JoshuaBrony021

General What's the best place to buy nerd glasses?

Recommended Posts

So, not only am I a brony, but I am starting to turn into a nerd. I'm wondering where I should buy nerdy glasses. 

Thank you, everypony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

From your local optician...? :mlp_huh: Aren't those fake eyeglasses made from window glass sold in every other supermarket novadays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If you don't need to wear glasses, why wear fake ones????  Just because you feel like you're more of a "nerd" doesn't mean you need to wear glasses...  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform to wear.  Either way, if you really want fake glasses, look up cosplay ones.  There're a few good online shops dedicated to cosplay eyewear without a prescription.

Tokyo Otaku Mode is a good start but the glasses are kinda expensive but they're more reliable in quality than other websites...

Edited by Thuja
Looked for a site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Thuja said:

If you don't need to wear glasses, why wear fake ones????  Just because you feel like you're more of a "nerd" doesn't mean you need to wear glasses...  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform to wear.  Either way, if you really want fake glasses, look up cosplay ones.  There're a few good online shops dedicated to cosplay eyewear without a prescription.

Okay. I did hear that Amazon has nerd glasses, so if I really want nerd glasses, I should check Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, JoshuaBrony021 said:

Okay. I did hear that Amazon has nerd glasses, so if I really want nerd glasses, I should check Amazon.

But seriously though, why do you feel the need to buy "nerd glasses" just because you feel nerdier these days???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Thuja said:

But seriously though, why do you feel the need to buy "nerd glasses" just because you feel nerdier these days???

I don't know. I just think it sounds cool and nerdy. I wanna not only act nerdy, but look nerdy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, JoshuaBrony021 said:

I don't know. I just think it sounds cool and nerdy. I wanna not only act nerdy, but look nerdy too.

You don't have to wear glasses to look nerdy though, you know?  Being a nerd doesn't come with a uniform.  Regardless, hope you find a pair that calls out to you and gives you the look you're looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I wear glasses because of poor eyesight. I have no memory of NOT wearing glasses. I have plenty of memories about detesting this stereotype. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear a pair of eyeglasses that may or may not be considered nerdy. I got them from my optometrist, after getting a newer prescription, on account for my bad eyesight. 

Edited by Cash In

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only occasionally wear reading glasses and I only buy them where they’re cheap, so I go to the Dollar Store. These aren’t fancy glasses for people who need help with serious vision problems, but if you’re not too demanding, they'll do the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, JoshuaBrony021 said:

Okay. I did hear that Amazon has nerd glasses, so if I really want nerd glasses, I should check Amazon.

I'm gonna push aside the stereotypical talk aside...because I wear one but I couldn't care less if people wants to for fashion....  but  try looking up glasses frames if they're selling them for an reasonable instead for cosplay ones. If you prefers that style better.  Since you're not using it, the lens that comes with the frames will be non-precipitated . 

Edited by TBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.