and problem solving abilities. 

I hated the second half. It went on to show us that Applejack was a stupid blundering moron.

How could they write such a contradictory episode about AJ? Which is she, smart or stupid? 

That's Neal Dusedau for you. Writing people stupid for the sake of the story.

The sad part is.. that was his "best" episode.

There are no episodes I actually hate or even dislike, but my least favorite is "Apple Family Reunion" (which I found boring).

However, I did enjoy "Raise This Barn" which was quite catchy! :mlp_yeehaa: And it was also nice to see more of the Apple family, as well as the last appearance of Babs Seed (who I'd like to see at least once more). :)

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

There are no episodes I actually hate or even dislike, but my least favorite is "Apple Family Reunion" (which I found boring).

However, I did enjoy "Raise This Barn" which was quite catchy! :mlp_yeehaa: And it was also nice to see more of the Apple family, as well as the last appearance of Babs Seed (who I'd like to see at least once more). :)

I wish I shared your optimistic view on almost every episode.

• Brohoof 2

Hate: Applejack's "Day" Off: I liked that the episodes main characters were Applejack, Twilight Sparkle & Rarity. 

Love: Amending Fences:      I'm sad that Moon Dancer never learned why Twilight Sparkle missed her party in the first place. 

• Brohoof 1

I wish I shared your optimistic view on almost every episode.

I'm not sure how I do it, since I'm generally quite critical of things, but MLP is indeed the exception – I always enjoy it to some extent. :)The worst episodes to me are the ones that are uneventful or otherwise forgettable. But I'd still rather watch a "boring" episode of MLP (like "Apple Family Reunion" or "Fluttershy Leans In") than many other series!

• Brohoof 4

Hate: "Make New Friends, But Keep Discord". It was hilarious seeing Rarity do the "nude coverup" gag when ponies don't normally wear clothes. I also liked Celestia's interactions throughout the episode.

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

But Celestia sent back the Friendship letters Twilight wrote back to her, which snapped her out of her "Discorded" state. That's not being worthless. If Celestia hadn't done that, Discord would have had permanent victory.

Fair enough, but she still should have done more than just leaving the problem for the Mane 6 to solve. 

2 minutes ago, imawesome said:

Fair enough, but she still should have done more than just leaving the problem for the Mane 6 to solve. 

What? You know the Mane 6 are only ones who can use the Elements of Harmony. Spike was temporarily the new Rainbow Dash and it didn't even glow a bit for him

1 hour ago, Tacodidra said:

Wow, you're almost like me with the whole "There are no episodes I actually hate or even dislike" thing

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Will Guide said:

What? You know the Mane 6 are only ones who can use the Elements of Harmony. Spike was temporarily the new Rainbow Dash and it didn't even glow a bit for him

But Princess Celestia's the Princess. She should have at least took initiative to protect Canterlot or the Mane 6. 

Just now, imawesome said:

But Princess Celestia's the Princess. She should have at least took initiative to protect Canterlot or the Mane 6. 

Which is why she hired Shining Armor to put a shield over the City later in Canterlot Wedding. Next time Discord appeared in S3's Keep Calm and Flutter On", Celestia put a protection spell on the Elements so Discord couldn't take them again. Now, I'm done with this back and forth and want to stick more to the topic's question.

Times They are a Changeling: (Love for debut of Best Changeling): Maybe if they add more conversation after the song to make it more clear why despite Shining's understandable distrust of Changeling, he decides to give Thorax a chance in the end.

Fake it Till You Make it (Hate because it should have been a new "Wanting to Please" Changeling character instead of Fluttershy suffering Aesop Amnesia): The Raccoons do charades with Charade Master Spike was kinda cool

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Will Guide said:

Which is why she hired Shining Armor to put a shield over the City later in Canterlot Wedding. Next time Discord appeared in S3's Keep Calm and Flutter On", Celestia put a protection spell on the Elements so Discord couldn't take them again. Now, I'm done with this back and forth and want to stick more to the topic's question.

True, I could come out with a lot of counter arguments but I think we should stop.  

Love: Gauntlet of Fire. Why were Rarity and Twilight in this again?

Hate: Twilight's Kingdom. The animators did an excellent job animating the Twilight v. Tirek scene. 

Fame and Misfortune (Love for its harsh, but true showing of the "fan dumb" side.): They should have had all the "fan dumb" bg ponies be completely new and used only for this episode. Hinting that some of the fan favorite ponies hate our mane 6 made part of our real Brony fanbase never going to let the showrunners live this down. 

Fluttershy Leans In (Hate because it's forgettable and I personally thought Flutter Brutter had Fluttershy's assertiveness work so much better to help the pony she's assertive to improve himself): Her building an Animal Sanctuary was a nice idea.

Hate: "Applejack's Day Off": Rarity's horrifyingly wrinkled face was something that managed to get a chuckle out of me.

Love: "Hearthbreakers"  The hinting a romance between cousins, Big Mac and Marble Pie is really creepy.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Love: "Hearthbreakers"  The hinting a romance between cousins, Big Mac and Marble Pie is really creepy.

I still don't get how a pair of timid ponies too embarrassed to even speak got all mistakenly believed to be attracted to each other in the first place, there's a reason Big Mac states that Sugar Belle is his first crush.

Edit: To get into the dynamic...

Dislike: Non-Compete Clause. The students had pretty nice moments and very funny lines.

Edited by DonMaguz
Added an entry for the topic.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

@imawesome @Dark Qiviut @This Whomps @Tacodidra @Sparklefan1234

Love: "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?". While each of the Mane 6's nightmares were amusing, there was a missed opportunity to have the nightmares be darker and more psychological. It would have made the final battle with the Tantabus much more epic.

Hate: "Putting Your Hoof Down". Some of Fluttershy's facial expressions (initially ) were very amusing.

Edited by TheAnimationFana
  • Brohoof 2

Love: "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?". While each of the Mane 6's nightmares were amusing, there was a missed opportunity to have the nightmares be darker and more psychological. It would have made the final battle with the Tantabus much more epic.

I wish Pinkie had a more significant role in this episode... A lot of ponies (including secondary characters like Filthy Rich) did their best to fight the Tantabus in various ways, but we didn't see her do anything – it's Pinkie in a dream sequence, they could really have done anything with her! :laugh:

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I wish Pinkie had a more significant role in this episode... A lot of ponies (including secondary characters like Filthy Rich) did their best to fight the Tantabus in various ways, but we didn't see her do anything – it's Pinkie in a dream sequence, they could really have done anything with her! :laugh:

I second this. The best opportunity to go all out with Pinkie's antics, and they kind of wasted it.

• Brohoof 1