Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Perhaps my only convention

Abstract

So, since the fandom is winding down and conventions are becoming less common, I decided I was going to go to at least one while I still had the chance - I've always wanted to see Seattle, and so I'm turning it into my first vacation in 4 years and figured why not this convention? I'll be flying up there all the way from San Antonio, Texas and bringing a non-brony friend along with me whom I won't torture by dragging him to the convention with me (most likely ;)). I've never been to an MLP convention before, or actually ANY convention ever, so I'm really not sure to expect - beyond merch booths and a few planned activities by the committee running it, what all is going on at these places? I only bought a one-day pass, because as much as I enjoy ponies, there are few events I've seen on the official schedule that I would actually be interested in participating. Veterans of Everfree, can you perhaps provide a little insight into the must-see/do things at this convention?

I am in the same boat sort of! I've been in this fandom for close to ten years and I've never gone to one and I'll be going to my first this year (BronyCon 2019). All I can say though from people I've asked is: spend as much time as you can seeing as much as you can. Explore every artist's booth, talk to every panel member you can, etc.

This will be my fourth EFNW and I'm bringing four of my friends. Some are bronies and some aren't but all have watched the show.  We all are into comic books, D&D, and basic geek culture.I figured I would invite them along. None of them have ever been to any kind of convention and they all jumped at the opportunity to go.  They too have questions about what goes on at pony convention.

Before the con: The full schedule of events and panels should be posted on everfreenw homepage in the middle of April, about a month before the con. It will list all the panels and autograph sessions for each day. You can even build a customized schedule on the page to see what things you are interested in ahead of time.

At the con: When you pick up your badge at the registration table, you will get a con book. This book is your friend. It is your guide. DON'T LOSE IT. It includes schedules, descriptions, and maps. EFNW takes place on the first two floors of the Doubletree Hotel. There are three different sets of stairs and a bank of elevators to access the second floor at varies points. Signs by the doors indicate the room's name and list that day's events.

Rooms: Mane Stage - Most of the VIP panels, Ponystock on Friday evening, Grand Galloping Gala on Saturday evening, opening and closing ceremonies.   Electronic gaming room (24 hours a day).   Tabletop gaming room (24 hours a day).   MLP:CCG gaming room.   Autograph room.   Foal's room.   Art & crafts room.   Cosplay repair room.   Two escape rooms.   Silent auction room.  Twilight's writing room.   Celestia, Luna and Cadance rooms for smaller panels.   and of course the Vendor Hall.

Edited by azbat