Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What are your thoughts on the Metal Gear series?

Mach33

I never liked them. I played the NES version using a walk through and I don't even think I beat it. I played Solid 1 and 2 and I thought all the twists were stupid. It got to the point where I didn't care what the next revelation was because I knew something else equally dumb would happen. 

One funny thing I remember from Solid 1 was using the box to hide from guards. I had to get on an elevator but I had to keep hiding in the box because a guard kept passing by. Just imagine what the guard saw. First he sees a box in the hall. Then he comes back a minute later and the box has moved to in front of the elevator. He comes back again and the box is gone. Like, did that box get on the elevator? 

• Brohoof 1

@Silent

Because this thread is discussing a video game series, I will be moving it to Media Discussion. I have also altered the title to give it more proper context.

It's one of my favorite gaming series, but given the last couple of years, I'm really worried for the future of the series as it looks bleak. I'd love a sequel to Revengeance

• Brohoof 2

Stealth games where the game forces you to sneak up on people to take them out are not really my thing. But I do enjoy it when the players play the game creatively.

One of my favorite game series ever. I've played all of the Solid games except for 5 and I've also played the NES version of Metal Gear and Peace Walker. People typically don't get into the games because of what they don't understand about them. They're about thinking outside of the box (no pun intended), both story-wise and gameplay-wise. Only if you're willing to think deeply about strategy, the game's world, and how everything ties in to the real world can you truly appreciate what they're trying to do. 

• Brohoof 3