JoshuaBrony021

General What's the best place to buy nerd glasses?

So, not only am I a brony, but I am starting to turn into a nerd. I'm wondering where I should buy nerdy glasses. 

Thank you, everypony!

Badges

From your local optician...? :mlp_huh: Aren't those fake eyeglasses made from window glass sold in every other supermarket novadays?

If you don't need to wear glasses, why wear fake ones????  Just because you feel like you're more of a "nerd" doesn't mean you need to wear glasses...  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform to wear.  Either way, if you really want fake glasses, look up cosplay ones.  There're a few good online shops dedicated to cosplay eyewear without a prescription.

Tokyo Otaku Mode is a good start but the glasses are kinda expensive but they're more reliable in quality than other websites...

Edited by Thuja
Looked for a site

Badges

3 minutes ago, Thuja said:

If you don't need to wear glasses, why wear fake ones????  Just because you feel like you're more of a "nerd" doesn't mean you need to wear glasses...  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform to wear.  Either way, if you really want fake glasses, look up cosplay ones.  There're a few good online shops dedicated to cosplay eyewear without a prescription.

Okay. I did hear that Amazon has nerd glasses, so if I really want nerd glasses, I should check Amazon.

Badges

Just now, JoshuaBrony021 said:

Okay. I did hear that Amazon has nerd glasses, so if I really want nerd glasses, I should check Amazon.

But seriously though, why do you feel the need to buy "nerd glasses" just because you feel nerdier these days???

Badges

Just now, Thuja said:

But seriously though, why do you feel the need to buy "nerd glasses" just because you feel nerdier these days???

I don't know. I just think it sounds cool and nerdy. I wanna not only act nerdy, but look nerdy too.

Badges

Just now, JoshuaBrony021 said:

I don't know. I just think it sounds cool and nerdy. I wanna not only act nerdy, but look nerdy too.

You don't have to wear glasses to look nerdy though, you know?  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform.  Regardless, hope you find a pair that calls out to you and gives you the look you're looking for.

Badges

I wear glasses because of poor eyesight. I have no memory of NOT wearing glasses. I have plenty of memories about detesting this stereotype. 

• Brohoof 1

I wear a pair of eyeglasses that may or may not be considered nerdy. I got them from my optometrist, after getting a newer prescription, on account for my bad eyesight. 

Edited by Cash In

I only occasionally wear reading glasses and I only buy them where they’re cheap, so I go to the Dollar Store. These aren’t fancy glasses for people who need help with serious vision problems, but if you’re not too demanding, they'll do the job. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, JoshuaBrony021 said:

I'm gonna push aside the stereotypical talk aside...because I wear one but I couldn't care less if people wants to for fashion....  but  try looking up glasses frames if they're selling them for an reasonable instead for cosplay ones. If you prefers that style better.  Since you're not using it, the lens that comes with the frames will be non-precipitated . 

Edited by TBD