Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Any Serious/Die-Hard Toy and Action Figure Collectors Here?

Octavia_Melody2

I don't know if there's a thread for this or not but I'm wondering if there's anyone else who's big into toy collecting as a hobby. I used to fancy myself a big time 1/6 (GI Joe size) figure collector until the market got too expensive. I have a pretty extensive collection of GI Joe size figures (although now they're all sitting in boxes) from various companies like Sideshow, Hasbro, Dragon etc. I've also got a pretty decent collection of those fancy MLP "fan series" sculptures like Discord and Chrysalis (as well as a few decent plushies).

Anyone else here a toy collector?

Maybe not die hard, but I casually collect figurines of characters and a lot of Pokemon dolls in my spare time. One day I wish I collect enough figurines that it fills up an entire display cabinet :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

No, I wouldn't call myself a die-hard collector, but if I see something I like, I'll get it.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

Been really into collecting Transformers, Gundam and Power Rangers. I'm especially fond of the Masterpiece line, even though it's expensive as hell, so far I have Sideswipe, Grimlock, Soundwave(my fav), Ramjet, Movie Prime, Bumblebee Movie Bee and Movie Barricade. I'm also interested in the 3rd party stuff as well, including Oversized versions and characters that don't have figures like Mirage

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

I mostly have anime figures, I have my eyes on some of the figures from the Kinnikuman series currently.  My favourite one(of the figures that I have) is Alex Armstrong, he's shirtless and flexing(as usual) from Fullmetal Alchemist.  I was thinking of getting rid of some of them though...  I found most of them by luck at a thrift store one day, it was like someone got rid of their collection.

• Brohoof 1

I would want to... but not enough money to constantly spent $30-500+ on figurines. But I do collect them if  they're in the right price.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, yeah, I'm a huge collector. I have a Star Wars collection that's been taking over my living space for years (1,014 action figures to date, and literally thousands of other items). I've been collecting since I was very little (that's when my dad got me started) and I've been going strong ever since. I don't collect much of the new stuff these days because I'm not a fan of the Disney Star Wars stuff and they're way too expensive for what they are. But wave a vintage toy under my nose and I'll literally start to drool. No kidding, I have no self-control! 

• Brohoof 1

I have a fair few.  I'm not a completist collector though, due to money and space considerations I tend only to get figures of characters that I particularly like.

I have around sixty of Hasbro's Black Series Star Wars figures, focusing entirely on Galactic Empire, Clones and First Order so lots of Stormtroopers of every generation, a few Imperial officers and the odd Sith Lord.

I also have a few of the MLP Fan Series figures, and a whole bunch of the (larger) Funko vinyl figures.  On top of this there is a few assorted NECA figures, largely from their Alien line but with a couple of Terminators and other random characters I like thrown in, and small handful of Figma pieces (not many of them as they all have to be imported from Japan and tend to be rather expensive).

I also have a small army of Playmobil Romans (I guess they probably count), and despite resisting for a long time I now have altogether too many of those little Funko Pop figures.  My failure point was when I saw one of Locutus of Borg that I just had to get.

My collection as a whole is pretty chaotic just now, it started off an a centralised 'altar of geekdom' but has now encroached into pretty much every available space, I'm looking forward to getting somewhere with more room so that I can think about displaying things properly.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, TBD said:

I would want to... but not enough money to constantly spent $30-500+ on figurines. But I do collect them if  they're in the right price.

I don't have alot of money right now either so I've had to cut back. I'm even thinking about selling some of my stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if I had like a million bucks, and a big-*ss apartment, I'd definitely hunt and buy more toys, figures, plastic model kits, etc. to display them. :mlp_yeehaa:

Here are some toys/figs that I have here:

0-E8946-C7-3-EE4-4-BD3-87-EB-6-A11-E7-BA

image.jpg

49-F77089-DF45-4-E2-B-9-A47-DA110874-E2-

316-F9-A98-3-D05-4012-AD8-F-C1-B35974-B0

Still haven't opened them, though. Guess I like them sealed and stuff. But who knows? Maybe I might open them if I'm in the mood for it. :3

Edited by Desperado-04
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

I don't have alot of money right now either so I've had to cut back. I'm even thinking about selling some of my stuff.

and getting something better . :darling:

• Brohoof 1