Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria's water supply has been contaminated by the stream of silence. What do you do?

KillerKingBakudan

You begin to notice ponies at the Ponyville Spa leaving emotionless and unable to talk. The only ones who could speak claim they were just there for a massage and never entered the jacuzzi or the sauna. More ponies are leaving restaurants afflicted with the same issue; it's inevitable that whatever they ate or drank had water as a vital ingredient. And more ponies are leaving sporting events in the same state, unable to perform after drinking a single bottle of water to cool off.

Because of this, the few remaining ponies that can still talk are afraid to bathe or eat anything other than hay and grass.

There have also been recent reports from the Peaks of Peril that the Stream of Silence spontaneously disappeared over night. Clearly, someone had to have taken that water and dumped it all into Equestria's dam. Worst of all, there isn't a single trace of foal's breath left to restore all the silent ponies' speech and emotions.

But that's not all. There are still jugs of pure water available, except you can only find them at Celestia's castle. And due to "high demand", ponies won't be able to buy a single jug without selling their houses first.

What do you do?

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

Assuming said magic water won't be extremely diluted by being mixed with regualr water supplies so much. probably could easly use magic to mae collar so you can talk. or peopel learn to talk in code.

Desalinate water from the sea as an extra step to the material gathering process for weather factories if that's not already done along the coasts. You could even just go collect snow and ice from glacial areas. This is a ground water issue, not that complicated.

On 1/17/2019 at 7:48 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

Biohazards, maybe. Magic hazards? No.

Dunno. An assumption has to be made that vaporization would cleanse the water. Were this not the case, water evaporating and then falling as rain again would all be contaminated, and all of Equestria would have gone silent long ago. Therefore, simple evaporation-based water purification should work.

And if not, start collecting rain barrels and summon a hurricane.

I'd put on a black n' white striped shirt,  a beret, and a white makeup on. 

Time to start a new career. 

On 1/17/2019 at 9:01 AM, Crow2 said:

Just chill I guess, I'd look forward to all the silence 

I'd just like to add that as an added bonus, Pinkie Pie for once would shut up for a good while. 

• 1 year later...