• OCs
    • Fanart
    • Roleplay
    • Talking with other bronies
    • Fanfics
    • Character shipping
    • Non-MLP Content
    • Other
  2. 2. What all do you not like? (Multiple Answer)

• Discussing the Show
    • The Ponies Themselves
    • OCs
    • Fanart
    • Roleplay
    • Talking with other bronies
    • Fanfics
    • Character shipping
    • Non-MLP Content
    • Other

Hello, it's Astro here to bring you a poll

I want to know why you all like the forums. What do you like most? What do you like least

After 2 weeks have passed us by, I will ponder over the statistics you, the MLPF users have provided. After which I hope to do something really special for the community. I can't say what yet, but trust me, the community will benefit greatly

If you answer "other" for any category, feel free to go into depth below. More data on the likes and dislikes of the fandom as a whole is always beneficial to the plans I have

• Brohoof 3

Me? I like the forums because it gives me a means to communicate with others that share interests with me. It's also a place where I can discuss a show I enjoy, as well as my hobbies and whatnot. 

• Brohoof 1

My biggest reason to stay here is to talk with people that I've met here. Sure, the pony show is great and all, but ponies can only keep you interested for so long.

What do I dislike? Personally never been a fan of roleplaying, but that is just me. Nothing wrong with the site doing it.

• Brohoof 3

I like being here because of the (generally) friendly atmosphere. I generally just post in Media and General Discussion to vent or post what I think, or whatever. It's pretty nice to find that I'm not the only nerdy, awkward weirdo in the world. There's actually other not rabid people who actually like the same things I do. That's really something.

I never really roleplay, and the only OC I ever made I abandoned years ago before he got any art after deciding it wasn't my thing. As for shipping, I've never really cared for it. I advocate for a specific gay Paladins ship, but other than that, I have always been a little grossed out about it.

Though I voted for "Other" because of the bad apples, who are some of the s#!++!£$+ people I've EVER encountered. Seriously, I have had enough stupid, pointless arguments on here for a lifetime. It's always the same FEW people that do this with me. Seriously, I've had enough of them. They've nearly gotten me banned, and they need to get a f****ing grip. If you can't, get off the internet. You and everyone else will be better for it.

• Brohoof 1

I... It seems, that I don't do much on the forums besides talking with the others.. I never really did anything, just occasionally participated in some discussions. So the accurate answer for me is talking with the others I suppose. :derp: The ponies themselves also count obviously. ;) 

As for what I don't like... I guess I'll throw Non-MLP Content. While I don't mind these being discussed in designated areas, I seem to disliked the idea of officially having non-mlp events, that appear invasive. These simply feel out of place, so is how I felt during the last one. :mlp_please: I was also wondering on RP, but the fact I don't do it doesn't mean I dislike it, so I haven't voted for that one in the end, as it's fine.

Summarizing:
[+] Talking with the others
[-] Non-MLP Content (in specific circumstances)

• Brohoof 1

This site is the *only* community I feel like I have ever really had a place in. A place where I was liked by many, where I was able to give something back to the community, where what I said seemed to matter and where I have many friends. I will always cherish these forums for all of that. Only thing is, it just seems like my place here is a lot less...significant these days. Just kinda seems like all I ever do is put people off and not many want to chat with me anymore, though I don't think I can blame anyone for that other than myself. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, I don't know.

• Brohoof 1

Talking to other people is the main advantage to this site for me.  I'm admittedly not into the show as much as I was when I first started and I'm behind by quite a bit so I don't really see the point in discussing the show when I haven't caught up on it.  I don't know, I just don't find the show as interesting as it once was to me.  I've tried forcing myself to watch the show on Netflix but I grow really uninterested and just watch an episode of something else.  This show has unfortunately lost it's luster for me but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the forums and talking to other people.

I’m not that talkative in real life, unless it’s something I’m passionate about. And nobody I know is also a brony, so I can’t really discuss it with anyone I personally know. I like the forums because I get to share my genuine feelings about a series I love without feeling the anxiety that usually comes to me when talking to people. 

I guess I like the forums because it's the only place where I have true friends. I have never experienced friendship in my life, or had any other Bronies to talk to in my area. Also, I'm extremely shy, and prefer typing. it's just that I don't really trust anyone IRL, and I express myself better when typing. Everything I say to someone face to face comes out wrong. I really hate talking, but I can type. It's like my only form of communication. Simply, the forums is a great place to meet other bronies and stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that this place has something that many other places don't have which makes it special and I think that thing is not directly related to the options provided above but they do benefit from it.

What I'm talking about is some kind of sense of being able to voice yourself in a manner that enables your freedom.

What I think contributes into this feeling is the staff and the guidelines of the community as well as how they have been adapting together over the years.

Another factor has to be MLP the subject of the community and the factor that brought the community together providing a strong sense of gentleness into this site which you don't really find on many other sites.

Many forums and sites I've browsed seem pretty toxic in nature or hostile environments and people don't seem to care about that. Lot of them also plagued with memes and other cheap content that doesn't really add anything to anything which kinda destroys the feeling of a contributing community for me.

Looking at this site I think it's pretty rare to see this kind of community in this day and age which I think makes it pretty special. 

Well, I've only been here for just over a month. But the one major thing that stands out for me in regards to what I love about these forums is the people I've started to get to know and also how open people are; be it about their interests, some sort of problem they've been going through or their general quirks and differences. Usually whenever I enter a new place of some description, I can usually be a bit reserved and cautious. However, here on these forums, I have had no trouble reaching out a friendly hoof to get to know others and am happy to say that others have done the same towards me. The fact that I receivea  random "hello" or *boop* from people just makes this place even more awesome. I've even started to get to know others through the silliest of games in the Forum Games section of the forums.

Also another major positive is that I haven't driven anyone batty yet. :-P

Anyway. It is still pretty much early days for me here and there are a lot of different areas of the forum that I've yet to explore. So there is bound to be other things that I find I love about this place. But in short, it is one of the friendliest places I've come across on the internet.

As for negatives... Like I said, still early days for me. But what I will say is that I generally avoid any debate topics or areas of the forums that deal with them. But that's not really a problem. I just stay away from them. Folks get to debate and I get to remain happy. Everypony wins! :-P

Anyway!

A shout out to those who I've been getting to know over the past couple or so weeks! :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

The thing I like the most is easy – talking to everypony here! :D While I do post in threads at times and enjoy reading them even more often, most of activity is more direct conversation with users – mostly in status updates, sometimes by PM. :) The community is truly something special, I haven't found anything like it anywhere else!

As for things I don't like, I'm not interested in posting in the debate symposium. I have nothing against it existing and on a rare occasion may even read it, but debates aren't what I'm here for. I'll take ponies over politics any day! :P

• Brohoof 4

I like coming here because I get to interact with fellow fans and enables me to see them be happy what with the various events that have come about in recent months. While I don't use PMs all that often--only for trivia related reasons and rare reasons--I do prefer responding to topics that appeal to me and to those who I view as friends/colleagues. Are there aspects of the forums I don't like? Yes as nothing is truly perfect. I'm not fond of the Debate Pit--or whatever it's called now--for starters and certain thread ideas that have been implemented serve no purpose either other than causing trouble.

I like reading what other people think about the episodes, and I come here mostly to write my own opinions about the show. I also like reading discussions like these.

I chose 'other' for things I dislike because... there are none!:mlp_icwudt:

• 3 months later...

I like all my friends here, and it's just one of the coolest places on the internet especially for pony fans. ^_^

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I mostly like it for the friendly atmosphere. I usually just lurk forums if the community is toxic since I wouldn't want to actually particiapte in it.

No reason in particular, I suppose; the primary reason is largely due to the various users I have befriended. :grin: It is also a very effective time killer, in case a have a touch too much on my hands, alongside a few other Forums I frequent.

• 8 months later...

I love to talk with other bronies! I also like to just hang out of the forums and chat some, and to learn about others' opinions on certain topics, and to debate on these forums in debate symposium. There are other things I also like about these forums, but I think I've mentioned enough already. :twi:

I like the forums because I love talking to everyone here! I may have only been here for just over a month but since then I’ve met so many wonderful people that I’m so glad I made the decision to join. :Rara:

And of course, being able to ramble on about my favourite ponies is always a plus as well!