Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hippogriffs and their History

BlinkZ

So did some overthinking, as any Brony would, and got a little annoyed at Hippogriffs. They're not a bad race it just that their entire history is "We fled from storm king, now we saved from storm king." That's all we ever hear about. Even during the Hearts Warming episode. It's like that one event erased entire culture. Either that or the writers don't care enough to fill in important details. 

Judging by the fact Silverstream grew up underwater that at least 15is years that they were lost under water...and Celestia didn't bother to check up on her allies? Didn't bother to do anything about a Warlord ravaging Neighboring nations? She just sat on her plump butt eating cake the entire time? I know i'm over thinking but gah.

Anyway, your thoughts?

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to my world.

... This is the point where you guys start pitching fanon. Come on. I can't be the only one with dank explanations and an unquenchable thirst to stick it to the mare. That came out wrong but you know what I mean.

• Brohoof 1

I’d see the hippogriffs as having possibly the most potentially interesting story. You know, hippogriffs are hybrids of griffons and horses in Greek mythology. We already got griffons, so I’d imagine their origins being a strayed group of pegasi and griffons in MT Aeris, fighting for who should colonize the moipuntain. They weren’t getting along as usual, but there was a Romeo and Juliet plot. They had a child, the first hippogriff, and after a struggle between both species, someone said: “ENOUGH”, and declared that neither pegasi nor griffin deserved to live in the mountain. If they aren’t willing to get along as two like the couple, then they will do so as one single species. After watching said child, they decided that whoever is tired of the petty fighting and decides to stay will do so as hippogriffs, and the rest would be exiled

• Brohoof 1

@BlinkZMLP, unfortunately, does a lot of that. You can find examples all over. Things come out of nowhere and vanish back into nowhere because the cartoon is worried with another story its writers want to tell. I also don't think that you're overthinking. You're just thinking about it for a while. In any other story, it would be considered bad writing.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’d see the hippogriffs as having possibly the most potentially interesting story. You know, hippogriffs are hybrids of griffons and horses in Greek mythology. We already got griffons, so I’d imagine their origins being a strayed group of pegasi and griffons in MT Aeris, fighting for who should colonize the moipuntain. They weren’t getting along as usual, but there was a Romeo and Juliet plot. They had a child, the first hippogriff, and after a struggle between both species, someone said: “ENOUGH”, and declared that neither pegasi nor griffin deserved to live in the mountain. If they aren’t willing to get along as two like the couple, then they will do so as one single species. After watching said child, they decided that whoever is tired of the petty fighting and decides to stay will do so as hippogriffs, and the rest would be exiled

I liek that train of thought, then there that magic pealr to consider. Where did they get it? What wa Queen Novo like before the under water thing? So many open ideas. I"m sure there are Fanfics out there that people have made on jFimficiton, i just haven't looked them up.The sky the limit with them