Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Aliens and Predators

Dashy 4 Ever

(edited)

I like the Alien Movies, I think the Aliens look really cool and i really enjoyed the Movies " Aliens " and " Alien 4 - the Resurrection ". Alien 1 and 3 were also good, but i didnt liked them as much. I also really love the first Alien vs Predator Movie, but dislike the second one.

The Alien prequel Movies are kinda...well, in the Movie Promotheus the Aliens didnt really appear all that much and even in Alien Covenant, it seemed like the story would focus more on the robots instead of the Aliens. The prequel Movies just feel off to me. And after hearing that the possible sequels for that will also focus more on the robots, im not very interested in seeing them at all.

From the Predator Series, i only watched the first Movie and i thought it was boring.

Edited by Nanotek
  • Brohoof 1

The yautja are my favourite alien species!!!  Though I find them more enjoyable in the books than the movies since the books focus more on the culture not just action.  If you enjoy the predator vs. aliens movies, or just the predator series, I highly recommend reading the noguchi series of books, they're very good(if you haven't read them already that is)!!!

While I did like the first AvP movie as a kid, in hind sight I think it took away the allure of both franchises. Murderous Xenomorphs were turned into big game and the cunning predators got nerfed. Neither side looked good in the end. 

Alien revolutionized, if not kick started Sci-Fi horror. And Aliens is one of the few examples of a sequel bettering the original by taking a horror film and essentially turning it into a war movie. Books and comics only furthered all the horror the species encapsulated. Also props to H.R. Geiger for his artistic vision. Though I'm not a fan of where the series headed with Alien 3 and onwards. 

You can say the same with Predator. Emblematic of 80s action with a sci-fi twist complete with an iconic monster to boot. Predator II may not have been up to par but it was still a commendable sequel. Again, good use of comics, books and the one video game to further their universe. But like Alien, third movie on has not done the franchise justice. 

In short: first two movies for each are the best. Side material is good too. They shouldn't have met though and things have only gotten worse since. 

• Brohoof 1

I love the first two Alien movies (Aliens is one of my all-time faves), and I liked the first Predator. But I never cared for blending the two series together. It seems forced and I didn't like what they did with them. I have an open mind though; if they were to make something that looked good I'd be first in line to see it. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alien: I really liked the first classic one with all the blood and suspense and everything so it wasn't too bad.

Aliens: This movie wasn't too bad either and the story was lretty good as well and I actually enjoyed it.

Alien 3: While the gore and horror in the movie looked great, I still didn't really like it that much with all those bald people I guess. Plus Ripley being bald just freaked me out.

Alien Resurrection: Now this movie was bloody good with all the intesne gore in it. I really enjoyed it a lot.

Prometheus: To he honest, the movie could've been better even though there were some pretty good scenes. (Which still could've been a little better)

Alien Covenant: It was pretty interesting most of the time, but Ridley Scott could've done better in my opinion.

AvP: I just loved this movie. I was just hooked to it the entire time. 

AvP Requiem: While the gore and violence was good (The bellyburster was too much though) The story and setting should've been better.

Predator: The classic one. I lived every second of it with Arnold Swartchnegger.

Predator 2: The movie was okay. Sure, it could've been better with all those gangsters and everything, but it wasn't that bad.

Predators: One of my favorite Predator movies. Plenty of Predator action and suspense.

The Predator: While most people hated it, I actually enjoyed it, especially with that ultimate predator. (Thought the jokes were just cringey)

Edited by Sondash Studios
  • Brohoof 1