Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your reaction if Season 10 was annouced?

Dashy 4 Ever

Your reaction if Season 10 was annouced?   

53 users have voted

1. 1. Your reaction if Season 10 was annouced?

• Why? Just Why?
    • Dissapointed
    • Meh
    • Mixed Feelings
    • Oh okay, another season
    • Happy
    • Overjoyed
    • Hyped
    • No reaction

I'd be happy that it is happening, but at the same time, I've accepted if it doesn't happen.

22 minutes ago, imawesome said:

I feel like I'm in the minority when it comes to G5. I'm actually pretty exited for it, and I really don't care when G4 ends, I just want a quality sendoff. 

I don't think you are, a lot of us are excited for Gen 5. I think the people who aren't will warm up to it for the most part.

4 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

I don't think you are, a lot of us are excited for Gen 5. I think the people who aren't will warm up to it for the most part.

Hopefully, because judging by what's been said, I'm pretty hyped for it. I guess we'll only know if it's good or not when the time comes...

I have voted for the option overjoyed. I'd love to see a tenth FiM season. But I agree with some people here about the future of MLP: I'd rather see MLP:FiM ending with good quality than becoming a self-parody like The Simpsons.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Acons said:

I have voted for the option overjoyed. I'd love to see a tenth FiM season. But I agree with some people here about the future of MLP: I'd rather see MLP:FiM ending with good quality than becoming a self-parody like The Simpsons.

Can see that, but would also rather, if they aren't going to make full seasons due to lack of material, at least to see one or two "specials" each year about the size of "forgotten friendship" in the EqG spinoff.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Acons said:

I'd rather see MLP:FiM ending with good quality than becoming a self-parody like The Simpsons.

All I know is, they better not pull an Apu and get rid of Saffron Masala and Coriander Cumin because "offensive." :unamused:

I'd love to have another season! :) I found season 8 so amazing (apart from a couple of episodes) that I'd even take a slight decline in quality over no episodes at all. At the moment, I'm very skeptical about G5 matching its predecessor in quality (though I'd be happy to be proven wrong), and having it end after nine seasons would be a bit disappointing – 10 is a nice number to end on, not that I'd completely oppose the idea of there being an eleventh season... ;)

• Brohoof 4

I have mixed feelings. I'm so happy to be back to thoroughly enjoying the series, but season 8 is my least favorite. Since it is the most recent one, if season 9 and season 10 are to be more like season 8 than the other seven seasons, I'll be disappointed. But as of today at least, definitely wanting more G4 Rainbow Dash and some other characters I like to enjoy for the foreseeable future.

11 minutes ago, kazamacat said:

I have mixed feelings. I'm so happy to be back to thoroughly enjoying the series, but season 8 is my least favorite. Since it is the most recent one, if season 9 and season 10 are to be more like season 8 than the other seven seasons, I'll be disappointed. But as of today at least, definitely wanting more G4 Rainbow Dash and some other characters I like to enjoy for the foreseeable future.

Hmm. well, S7 DID raise the bar pretty high - and while the school was possibly not the best direction to take the show, the inclusion of the Young 6 does sorta justify it (then there are the CMC in sequestria and the tree's new avatar form - both great highlights - and an evil villain that isn't on the reformation list and looks like shirley temple....)

your average FiM season has highs and lows, and S8 was no exception.

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Hmm. well, S7 DID raise the bar pretty high - and while the school was possibly not the best direction to take the show, the inclusion of the Young 6 does sorta justify it (then there are the CMC in sequestria and the tree's new avatar form - both great highlights - and an evil villain that isn't on the reformation list and looks like shirley temple....)

your average FiM season has highs and lows, and S8 was no exception.

I know. I just like the highs more in other seasons and dislike the lows more in season 8. I couldn't easily rank the other seasons in terms of how much I like them except I'm pretty sure season 4 is my favorite, but I don't  hesitate to put season 8 at the bottom, not to be confused as me saying I hate it. I don't. I hate one of the episodes, but taken as a whole season, I still found things to enjoy and enough to keep me wanting to see more episodes when season 9 eventually rolls around.

Just now, kazamacat said:

I know. I just like the highs more in other seasons and dislike the lows more in season 8. I couldn't easily rank the other seasons in terms of how much I like them except I'm pretty sure season 4 is my favorite, but I don't  hesitate to put season 8 at the bottom, not to be confused as me saying I hate it. I don't. I hate one of the episodes, but taken as a whole season, I still found things to enjoy and enough to keep me wanting to see more episodes when season 9 eventually rolls around.

sure, but I think everypony has episodes across the entire run they love or hate. or bits of episodes (I am torn on Fake it as some bits are awesome, but the whole makes me cringe)

Just now, CypherHoof said:

sure, but I think everypony has episodes across the entire run they love or hate. or bits of episodes (I am torn on Fake it as some bits are awesome, but the whole makes me cringe)

No doubt; that's just how things stand for me. I mainly like the cute character acts at first in Fake It, but once Fluttershy starts taking them too far, it's...well, I don't know If I'd say I cringe, but it's definitely weird and to me, kind of bothersome that all her friends showing up made no difference until Rarity outright fired her.

14 minutes ago, kazamacat said:

No doubt; that's just how things stand for me. I mainly like the cute character acts at first in Fake It, but once Fluttershy starts taking them too far, it's...well, I don't know If I'd say I cringe, but it's definitely weird and to me, kind of bothersome that all her friends showing up made no difference until Rarity outright fired her.

I totally get the firing bit - but once the acting got out of control it was a trainwreck, and the end bit, where she is the "warrior of inner strength" is, if anything, worse than her shop ponysonas...

but fluttergoth is awesome, and I loved hipstershy before she was cool...  :)

Edited by CypherHoof

I'd be happy, but at the same time I have to agree with people here that it'd have to really be worth it at this point, since we don't really want to keep the series around only for it to degrade and become a shell of its former self. And I'm still coming to terms with the arrival of G5, but I don't think I'm quite ready for the reboot yet.

While an unlikely situation at this point, if they were to continue with a tenth season, I think it'd need to have a different focus. Mane Six-centric episodes have honestly kind of worn out their welcome- some of the morals and plots lately seem to be rehashes of older ones, though obviously with a few changes. The friendship school, while I feel it could've been executed better throughout Season 8, seems to be at least a step in the right direction. Plus they have a lot of characters from past seasons they could revisit, especially those from seasons 5 and 6.

• Brohoof 2

I would be happy. MLP:FiM is one of my favorite television shows and I want it to run for as long as it can (without getting the Family Guy treatment).

• Brohoof 1

I would love it. Season 8 was good to me... especially towards the end. It's better than season 1,3, and possibly 6... maybe. Cozy Glow is a remarkable villain. It doesn't look like the quality is dwindling at all... so I hope the show go as long as possible.  I am interested in G5 but... it has a lot to live up to. I know G4 is dope so... keep the train going I say.