Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 without the School of Friendiship

PaulBron

19 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Okay, fine, maybe that, but still, again, not more Rainbow Dash than in the last few seasons, just to be fair for fans of the other characters.

I don't really care about who gets more episodes or so, but I'd like more ambition. I dunno, the cirrostratan pegasi revealing themselves, bat poneh, kirin integrating to Equestria, some ancient myth of pony history, whatever :fluttershy:

As kinda un-fond (that's not a word, is it?) I am of the whole friendship school concept and how it was executed in general, I think it would be a pretty stupid move to just suddenly get rid of it after only one season. It's too late to take it back now.

What I can see happening is the school getting shoved to the side in order to focus more on important things like Grogar, the return of Cozy, and whatever else they will do to build up to the series finale, if this season is indeed the final one. 

On a side note, I'm surprised how little we know of the upcoming season, given that it's already 2019. I would have expected more leaked assets by now. Maybe Hasbro finally beefed up their security?

18 minutes ago, Bas said:

Was Grogar ever mentioned in FiM?

Don't remember the name of the in-show story, but there was a story book that mentioned Grogat in A Flurry of Emotions. Specifically when Twi was reading it at the sick foals in the hospital while McFlurry was looking for her snail plush 

Spoiler

I did see a vector of him found in the leaks tho 

As much as I would like this, I doubt it would happen. I've always felt that the school of friendship kind of ruins Twilight's legacy. It seems incredibly superficial. Twilight deserves better.

• Brohoof 1

Either they should put more time and effort to properly introduce and establish the school of friendship and the young six to win us over, or just cut their proportion in the show and focus more on a more solid foundation.

Even when those were the main focus of season 8, It wasn't completely focused. They should have pushed the idea further with more competence, but instead, it was done half way and not so well. So while the background and characters being not quite there, lots of episodes and time were distributed to them. That's why they felt less interesting and satisfying than the mane six doing it. 

Whatever they choose to do (I would still prefer the mane six 1000 times), I just hope they make it good.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think the school of friendship will have the same amount of focus as it did in Season 8, but I'm sure it will still be important. That being said, it's inevitable for it to be featured, as it has been an essential part of the development of the Young Six. It would make no sense for it to be cast aside so suddenly. 

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

I agree, the School of Friendship truly is a bad plot device meant to sell some more play setts. First of all, the school takes away from the main characters and can't even make up for it because it is uninteresting. Second, I'm just not a big fan of the young six. I don't hate them or anything but they are nowhere near as interesting as the main characters we already have. Third is all of the stupid ways in which the School of Friendship inconveniences the show. Like, all of a sudden the main six, who all already have jobs, now are being forced to teach in a school which really limits their free time. It really is all a shame because I thought that the show was really going to get even better because of season seven being so good. But no, we need to sell more play setts.

• Brohoof 1

The School and the Student Six should have stayed in S8 where they belonged. Every episode involving the damn school and the six were the worst episodes in S9

• Brohoof 2

Smolder is my second favorite character, I'm glad she got to have attention this season, and I'm glad that both Yona and Sandbar got some much needed development.  I don't mind the school, to be honest, and 5 out of 6 of the Student 6 are on my personal Top 30 Best Characters list.

On 9/23/2019 at 4:30 AM, Kiryu-Chan said:

The School and the Student Six should have stayed in S8 where they belonged. Every episode involving the damn school and the six were the worst episodes in S9

A Horse Shoe-in and Student Counsel weren't bad episodes. You can't just cut Starlight's entire culmination