Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The S9 MUST be focused on the Mane 6

DarkPit91

Good evening bronies. I wanted to share a thought with you about the last of MLP. If it's true that the S9 will be the final season for the series, I personally believe that focus on the Mane 6 is VERY due here. Indipendetely by what the general opinion is, a series finale is a series finale, and as such it must keep its focus on its main characters. I think other things like Starlight and the School will be putted in second plan as such, but I personally think it's gonna be for the best. I think they could have a role similar to the one in the Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door's final battle (who played the game knows what I'm talking about) that would be really neat, but I don't think they will go over that. 

But... this is not the only thing I wanted to talk about. I've seen a general negative feeling over the Mane 6 in the past years, more precisely after the S6. The general consensous of that season is that it's the weakest the show has ever pulled out because how the Mane 6 were handeld in it (save in exceptions like The Saddle Row Review, Stranger than FF and Top Bolt) and a quite mishandeld story arc for Starlight Glimmer (and I can't disagree about that, it WAS quite underwhelming, ESPECIALLY the finale, which I think it's the main responsable of the current generally negative feeling over the Mane 6). But as much weak that season was, I couldn't immagine that a bad apple would have had such a negative impact over the fandom and the general reception of the Mane 6. Even their Fan Favorite episodes from the first five seasons, don't get anymore appreciation as they used to do, and as someone who is very attached to them, I find all of this really depressing...

My biggest concern about the S9 and most importantly, the series finale, is that fans are gonna pan it just for focusing on the Mane 6 like it should be supposed to do, and honestly, it would be very heartbreaking to see. What I'm trying to say is: be fair over the series finale when it airs this year. If necessary go back to the first five seasons and rewatch their past episodes in order to remember why you used to love them in the first place and prepare yourself psychologically for the final season (to be fair The Saddle Row Review, most of the S7 and Best Gift Ever would be good choices as well, but I think older eps would be more effective considering how the situation is). Don't pan the series finale for doing what is supposed to do. Please. 

I do agree that the Mane 6 needs a good level of focus in Season 9. But, so do the other characters. If Season 9 is indeed the final season, finding the perfect amount of focus for both will prove tricky. Whenever it ends, I'm sure it will go out in a bang. 

Edited by Cash In

• The topic was locked