Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of movie would we have gotten if Faust had stayed?

ManaMinori

I was watching the 2017 Brony Thank You Fund Interview and saw that Lauren Faust was still bitter about how Hasbro treated her and making her leave around season 3, so she wasn't thrilled about the MLP movie because she didn't get to work on it. What kind of MLP movie do you guys think Faust would've brought to the table, if she had been the one to work on it?

Well maybe we would not have any of this for a change

360x480bb.jpg

I swear guys if you two royal .... would not help Twilight there is going to be an edgy unicorn who is going to kick your butts

Hasbro didn't force Faust to leave, hun.

She left because she was not happy that Hasbro got to maintain creative control over their brand. She didn't like them expanding their brand to other lines such as EQG and she left. There was no mistreatment at all, it was merely a creative difference that caused the split. Hasbro clearly still wishes her well and accredits her in every episode even though they are under no legal obligation to do so.

35 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Hasbro didn't force Faust to leave, hun.

She left because she was not happy that Hasbro got to maintain creative control over their brand. She didn't like them expanding their brand to other lines such as EQG and she left. There was no mistreatment at all, it was merely a creative difference that caused the split. Hasbro clearly still wishes her well and accredits her in every episode even though they are under no legal obligation to do so.

I didn't say that they forced her to leave. But they made her leave by not respecting her and allowing her creativity, rather than pushing their marketing. Regardless, that topic has been discussed to death already, and it not the focus of this thread. So maybe reel it back and focus on the question I posed in the op? Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Lauren Faust left of her own volition due to creative differences, the usual reasoning for such things occurring with regards to cartoons. Had she stayed on and continued working on the show, a lot of the concepts introduced in later seasons might not have happened or they would have but not in the manner with which we've come to see them as. In that sense, her leaving proved to be beneficial to generation four as a whole. The opposite is also true. If she were still on board, her ideas would've been realized and those would prove beneficial and we'd be talking about them instead of what is.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, there would have been no "grand theft twilight" for a start.....

And no edgy unicorn either. 

14 hours ago, TBD said:

And no edgy unicorn either. 

Not sure about that. I am sure Faust would have been happy enough with that part of the plotline - a unicorn, disabled due to a childhood accident, who really just needs acceptance not a "fix"?