AlicornSpell

Animation Was Zatch Bell a pretty forgettable anime?

Zatch Bell doesn't get mentioned much, and not many people actually seem to remember it.

I personally never cared for Zatch Bell. The reason is because of how over the top it is, and the main character (Zatch) is pretty annoying, and there's also a lot of annoying characters in it too. Also the anime just has too much humor in it, since the humor ruins many moments that are supposed to be serious. 

I haven’t heard a thing about this anime since it was first aired in the United States. I’m sure that it has its following but I would say it’s fairly forgotten.

Zatch Bell and Zoids was my thing when they aired. Got so into them, i watched the original dubs when pirates learned how to translate manga. I dont think Zatch Bell ever got an ending in America. Not sure about the actual manga though, cause i fell out of it when i found other anime.

Badges

Zatch Bell was a pretty creative anime for what it was imo. It got bogged down by the usual shonen issues of being too long for its own good though. Zatch and Kyo were really cool together in spite of Zatch's...weirdness. Megumi and Tia (I think that was their names) didn't show up as much as I'd like though. They were a perfect match for Kyo and Zatch both combat-wise and romantically.

Now that I think about it I never did finish the series. I guess I know what I'm watching soon.

2 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Zatch Bell and Zoids was my thing when they aired. Got so into them, i watched the original dubs when pirates learned how to translate manga. I dont think Zatch Bell ever got an ending in America. Not sure about the actual manga though, cause i fell out of it when i found other anime.

The anime never got a ending in Japan too. The anime got cancelled before they could finish it. Only the manga got the ending. 

2 hours ago, Discordian said:

Zatch Bell was a pretty creative anime for what it was imo. It got bogged down by the usual shonen issues of being too long for its own good though. Zatch and Kyo were really cool together in spite of Zatch's...weirdness. Megumi and Tia (I think that was their names) didn't show up as much as I'd like though. They were a perfect match for Kyo and Zatch both combat-wise and romantically.

Now that I think about it I never did finish the series. I guess I know what I'm watching soon.

I wouldn't say that Zatch and Tia were a perfect match for each other (romantically). Their personalities are pretty different from each other. And so if Zatch and Tia ever got married as adults, their relationship would probably be similar to Goku and Chi-Chi's relationship (which was terrible) from Dragon Ball Z. Also just remember that Tia always got mad at Zatch and abused him by strangling him for very little reasons. 

3 hours ago, Discordian said:

I agree that the premise of the show was pretty creative, but it ended up getting executed really bad in a lot places. If the manga and anime were executed a lot better than it was, then I think the manga and anime would've been as popular and successful as mangas and animes like Dragon Ball Z, Pokémon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruro, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inyurasha were.   

Edited by AlicornSpell

Zatch Bell is one of the good old anime that deserve recognitions for being original. And it's still one of my favorite anime.