Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Climate Change supposed to happen?

heavens-champion

Yes but not in the way you're hoping. It doesn't happen overnight but unfortunately each year gets warmer and warmer

Climate change has been happening over the recent years, it doesn't just stop and go when it feels like it it just keeps going.  Every season is affected by it, not just winter.  Doesn't it sound a bit selfish of you to hope that something as terrible as climate change to happen just because it gives you results you want?  Climate change is a bad thing...

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Thuja said:

Climate change has been happening over the recent years, it doesn't just stop and go when it feels like it it just keeps going.  Every season is affected by it, not just winter.  Doesn't it sound a bit selfish of you to hope that something as terrible as climate change to happen just because it gives you results you want?  Climate change is a bad thing...

I don't hope for it to happen. I just don't want to die.

19 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Totally understandable, kinda wish you added that to your op.  The weather is simply going to be the weather, we're not at the point where we can completely control it.  I kinda get the feeling that we might have another heat wave this summer but I hope nature proves me wrong.

The climate does change on a natural cycle. We're supposed to be in an ice age right now. But, with the pumping out of Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide and melting of trapped methane in the polar regions, we're warming the Earth at an alarming rate. To sum it up, climate change is a natural process of the earth through the tilts of the earth's axis, strength/amount of energy from the sun, and the albedo (the rate at which a surface absorbs or reflects energy) of surfaces.

Climate change does happen naturally, but over the last hundred and fifty years or so it's been more severe than usual, which is more than likely due to our over-use of fossil fuels. 

I wouldn't expect another cold year in our lifetime, at least on a global scale... It's likely going to get worse before it gets better...

Edited by ~Dusky~

Climate changes may go hot for a while and swing back again to being cold for a while. Weather is never going to be one constant thing; nature doesn’t work that way. Everyone likes to talk about holes in the ozone layer but never mention that these holes can close as well as open. Nature is constantly in motion, so don’t worry about changes in one direction or another.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, heavens-champion said:

Climate change is not going to be an apocalyptic event, and the human race isn’t going to go extinct because of it. However, it can come with dire consequences; 2 C° of warming according to the IPCC can have impacts on agriculture, loss of natural habitats, more severe natural disasters, and sea level rises. With how many large cities are near the coast like Miami, Jakarta, Dhaka, and so on, this can also result in the displacement of millions of people.

• Brohoof 1

Contrary to popular belief, climate change doesn't mean "things get warmer" . As polar ice melts, the entire climate system is altered, leading to rises in sea level, which in turn contributes to tropical storms, floods, hurricanes. The ice migrating down from the north also has the effect of making weather colder in the winter months. This is a deadly serious issue backed by the full weight of science- half of all the earth's species are expected to be driven to extinction by the end of the century. Only if people take this to heart and agree to do what is necessary can we do anything at all.  

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot of scientific evidence and research that shows humans are warming the earth at an accelerated pace.

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

If I were to put my opinion on climate change here, I’d probably get bashed for it... That’s all I’m gonna say. 

If you don't mind me asking, why not?

Climate change is real, but it does not happen at such a pace as it has for roughly two centuries, naturally. It just does not happen.

This issue has no other rational side to it, with the amount of evidence corroborating the fact that we've caused this problem. If you don't want to think that our actions have consequences, that's your problem and not the problem of climatologists. :bea:

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2019-04-14 at 5:42 PM, Somebody that Exists said:

Climate change is real, but it does not happen at such a pace as it has for roughly two centuries, naturally. It just does not happen.

This issue has no other rational side to it, with the amount of evidence corroborating the fact that we've caused this problem. If you don't want to think that our actions have consequences, that's your problem and not the problem of climatologists. :bea:

Actually, I do believe our actions have consequences... I'm just not gonna like every consequence that happens.