Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you play with your MLP merchandise or do you use it as decoration?

Lord Midnight Madness

My collection either stays on the shelves or within its packaging that is pinned to my wall. When I was a child though I used to play with a few of them but that was probably 25+ years ago so now they sit on my shelf along with other gen 1's.

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 10:04 AM, Zero said:

Nah, just decoration, I don't keep anything in their packaging though

Yes, pretty much the same here. I don't "play" with any of my merch because I'm too old for that, but I also don't really keep much of anything in the original boxes either (I do however, keep every single box and package that my merch comes in in the back of my closet). I like to keep things sitting out on display on my desk shelves and bookcase, because I think it looks a lot nicer that way :fluttershy:  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Always use them for display, which isn't limited to my pony toys, but since their posability is usually limited I usually don't have to worry about posing them or placement which I can actually be thankful for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2021-05-01 at 9:00 AM, ExplosionMare said:

I like playing with plushies though

How many pony plushies do you have? I have four Twilight's, one Rainbow Dash, an Anonfilly plush, and I have a custom made life-sized Wonderbolt Twilight plush currently being made :ticking:

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

How many pony plushies do you have? I have four Twilight's, one Rainbow Dash, an Anonfilly plush, and I have a custom made life-sized Wonderbolt Twilight plush currently being made :ticking:

I have 5/6 of the Mane 6 Hasbro plushies (the kind with the brushable hair), the set of the mini plushies that came with Santa hats, a couple of Fluttershys that came from a carnival (one big and one small), and I have Twilight, Songbird, Tempest, Rainbow, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Minty, Sunset, Starlight, and the rest of the princesses as Build a Bears. Oh yeah, and I also have Celestia, Luna, and Cadance plushies that are smaller. Listing this, I just realized I have way too many plushies :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

My main merch is my CCG cards and I play the frig out of them :P 

<3 my cards

I am protective of my enormous Pinkie plush though and don't cuddle it or w/e. It lives in its proper place surveying the world. Pinkie wouldn't want me fawning over her. She needs her space.

My other merch is signed posters and such and they belong behind glass.

As for actual intended audience pony models... I've just never been into that. Sorry Hasbro. When I was the intended audience's age I was more into making cars smash into each other :P

• 1 month later...

When my neices come round then the ponies get played with :3 but I don't actually own many of the ponies - was never much into that side of MLP

the card-game gets played with a lot - more than any other leisure thing tbh :blush:

edit huh I had already replied to this thread but managed not to repeat myself so I'll leave it up

Most of the stuff I have are just for decoration. The only things I use in my room is my computer stuffs, bed and clothing. All the plushies/toys just sit on the bed against the wall, and all the knick knacks are on every single flat platform even the floor xD

I've only ever used it as a decoration myself I mean I wouldn't criticize someone for playing with it they are toys after all but I suppose I prefer them as a decoration if that makes sense. The smaller figures are also fun to collect but yeah I mean I have admittedly not played with them.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Just decoration. I only have a couple things out at any given time and switch things out once in a while. I keep most of it in a big drawer.

Having it all out at once would be a bit much- even though I don't have anywhere near the massive collections some of you guys do.:o

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I would have played with them 10 years ago or so but now I don’t feel like playing with children’s toys anymore as a 20 year old. Plus, playing with them might result in damage of some sort and I wouldn’t risk that. If someone else likes to play with ponies like a little kid that’s their business but I would have a problem with them playing with my ponies.