Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general If your parents join the internet, what do you think they will do?

kinda deleted

My parents would probably do the same thing that i do; look at it all in a bewildered sort of way, decide it's not worth the time and confusion, and leave. I make a concession with the forums here, but my parents aren't Bronies so I don't think they'd be signing up any time soon. More likely they'd be signing off the internet altogether, which is mostly what they do as it is.

My parents already use the Internet, though they limit themselves to a select few websites - primarily social media. I have no idea what they get up to on those websites, as they don't appeal to me.

My dad used to squint at the screen a lot when he used the internet. He used to randomly call out to me if he needed help with anything. :mlp_laugh:

As for my mum, she used the internet quite a lot for different things. She would do the grocery shopping online, handle bills and her bank account. She used to also use ebay to sell all the dolls clothes she knitted. She also occasionally used Facebook to keep in touch with different people she knew from all over. Relatives in Australia, that sort of thing. She was completely lost with the more, shall we say cultural side of the internet. She would ask the occasional question like: "What does 'lol' mean?"

I frequently play World of Warcraft with both my parents, in fact, they're the ones who got me into the game. When they're not gaming, my father is trolling random people in our Warcraft group on Facebook. While my stepmother... well I dunno actually what she does in her spare time aside from Facebook and WoW. :mlp_huh:

When I used to talk to my mom, she used to play a lot of Farmville...  I think my male parent isn't interested on having an online presence, my aunt only told me to call/text him if I wanted to contact him.

• 2 months later...

Both my parents use the internet a lot, though I'd say all three of us are in fairly different circles. ^_^ I'm into mostly fandom and cartoon stuff, my Dad is into more political stuff, and my Mom is mostly into books.

• 8 months later...

My mom plays World of Warcraft. Badly. I love her deeply, and if she ever finds this post she'll be so very hurt, but uh, this ain't it. She's a druid healer, and the term carried by gear applies. My dad plays a lot of Left 4 Dead, but I'm not sure about his actual skill at it. He's my Steam friend, though.