Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Time for a new Challenge! (The Ponifying Challenge!)

MidnightFire1222

• 2 weeks later...

Last one. This was submitted by a user called Skitty on discord. I know there's a user by that name on the site, but I don't know if the person here and the one on on discord are the ame one.

1602421085_7GeoquilSkittydiscord.thumb.png.402ffc78bacc17f90e8ceedfa97262c6.png

This is Geoquil, a fusion of Geodude and Cyndaquil, and a rock/fire type.

This one was interesting to figure out I think it deviates the most from the image I received in the upper right corner there. I just couldn't figure out a way to make it look good, so I took a different approach and I think I actually made this fusion look cool, considering the two pokemo nthat make it are both a little bit goofy looking, no offenseto anyone that loves Cyndaquil or Geodude.

And with that, the Pokemon Fusion Challenge is finally concluded! Stay tuned for the next challenge, i have others I've come up with that I want to do and I think I know what the next one will be! Look for it in either October or November because I plan on starting it somewhere around the time the school i work for has its first long break and the first one is either in October or November. Will anounce it a week before, so you'll know when I start it!

You guys remember when I said I'd wait until a vacation time for the school I work at before I would do another challenge? Well I'm actually kind of an impatient person, and I don't want to wait that long, because I'm preeettty sure they first one isn't until November and I don't want to wait almost 2 months. So, I'll wait 2 days instead.

On Tuesday October 1st, I'm gonna post about the next 'challenge' I want to do. I'm not gonna reveal what it is just yet, but I will say that it will be pony related again unlike the previous one.

Stay tuned!

So, it's the beginning of the month. A lot of artists I'm seeing are starting something they call 'Ink-tober'. It's not something I'm interested in doing, because I want to do my own self-imposed challenges, to try something new and see if I can pull it off.

Anyway, this newest challenge is one I'm going to call 'The Ponifying Challenge'

Why this title you ask? Why that's simple!

Have you ever wondered what a character from your favorite show (not including MLP) would look like as a pony? Do you imagine what their race might be in the world of the MLP universe if they aren't a pony? Because let's face it, the show is filled with many diverse and intelligent species and the pony races make up only a few of them. What I want to do for this challenge is to help you make your imagination take on a form in picture!

A few things to note:

- Very Important: Only one entry per person.
- Please include any pictures you can find of your character, along with information about who they are, what their personality is, etc, because changes are it could be a character from a series I've never heard of.
- Character can be from a TV show, comic, movie, or video game either live action or animated. Anime and manga characters are also acceptable, but no characters that fall on the risque side please. Keep it family friendly!
- If there is a specific race you want me to change the character into, be sure to let me know what you would like it to be! Otherwise, I'll turn them into what I feel fits them the best.
- Post an entry on this thread or PM me. I'll also be posting it to my twitter, deviantart, and tumblr art blog. You can find links to those in most of my recent pictures and on my 'About me' section of my user page and down below as well.
- All final drawings will be full body, flat color, so no shading this time.

I'll be keeping this free offer open until Tuesday October 8, 2019. You have until then to send me an entry. After that day this offer will close and I won't accent any new entries.

Here's an example I did for a commission back in June where I ponified 2 characters from Rainbow Six: Seige.
1489558736_C53treresidentmlpforumponifiedsoldiercharacters.thumb.png.d1afc81525f92e641d6aa0e5722bab23.png

sounds like a great challenge,i think my choice will be Riko from Made in abyss
5e8b7cc2ec0798a2d0c86a04268b092514905173
Age 12 (so maybe an earth pony filly? or "student 6 age")
Riko is a good-natured, joyful, and energetic child. She has a quick and inquisitive mind, gathering and properly organizing all the information available on subjects that interest her. For the team, she is the unbreakable force of enthusiasm in the midst of their constant hardships.

she is fragile and not much of a brawler, but her ability to keep a cool head under pressure to make rational decisions allows her to tackle the hardships of adventuring in dangerous places

Her priorities are her own wants, so she has made and suffered from rash actions. She can also make a delicious meal out of anything, is willing to eat disgusting food

• Brohoof 1

Wander from Wander Over Yonder

latest?cb=20160223181002&path-prefix=protagonist

"Wander has a very friendly, kindhearted, and lovable personality, though others find his boundless energy and optimism to be very annoying. He is also somewhat flighty and easily distracted, but always well-meaning, with a very strong moral center. Though he can be naive, Wander is shown to be very witty and clever when he needs to be, and is capable of problem-solving on the spot and outsmarting his adversaries with little effort. Wander likes everyone he meets and always sees the good in people." (Quoted from parts of the personality category on his Wander over Yonder wiki page.)

Edited by SkyPie
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

Wander from Wander Over Yonder

latest?cb=20160223181002&path-prefix=protagonist

"Wander has a very friendly, kindhearted, and lovable personality, though others find his boundless energy and optimism to be very annoying. He is also somewhat flighty and easily distracted, but always well-meaning, with a very strong moral center. Though he can be naive, Wander is shown to be very witty and clever when he needs to be, and is capable of problem-solving on the spot and outsmarting his adversaries with little effort. Wander likes everyone he meets and always sees the good in people." (Quoted from parts of the personality category on his Wander over Yonder wiki page.)

Was there a particular race you wanted me to make him or are you leaving it up to me?

1 hour ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Was there a particular race you wanted me to make him or are you leaving it up to me?

I'll leave you up to you to see what you come up with.

• Brohoof 1

Character: Boboiboy Halilintar (From Boboiboy)

•  Halilintar.png.0ad17bfe14be357a7d3ebb6f961ac68e.png latest?cb=20170428202010&path-prefix=ms
  • One of the seven personalities of a superhero that can split into seven different people
  • Lightning Abilities (Throw Lightning Bots, Can cause Thunderstorms, etc), Materialise Swords Fused With Electricity, Run at High Speed
  • Temparemental, Easily Angered, Quiet, Prefers standing his ground to fight even when the odds seems against him, Stubborn

Pony Race: I don't mind. I'll leave it up to you.

Hope that is enough information to go with. :)

@MidnightFire1222

>:33

Here’s Karkat Vantas

He’s an Alternian troll, which is kind of like a human but with bug features

Namely they start out as grubs and pupate

Plus they have horns and a bunch of other shenanigans

So do with that what you will

He’s about 13 years old.

He’s a good leader and has the ability to “swoosh pap” someone until they calm down.  

Here’s a few pictures of him

Spoiler

E537A366-5EEF-47A0-A56D-76E00B323AEC.png.875790cf3bda86b6c553273bf488db1e.pngAA9498BF-94C6-465C-B0CA-24931002B022.jpeg.c72baf0bd61980c74ca690bfaf7e2d9f.jpeg5F5F6074-DD03-40A1-84D1-E3BF7EB0B560.gif.e2522d106aa568e44102fb68f13714b1.gif0E1A2408-F1D0-452B-B9A0-AB28E841E059.gif.7ea60883d73735b690c22deccd74f083.gif

You could also reference this if you feel like it

12B8F049-5B5D-453E-AA08-5A05215176CF.jpeg.7210b620f387cbe334c31887596f3a80.jpeg

I wasn’t sure how to describe his personality, so I just went on the MSPA Wiki, copy-pasted a ton of text, and shortened it somewhat. Essentially, he’s ambitious (but not good at it), angry almost all of the time, a good leader, and someone who deeply cares about his friends and will do his best to help them with their problems.

Spoiler

Karkat is very crabby. He constantly insults others in the style of a stereotypical internet troll, supporting his arguments with what seems to be empty logic. He rarely smiles. He is also often seen generally raging when talking to anyone. He is not particularly patient when explaining himself, making even his most sound advice appear to be random insults.

Karkat is ruthlessly ambitious and will grasp at any opportunity for power, but he just doesn't have the subtlety of his compatriots and ends with the short end of the stick more than once. His real strength is to shepherd his dysfunctional friends into following a plan, which just gives him another excuse to go off the handle when something does not go according to it. Despite his arrogant and volatile behavior he proves to be a somewhat effective leader of the twelve. Karkat "studies" relationships as an avid admirer of troll romance novels and rom-coms. He considers himself an expert in romance and takes it upon himself to educate the ignorant on the topic as well as dole out advice. 

Despite his flippant demeanor, he also seems to care quite deeply for his friends' well being. Towards the end, Karkat seems to show a softer side that hasn't really been shown before; in his final memo, future Karkat leaves a rather emotional story shortly before Kanaya responds to it. At this point he treats her in a friendly and polite manner, something that he's done only with a select few before. 

Karkat has trouble jumping to action. If things go off plan and he's not nearby, he gets angry and starts yelling at the related parties. If he is nearby he either tries to devise a working plan or stands there in shock.

He usually stops insulting and whining whenever the others mentions he or she has some kind of significant problem that isn't worth making fun of.

Uh yea I think that’s all I got

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I forgot to mention this, but the challenge is closed. I won't be accepting anymore submissions from anyone. I might start on them the weekend after this one, when I get a long weekend break .Or maybe sooner; we'll see what happens.

Edited by MidnightFire1222

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks but I finally got the next one done!

Submitted by @Lulaypp, this is Boboiboy Halilintar from Boboiboy

2132088050_4LulayppBoboiboyHalilintarfromBoboiboyunicornmlpforum.thumb.png.dba7c72411640a8690e573ca0e6d36a0.png

I have the next couple weeks off so I should be able to finish the rest of them soon enough. There are five more entries for me to do so stay tuned for those to come!

• Brohoof 2

The fifth submission for the Ponifying Challenge overall, this is Princess Iris from Lolirock, submitted by StarElisah on deviantart.

591815108_5StarElisahIrisfromLolirockdeviantartunicornormaybealicorndependingonform.thumb.png.4c954e6a6f2b6b0d5b23f9220ec1dd17.png

I still have 4 left, with one of them being a double picture because two people requested them to be together (you'll see them when I get to them). I probably won't finish them this year, but I should finish them early next year! :D

• Brohoof 1