Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Close Encounters of the Past (Private with Dynamo Pad)

Victoria Everglade

@Lazy Ferret

Dynamo smiled with a nod at Devin's response. "You can say that again. It's sort of like how Scar and I have our monthly movie night with Pinkie and Cheese. At least, that's how we got it established recently. A sort of nice way to spend time with friends and to keep everyone together." He would say, turning his attention over towards Scarlet. "What do you think, sweetheart? Do you want to try and put this console together?"

"I know we probably discusses this, but what rumors are you talking about? Is there something we haven't known about yet?" Gentle asked, sighing with a groan at the commissioner's concern. "I didn't think this would reach national news already. We just heard about this today, but I guess word spreads fast." She smiled softly, hearing the good news about the commissioner's connection with the mayor. "It sounds like she made the right choice in making you Police commissioner. You do sound like you know what you're doing in terms of handling this case. If you're working with the Mayor on this, then does that mean we'll be seeing you in town soon and/or more often?"

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dynamo Pad

The commissioner smiles "Oh not the television thing, that was to be expected. I meant the whole incident in the past. I was actually just newly appointed commissioner back then, but I had already heard about it through the news and of course through Mayor Mare. I was just about to start helping when the case got closed, and yes, I will be in town within the next few days"

@Lazy Ferret

"Oh. I guess that was to be expected, but I didn't want to assume either." Gentle giggled slightly, before nodding as the commissioner had brought up the incident with a sigh. "I sometimes forget that it happened throughout all of Equestria. I know everyone wants to forget, but I guess this will always catch up to us. I'm guessing that the Mayor had already notified you when Devin and I had left. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to help before, but I'm glad that you can help now. Is there anything that I, or Devin can do to help? I think our kids might try and get involved in this. I can't say for absolute certain."

@Dynamo Pad

The commissioner would think for a moment "Just, make sure to let those in your town affected know that we will be here soon to help make sure nothing is repeated" he would say "though I am sure that Mayor Mare will let you know about a town meeting soon as well" he says "Look, I've got to go and call Mayor Mare now, but expect a call from her soon" he says "I do appreciate everything you and your children are doing to help, but for now, there's nothing we can do. I'm sure we will see each other soon, and thank you for the call..please say hi to Scarlet for me. See you soon" he then hangs up, before dialing up Mayor Mare's number.

@Lazy Ferret

"I understand and we'll all make sure to do just that. I know my son and Scarlet will be the first to let everyone know, but I think Mayor Mare will help on notifying the town too." Gentle responded, nodding as the commissioner brought up a good point. "I suppose you're saying that now about a town meeting as I'm sure you'll call her after this. I'll let Devin know so we'll be prepared for any calls." Her suspicion was confirmed as the commissioner mentioned about calling the Mayor. "Okay and we'll be on the lookout. Thank you for calling and letting us know on what's been going on. We all really do appreciate the help, sir. Take care and we'll see you soon. Also, don't worry. I'll make sure you said hi. Goodnight." She soon hung up the phone and sighed, before looking over to Devin and the others.

@Lazy Ferret

Gentle turned her attention over towards Scarlet, before nodding at the multiple questions that were directed at her. "You were right about him helping, but there was more than just that. The commissioner had said that he knows about Mayor Mare. Seeing as how it was her that helped him get his job in being the commissioner. He said that he'll be in Ponyville in the next few days to help see the case. Everything else was just a reminder with everything we already know, so far. He also wanted me to tell you that he said hi."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would smile and nod, "He's been very proud of how he was elected Commissioner with Mayor Mare's help" she says, and holds Dynamo's hand "and I'm kind of not surprised that what happened to us had become national news" she'd say and then nod "I suppose we will be hearing from Mayor Mare soon, then"

• 2 weeks later...

@Lazy Ferret

"It sounds like they have a special history together. I think it's wonderful that the Commissioner was able to get to where he is today thanks to our Mayor Mare. Hopefully, we'll get all of the help we can get now." Gentle would say, smiling softly as she saw Scarlet take hold of her son's hand. "I want to say that I'm surprised, but I guess I can't. After all, it was national news back then, but I was too young at the time to understand." Dynamo responded with a nod. "It only makes sense if we hear from Mayor Mare too. Our mom's went to see her, so it's natural that we'll be receiving an update."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet would nod "It is wonderful that he was able to get where he is today.." she then stop mid sentence "Oh man, I've been so dumb this whole time" she facepalms, "He was there right as the guard here were wrapping things up after they found out who was responsible" she'd say and chuckle a little "Which now makes sense why he was always going further than protocol when checking up on my mental health"

@Lazy Ferret

Gentle smiled as Scarlet had continued to explain her previous boss, the commissioner. "It sounds like this guy was a great influence into helping you find your career in life." She was about to continue, but stopped as she heard and saw Scarlet's face palm. "Are you okay, sweetie? What's wrong?" She asks, before Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise and realization. "Wait a minute. You mean that criminal that was being booked and charged was the one that set up those flyers? I knew he was being brought in as we were gathering your belongings, but still. I didn't think he would be the one that caused all of that to happen. It makes me wonder who that was and what he was up to with what our moms had discovered." He wondered, before smiling. "I guess he went further than protocol because he saw someone who was hard working. He must have seen and/or knew others that went through what you and I have gone through. Maybe it was his way of not wanting what you went through to be the same fate as others who shared similar fates/tragedies."

@Dynamo Pad

Scarlet looks to them "No, no, I mean that the commissioner was there at the end of the investigation" she'd say "Don't you remember D? He was very kind to us and when we were uncomfortable with a question he asked us, he'd stop and just let us play or colour in? He was that really nice officer" she'd say to him with a smile, "He'd always bring us take out and sweets"

Devin would smile "Yes, now I remember, he was always great with the kids, which makes his promotion more sense and more special"

@Lazy Ferret

Dynamo blinked as Scarlet had turned her attention over towards him. "Wait. Do you mean that commissioner we met all those years ago. That was the same commissioner that you had met when you were older?" His jaw dropped in surprise if that was correct. "If that's true, then it's a small world, after all. I do remember that. There were questions that I knew you or I didn't want to answer. There were times we clinged to the other whenever we began to shake with fear. He was always so understanding and patient with us. It was as if he knew the right things to say to help keep us calm." He smiled softly, remembering the times they would play together or color in the office. "I remember there was a time we wanted to have happy meals when we wanted take out. I always loved having those chicken nuggets." He would say with a chuckle.

"So, that really was the same commissioner. I wondered why his voice was so familiar when I was talking to him." Gentle would say with a gasp, before smiling. "Now I can definitely see how his promotion has been more special. He's very much earned it with how amazing he has done in helping out children."

@Dynamo Pad

Devin smiles and nods, cuddling up to Gentle "That is very true, and I can see why Mayor Mare advocated for his promotion" she'd say, Why don't you two play some games while Gentle and I take a rest upstairs, I'm quite shaken still, and still pretty tired." she'd suggest, "Can you let us know when we get any updates on the case?" she'd ask.

Scarlet would nod "Of course mom, you two get some rest and thank you so much for the console and games"

@Lazy Ferret

“Now with that information brought to light, it only makes more sense on why Mayor Mare trusts the commissioner wholeheartedly.” Gentle responded, yawning to further add to Devin’s claim. “I think that’s a good idea. You two can try out the console and play some games. Devin and I will have a nap and we’ll check on you later. Just let us know if anything changes with the commissioner or Mayor Mare, okay?” 

Dynamo nodded with no hesitation. “Will do, Miss Devin and definitely mom. You both need a much deserved rest after everything that’s happened. Thank you again for the console and games. If there’s any update, then we’ll be sure to let you both know.” He would say as Gentle smiled at the young couple. “Thank you so much, you two and you’re very welcome.”

@Lazy Ferret

Gentle smiled as she soon headed up the stairs towards her room with Devin. Upon arriving at said room, she sat down on the edge of the bed. Whereas Devin, who was laying down with a sigh. "Is everything okay, Dev?" She asks, looking behind her as she took note of the sigh.

Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly, before grinning. "Are you serious!? I've heard of that game, but I never got the chance to play it. I've only seen a walkthrough of the game once. I didn't know it was ported to the Switch!" He would say, cuddling up alongside Scarlet.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin lays down on the bed "I'm fine hon, just dealing with all this..and I'm just glad Quick isn't around to see a resurgence of the events. It hit him very hard when it happened to our kids" she'd say, cuddling up to Gentle.

"Mm backwards compatibility maybe?" Scarlet suggests

@Lazy Ferret

"I understand and you don't have to tell me twice. I always thought you and I could have our kids and ourselves move past this. I know it wasn't easy for Quick when he saw all of this going on. If he saw this again?" Gentle shook her head with a sigh. "I can't even begin to imagine. You think you were mad now? Quick would be on the warpath and yelling up a storm in order to get things done. He never liked what happened to our kids and was concerned. I'm only grateful that it's getting taken care of at it's source now. Who knows what would happen if it got started and/or continued to spread." She would say, laying down on the bed, before cuddling up to Devin.

"Hmm...I don't think so. I've heard that some popular games from earlier Nintendo consoles were put on something called the E-Shop. So, if it could be made into a game cartridge or be on the E-Shop, then we can play the games as if it was on the Switch all along. Something about Nintendo's personal classics." Dynamo responded as he began to set up Path of Radiance into the console.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin nods and smiles a little as she'd cuddle up to Gentle "Oh he'd be front and centre when it comes to protesting" she'd say with a small smile "Quick was always there for me and Scarlet. Scarlet even told me she saw him like a dad" she'd say, nuzzling her "and I'm sure that Quick always saw her as his own daughter" she'd giggle "Wonder what he'd think of us being together now" she pokes her tongue out playfully.

Scarlet would nod and nuzzle him "Hmm true, well either way, we can enjoy a game or two while our moms have a nap"

@Lazy Ferret

“I can see him have a sign near the picket fence being up in arms. That, or he’d go and give whoever thought it was a good idea to bring that show back a piece of their mind. That would set the record straight.” Gentle giggled with a smile, before sighing. “Thanks Dev. Just thinking that had caused me to feel a bit better. I always brought up the idea that Scarlet was like a daughter to Quick. Even he had to agree that he cared for you and her just like you and Scarlet cared for my son. There was a point that if anything were to happen to you, then we would have adopted Scarlet without hesitation. I seem to recall we agreed on that too.” She rolled her eyes as Dev’s playfulness, before smiling. “If you ask me, then I’d think he would be surprised. Given the fact that he said we were always together since we were best friends. So, he might have not expected something like that. However, I think he’d be happy for us. Happy for you because you wouldn’t have to go through things on your own again. Along with being happy for me for finally being able to move on.” She laid on her side, while propping an elbow to keep her head balance. Keeping her hand behind her head, she smirked playfully, before leaning over and kissed Dev.

Dynamo smiled and returned the nuzzle as soon as he finished up the game and console. “There you go, Scar. Since you were the one to remember the game, you should have the honors to start. We can take turns on either turn, or for each chapter.” He’d say, handing tinge controller over to the female rabbit with a nod. “You can say that again and I think it’s pretty fair. We had a nap earlier, so we can let our moms rest as we play our games. They did help us out a lot, after all.”

@Dynamo Pad

Devin nods as she cuddles up to Gentle "Mm, you're right. We did agree that if anything happened to me, that Scarlet would be adopted by you and Quick" she'd say, nuzzling her "And if anything happened to you and Quick. Dynamo would be with me and Scarlet" she'd smile some "Though, I don't think we need to worry about that much anymore" she giggles, kissing her "And I believe you're right. Quick is the type to be happy for the both of us. Maybe make a funny joke about it at least once though."

Scarlet would smile and nod as she then started the game, getting to the point of choosing the first Digimon "I always go with Terriormon, but if I could, I'd definitely go with Wanyamon. those little guys are so adorable" she'd say with a smile.

@Lazy Ferret

“Exactly because I will never forget that discussion. We all agreed with each other that no matter what, we’d never let the kids be separated from one another. We would always be one tight knit family.” Gentle smiled, cuddling up to Devin. “I’m so glad we don’t need to worry about anything like that anymore. We’re all back together and hopefully it’ll stay that way.” She giggled as Devin returned the kiss. “Oh, no. Remember, this is Quick we are talking about. If anything, he’ll go and make a joke every now and then.” She winked, before chuckling once more.

Dynamo smiled as they were presented with the option with choosing their part we Digimon. “I always loved Terriermon. He has some cool Divolved forms and the ears made said mon pretty adorable. I’d also probably go with Renamon. Not sure who Wanyamon is as it’s been a while, but I can imagine that they are an awesome Digimon.” He responded with a grin.

@Dynamo Pad

Devin couldn't help but laugh and nods "That's too true, he'd probably be like "Aaw, why couldn't I just have you two? Two beautiful women all to myself"" she chuckles "In honesty, I kind of thought of it here and there, but you two were just so perfect together, I didn't want to wreck that dynamic" she says, snuggling up closer to her "Once we get this stuff sorted, it'll be like old times, only our kids are old enough to look after themselves"

Scarlet smiles "Renamon is pretty neat, she actually reminds me of that cat character from .Hack// Gu, Mia was her name" she smiles to him

@Lazy Ferret

Gentle chuckled at Devin's imitation of Quick, before shaking her head. "I mean, weren't you married at the time? I think everything had gone well when you had Scarlet. I...I must admit that an idea like that would have been nice. Having you together with Quick and I. However, I guess I was just happy with having the way things as they were. That, and I know Quick and I were committed to each other. Only wanting each other and nobody else. I guess it's sort of complicated when love plays a factor." She would say, snuggling up to the female rabbit. "I'm glad that you understood though, but I'm really glad things were able to work out for us, in the end. I know Quick would give us his blessing and would want us to be truly happy with one another. I look forward to it being like the old times. A time where things weren't so complicated." She'd say with a nod. "You've got that right, dear. Our kids are old enough to look after themselves and each other, but also old enough to understand the relationship we share together." She smiled, leaning over to kiss Devin's cheek.

"Wait really?" Dynamo asks with a raised eyebrow. "I remember hearing about the .Hack series, but I haven't had the chance to see it. I remember hearing it was the first isekai game kind of anime, before SAO, Log Horizon, and other kind of that genre. I will admit that I like Renamon as she's one of my favorite animals, that being foxes. Although, I guess it's tied for favorites as I do love rabbits. Considering I have my favorite rabbit with me." He gave a playful smirk with a raise of an eyebrow. He knew it was a terrible joke, but he knew Scarlet would understand what he had meant.