Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rank the Mane 6 from how much attention they get in the show and fandom.

imawesome

Pretty self explanatory, rank the Mane Six separately for how much attention the get from the show (i.e. biggest role in the series, movie, EQG, and any other canon content) and how much attention they get from the fandom (i.e. "best pony", fan projects, etc.)

Here's mine, from most attention to least:

Show

1.) Twilight Sparkle.

Even if FiM doesn't really have a main character, since the episodes arguably focus on a wide range of characters, if you were asked who the main character was, you'd probably say Twilight Sparkle. This is evident across the series, comics and books. (Yes, I'm including those). She takes on the leader role, and has been one of the primary focuses  in the first EQG movie, the MLP Movie, Twilight's Kingdom, Princess Twilight Sparkle, The Return of Harmony, A Canterlot Wedding, The Crystal Empire, The Cutie Re-Mark, Shadow Play, School Daze, several of the IDW comic lines, and numerous stand alone FiM episodes. To say she isn't the most focused on in canon content would be weird, but I'd hear you out. 

2.) Pinkie Pie. 

Is it just me, or is Pinkie taking on much more than a comic relief role now? Sure, she fell short in Season 8, but she had a lot of focus in Season 7, so I think that was necessary. Not only that, but just look at her role in the MLP Movie. A stronger role for Pinkie is definitely developing. 

3.) Rainbow Dash. 

Not only did Rainbow garner a lot of attention in Season 8, but she's always been crucial to the show, ever since her Sonic Rainboom. The show, although sometimes showing her ego to the extreme, clearly shows respect towards her, considering everything she's done that is of importance. 

4.) Rarity. 

Ah, here we are at the bottom three. Rarity is a character that sometimes gets a lot of attention, sometimes falls short, and sometimes just fills Pinkie's roll as the comedic support, as seen in the MLP Movie. With Rarity being such a mixed bag, it easily landed her here, as she isn't as brushed aside as the bottom two. 

5.) Applejack. 

One year ago, Applejack would've ranked at the bottom of my list, however EQG changed my perspective on that. Not only was Applejack prominent in "RoF" but she also was giving a good load of attention in "LoE", as well as having two solos in the shorts. This wasn't all that landed her here, as she is steadily progressing in the show, too, but the roots of her character land her here. 

6.) Fluttershy. 

Unlike Applejack, Flutters is steadily regressing in the attention the show, as well as EQG, is giving her. What is to blame for this? I'd say that it was Flutters arc to make her more sure of herself. Now, I guess the show doesn't see much to do with her, as she is melting into another Applejack. Now, her former shell of personality is only played for laughs. 

Fandom

I'm not explaining this one, as it's pretty self explanatory if you've hung around this fandom for even a week, and I believe the show's attention rankings were more important. 

1.) Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy.

2.) Pinkie Pie.

3.) Rarity. 

4.) Twilight Sparkle.

5.) Applejack. 

Edited by imawesome

• 1 year later...

Yeah, those rankings make sense. Here are mine:

Show:

1. Twilight Sparkle 
  2. Rainbow Dash 
  3. Pinkie Pie 
  4. Rarity 
  5. Fluttershy 
  6. Applejack 

Fandom:

1. Rainbow Dash
  2. Fluttershy 
  3. Twilight Sparkle 
  4. Pinkie Pie
  5. Rarity
  6. Applejack

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I have not the slightest idea, so I'm just guessing. Especially when it comes to the fandom. :rarity:

Show: 1. Twilight Sparkle | 2. Applejack | 3: Rainbow Dash | 4: Pinkie Pie | 5: Rarity | 6: Fluttershy

Fandom: 1. Rainbow Dash | 2. Fluttershy | 3. Twilight Sparkle | 4. Pinkie Pie | 5: Rarity | 6: Applejack

So when it comes to the latter, I actually completely agree with the pony above me. :)

• Brohoof 1

Show:

1. Twilight Sparkle
  2. Rainbow Dash
  3. Rarity
  4. Pinkie Pie
  5. Fluttershy
  6. Applejack

Fandom:

1. Twilight Sparkle
  2. Rainbow Dash
  3. Fluttershy
  4. Rarity
  5. Pinkie Pie
  6. Applejack

• 1 year later...

Show

1: Twilight Sparkle - She's the main character, so duh

2: Rainbow Dash - She has so much going for her in the show. She got the Wonderbolts, 2 entire fanclubs, her EQG self is the one to go to Equestria, and is literally the one who got everypony their cutie mark

3: Pinkie Pie - I gotta agree with the Comedic Role thing (even though she's not funny)

4: Rarity - She has stuff going for her, but not a lot. She can fill the Comedic Role (much better than Pinkie)

5: Applejack - I dunno. All she really has going for her is the whole cousin thing and her family

6: Fluttershy - I swear, Hasbro hates Fluttershy. She doesn't get to do anything in the Movie, she has the least episodes

Fandom

1: Rainbow Dash - Severely undeserved

2: Twilight Sparkle - I guess it's deserved since she's the main character. But I don't think she deserved to be the main character in the first place

3: Fluttershy - She's Fluttershy

4: Pinkie Pie

5: Applejack

6: Rarity