Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Sphinx-Ara

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods, thinking a bit "Ooh, I remember, I believe I gave you an original Atari console" she says with a chuckle "You were so excited about it" she says as she looked out of the window as they drove out of the city district and into the countryside.

-In the car-

"Ooh Prince of Egypt, haven't seen that one since Scarlet and Dynamo were little" she coos "Lets go see that one" she says, starting the car up and started to drive.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lady Moonspell

Dynamo gasped as he almost suddenly stopped the car in surprise. "Now I remember! I almost couldn't believe it and was worried that it was a lot to buy that. I even remember you telling me that you didn't mind and that you wanted to get me the console. I gave you the greatest hug and we then played video games together. I think I stored the console away for safe keeping. Seeing how they are rare now, but game companies are releasing miniature consoles. It's cool, but I wonder if they can have every single game on a miniature console." He says, seeing the scenery that passed by as they drove through the countryside.

-In the car-

"I remember Dynamo and Scarlet watching that movie in school. I think it was an off day because of advanced testing exams. Unfortunately, they couldn't play the rest of the movie. Seeing how they got right back to classes after a day or two. However, we made sure to get the movie and watch it all together as a family." She says with a nod. "Okay, then. Let's go and see a great movie." 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet nods "From what I've heard, those mini consoles only have a selection of up to 30 to 100 games on it" she says "Depending on the console, they're kind of like, legitimate plug and play consoles, if you remember those" she giggles and just enjoys the rest of the ride, looking out of the window to see the scenery of the countryside.

-In the car-

Devin nods "i remember, well it'll be good to see how well the movie has aged since then" she says with a smile.

@Lady Moonspell

"I think I remember hearing about that. Either that, or I saw a box that said the console had about thirty games. It's pretty cool as there is variety, but it feels somewhat lackluster. Given that there were probably many more games for that console over the years. I guess it's honestly better than nothing. Although, I will never forget that gift you gave me. I guess I never really stopped playing those games after you left. It sort of made me feel like you were always with me playing games together." He smiles with a chuckle, before noticing a couple of houses were appearing in their view. "I think we're starting to make our way out of town. Are any of these houses the one you stayed with your aunts, Scar?" He asks, starting to slow the car down so they could check.

-In the car-

Gentle nods with a smile. "You can definitely say that again. The animation was pretty unique. I think the movie was made by Disney, but I could be wrong. If so, then it's rare to see movies made in that style nowadays. It's mostly different animation like Frozen, Tangled and other movies. I remember my son saying how he loved watching Big Hero 6." She says with a soft giggle.

@Dynamo Pad

"I think it has something to do with memory" she says "And the fact that the games on the console are just converted to emulated roms" she says with a grimace "I get that some people want it for the nostalgic feel, but honestly, you can easily download an emulator and game roms online for free" she says and sighs, looking out the window some more "These mini classic consoles are just cash grabs for the companies" she says "If I'm going to go for something for the nostalgia, then it will be the original, and not one with 30 pre-loaded games that aren't as good as the original cartridge or cd"

-in the car-

"Prince of Egypt and Jospeh King of Dreams were both actually DreamWorks, their best works next to Sinbad" Devin says "I honestly can't get into any of their later movies"

@Lady Moonspell

As he listened to her explanation, the blue unicorn couldn’t help, but nod in agreement. “That’s true when you put ornaments that way. I remember playing some video games on a rom emulator, but it didn’t feel the same like the actual console. That, and sometimes the emulator could error and corrupt the game you were playing. So, if it were me, then I’d do the same thing like you. I would get the actual, original console to play many more games. Instead of playing certain games on these new consoles. Although, I guess it’s cash grabs because of the nostalgia for those who played said console back then.” He says, glancing over to her with a smile, while still paying attention to driving.

“Even so, it still meant a lot to me when you got me that console. I still have that console with me. Maybe when we get back home, we can play some video games like the gold old days.” His ears perked as the GPS announced that they were close to Scarlet’s aunts house. “Hey, hon? Do you see the house anywhere? The GPS says that we have arrived and/or are very close. 

-In the car-

At the mention of what the movies were created by Dreamworks, Gentle raised an eyebrow in surprise. “Seriously? I thought the movie was made by Disney. I guess I thought Disney and Dreamworks were somewhat similar. Seeing how some movies were made by both companies.” She says, before faking a gasping of shock at what her best friend had said. “I can agree that some movies are hit or miss, but I thought movies like Shrek, How to Train your Dragon and The road to El Dorado were pretty good.” She says with a giggle. 

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would look out of the front window and smile "Ah that driveway up there, pull into there, that's their house there" she says with a smile, "You'll love my aunts, Snowshoe, is so much like Milkshake" she giggles "Just bigger and like us" she smiles at him.

-In the car-

Devin giggles "Oh yes, Road to El Darado, was good, but I wasn't much of a fan of their CGI ones like Shrek, Flushed Away etc, I always found their humor to be rather crass and crude"

@Nikita 'Gray' Wolf

Dynamo nodded as he began to pull the car into the driveway. There was another car in front of them, but he had enough room to park. As he turned the car off, he looked out the window and marveled at the house. "Your aunts have a pretty nice place. It's also pretty quiet and peaceful. Almost a complete contrast to how everything is in the city." He chuckled as he took the keys out of the ignition and stepped out of the car. "So, your aunt likes to cuddle and is fluffy? If so, then I guess she sounds like a really nice aunt. I just hope they are in, at the moment. Did they have to go anywhere in particular, or were they expecting us?"

-In the car-

Gentle nodded a few times to the example of movies, but shrugged her shoulders. "Fair enough, then. I admit that some of their humor revolved around some adult humor. I can imagine that happened a few times in the older movies, but now every joke or reference is so obvious. What about the subtle and clever references that nobody would expect?"

@Dynamo Pad

"Oh Aunt Snowshoe is exactly that, and they are waiting for us as I texted them earlier to let them know" she says "You can park outside the garage" she says to him, "it will make things easier to pack the car tomorrow" she'd then kiss him on the cheek as her two aunts, a snowshoe ragdoll cat and of course a bunny came out of the house to greet them.

-in the car-

Devin nods "The more subtle and clever jokes and references are fine, I suppose I was always just wary about what was in movies and shows, whenever I would let Scarlet and Dynamo watch them when they were kids"

@Nikita 'Gray' Wolf

Dynamo chuckled as his guess was fairly accurate. "I guess if that's the case, then I look forward to meeting your aunts. Did you tell them about you and me being a couple, or do they not know? I'm guessing they're like our mothers, who want to tease us for how cute we are together?" He chuckled once more, while parking just outside of the garage. "I guess I could have parked near the sidewalk, but I guess nobody will be needing to go out. At least the car is near the house. So, we'll be able to load up the car with all of the luggage from the house." He returns the kiss upon her cheek, before looking over to see her two aunts exiting the house. His jaw dropped slightly as the aunt Scarlet had mentioned was indeed a cat. "Huh. When you said she is just like Milkshake, you weren't kidding." He says, getting out of the car, while going over to the passenger side to open the door for the female rabbit.

-In the car-

"Now I'm starting to see why my son has different tastes in movies. Also, I guess that's the difference between us in what movies we let our kids watched. It looked like Scarlet enjoyed the movies that you weren't a fan of. However, over time, my son has only gone to see movies that catch his interest, or if said movie looks good. I guess he picked up your eye on good, quality movies." Gentle giggles, before shaking her head. "It seems my son has taken a bit after you. You were always like a grandmother, or a second mom to him. I was just wondering something. How far are we from the theater, Devin?"

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles as she waits for Dynamo to park the car before getting out and rushing out to hug her aunts. "Aunt Snowshoe! Aunt Geraldine!" she'd exclaim, hugging them tightly, wiggling her tufty little tail happily.

"Hey there sweetie" Snowshoe says, hugging her back "and this must be young Dynamo" she'd smile at him.

-in the car-

"About five more minutes dear" Devin says with a smile.

@Nikita 'Gray' Wolf

As soon as he helped Scarlet out of the vehicle, he had to quickly move out of the way. The reason was that Scarlet rushed over to hug her aunts, which caused Dynamo to smile and chuckle. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but Scar has always been known to surprise me." He closed the car doors, before making his way over towards Scarlet and her aunts. "Hello there, Miss Snowshoe and Miss Geraldine. My name is Dynamo Pad, but I guess Scarlet has told you both a bit about me, huh? It's still really nice to meet you." He held out a hand for the aunts to shake.

-In the car-

"Aw, but that's not fair, Devin! You said that before, but we weren't even there yet. There's barely any traffic, as well." She faked a pout, but knew that Devin didn't say anything before. She just wanted to joke around and mess with her best friend's mind. "I just hope we don't miss any previews. I have been wondering what's going to be on the big screen this year."

@Dynamo Pad

Both Geraldine and Snowshoe smile as Dynamo greets them, Geraldine speaks up "Ah yes, Dynamo Pad, I remember now, you were Scarlet's best friend when she was little when..when that unfortunate event happened" she says "I am glad you two found each other again, Scarlet really missed you"

Scarlet nods as she hugs Dynamo "I did, and the good news, I have officially been able to close the case, so I am now retired"

-in the car-

"Well Gentle dear, I'm not the one who didn't go to the bathroom before we left, we would be there already if we didn't need to stop so you could go use the ladies room" Devin would retort playfully.

@Nikita 'Gray' Wolf

Dynamo frowned slightly as Geraldine had brought up both the bad times and when he and Scarlet had to move away. He knew they didn't mean to bring that part of their lives up, but it still hurt, in a way. However, he soon smiled as she mentioned that the two of them had reunited. As Scarlet hugged him, he returned the hug and smiled. "I'm just happy that I was able to remember Scar and that we could reunite. I missed her too and I'm glad to know that we are a couple." He tightened the hug slightly as the female rabbit mentioned that the case had been officially closed. "By the way, the traffic in Manehatten is starting to get a little crazy. I hope you both don't mind if we need to stay the night, if that's okay."

-In the car-

"Well, it's not my fault. My parents once told me to always use the restroom at home. They always told me that it's never a good idea to use the restroom at a theater or other places. Something about how the bathroom are cleaned, but never truly cleaned up, or something like that. I guess I just fell into that mindset when growing up." She says, sticking her tongue out playfully, before giggling. 

@Dynamo Pad

Geraldine smiles "Oh you two are always more than welcome to stay the night, from what Devin told me, you are basically family, so please do come on in, oh and Scarlet" she says and looks to Scarlet with a smile "Your room is just as you left it, a mess" she says with a soft giggle.

-in the car-

Devin giggles "I know, but you should have gone before we left the first time, so I wouldn't have had to turn back around" she says with a smile as they finally arrive at the theater and she parks the car.

@Inlé

Dynamo could only smile and nod as Geraldine allowed them to stay the evening. "Thank you and we'll take you up on your offer, ma'am. I guess since I'm basically family, then I should call you both Aunt Snowshoe and Aunt Geraldine, huh?" He chuckled, before trying to hold back another fit of laughter from the mention of Scarlet's old room. "At least that's one thing that stayed the same. I was never a fan of cleaning up my room. So, I can definitely relate to that."

-In the car-

"Okay, okay. Sometimes I can never win against you in an argument. Other times, I'm able to. I guess it all depends on what we are arguing on. Even though it's not really an argument and just a debate." She giggles with a smile, before continuing. "Still, I'm sorry about that. It also looks like we were able to make it." She says as the two finally arrived at the movie theater. As Devin parked the car, Gentle opened the door and stepped out of the car to stretch. "Okay. Now to sit back, relax and enjoy a classic movie with my best friend. What do you say, Devin?" She asks as she turns to look over towards the female rabbit.

• 1 month later...

@Dynamo Pad

Geraldine smiles as she steps aside to let them inside "Please feel free to make yourself at home, any friend of Scarlet's is a friend of ours, and as your mother is Devin's best friend, you're practically family to us as well" she says as Scarlet smiles and hugs her aunts.

-in the car-

Devin just smiles and nods, her little tail wagging happily as she too stretched "I can't wait, it's been so long since we did this" she says.

@Demencia

As the two aunts stepped aside for them to pass, Dynamo walked into the living room, before placing the suitcase near the couch. He had a couple of boxes to pick up, but he would get them in just a moment. "Thank you and I really appreciate the hospitality. I guess you know a bit about my mom, huh? I'm guessing Miss Devin has told you all about her and I." He smiled softly at the mention of being considered family. He turned towards them and walked over and joining in on the hugs.

-in the car-

"You can say that again. Usually, there isn't any good movies on TV nowadays. They sometimes show old movies, but there isn't any good, yet classic films. I do love how some of these movies are being shown in theaters every now and then. It gives the sense of old nostalgia for those who have seen these films years and years ago." She smiles as she too began stretching as she exited the vehicle. "So, what do yo say, Dev. Ready to enjoy a classic movie?" She asks, making her way over to Devin and throwing an arm around her shoulders.

@Dynamo Pad

Geraldine nods with a giggle "Dear, we were there when Devin sent Scarlet to live with us" she says "We talked at length with your mother, so yes we know about her" she would say, returning the hug "Now, it's quite late, so I suggest we all get some sleep and talk some more in the morning, when our minds are clear" she'd smile at them.

-in the car-

Devin smiles "Too right, I mean there's Netflix but a lot of the movies they show just don't do it for me" she would say and sway her tail some and walking inside the cinema with her best friend. 

@Demencia

Dynamo nods, but frowns and gives the two aunts an apologetic look. "I hope you can forgive me if I had done or said anything when I was younger. I guess I was just so upset that Scarlet had to move away that I was really mad at you both and Miss Devin. Over time I had gotten over it, but I wanted to still apologize for anything that had happened." He says, nodding as he looked up towards the sky to see that it had gotten dark. "You're right and it'll be better to talk about everything in the morning. Is there any place for us to stay at? I can guess that Scar will have her old room and all."

-In the car/at the theater-

While the two walked into  the cinema, Gentle shot her best friend with a quizzical, yet confused glance. "I always thought it was called Hoofflix. I guess the name never stuck and they were able to change their name back to Netflix. You'd think they'd have some good movies since they have some interesting shows. I know Dynamo loves watching Equestrian Vandals and A Series of Unfortunate Events. I remember getting him the book series when he was younger. Even more movies get replaced every now and then, but it's a shame that some don't stay for a while. It's why I look to Fandango to watch specific movies." 

@Dynamo Pad

Geraldine smiles "It's all in the past deary, please have a good sleep, and if you're hungry the kitchen is just around the corner, next to the living room" she says as she and Snowshoe go to the living room to relax some before they go to bed.

Scarlet would smile and take Dynamo's hand, leading him up to her room.

-at the cinema-

"Hmm oh yes that" she says with a chuckle "I guess I just heard it as that online" she chuckles a little more, "how about I get our tickets, while you get the snacks?" 

@Demencia

Dynamo smiled softly as he listened to the aunt's comment, before nodding at the offer. "Thank you and we'll keep that in mind. Good evening Aunt Geraldine and Aunt Snowshoe." He felt Scarlet's paw in his hand as she started leading him up to her room. "Your aunts are really nice. Everything you told me so far about them is true. I guess it'll be great to get to know them more. After all, they are a part of the family, right?" He smiles as he gave her paw a reassuring squeeze.

-at the cinema-

Gentle rolled her eyes and giggled. "That's your excuse to everything we talk about. If it's a crazy story that impossible to believe, then you go and blame it on seeing things on the internet. To be fair, my son always tries to persuade me from clicking links that have anything that's considered free. Always saying they'll steal my information and that I'll be in trouble." It wasn't that she believed him, but was confused of sorts. At the mention of snacks, she nodded hesitantly. "I mean, that depends. What do you recommend, or are you going to buy out the whole snack stand?" She smirked playfully while holding back a laugh.

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet smiles and nods "Indeed, they are really nice, oh and if you need snuggles, they're always willing" she says "and aunt Snowshoe is the best when it comes to that, given as to how soft and fluffy she is" she says with a giggle and flopping onto the bed.

-in the cinema-

"Oh just get us the usual dear, the jumbo share pack, with the two extra large drinks, diet vanilla coke for me please and a jumbo box of popcorn" she would say to her with a wink.

• 2 weeks later...

@Demencia

Dynamo closed his eyes as he listened to the female rabbit's word of advice, before smiling and shaking his head. "I'll probably keep that in mind, but I'll most likely pass." He flopped onto the bed and pulled Scarlet into a hug. "I'll take your word for it, but I've already got snuggles. Seeing how I have an awesome and adorable girlfriend, after all." He leaned over and placed a kiss upon the female rabbit's forehead.

-In the cinema-

"A jumbo share pack, two extra large drinks and a jumbo box of popcorn. You've got it, dearie and I'll be right back." She returned the wink as the female unicorn made her way to the snack stand. She made sure to get everything on the list, along with ginger ale for her choice of drinks. After paying for everything, she took a carrier tray full of everything as she started making her way back towards Devin. "Hey, Dev? I was able to get everything that you and I wanted. Did you get the tickets? Not only that, but can you help me with carrying some of the snacks and drinks?"

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would simply giggle and cuddle up to him, nodding. "You're right" she would say,  nuzzling into the chest fur of her beloved stallion. She would then smile as she gazed lovingly into his eyes "And to think, soon we can start our new lives together in peace."

-at the cinema-

Devin would smile and nod, "got the tickets and sure, here, I can take the popcorn" she says, taking the large bucket of popcorn from her friend, leading the way to the cinema where the movie was being shown.