Rate the short  

6 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• Hated it
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Liked it
    • Loved it

New short released for EQG season guys! Applejack building for Rarity!

• Brohoof 1

DIY with Applejack was great with AJ being such a perfectionist, Opal was funny and at this point there's not a second lost when Rarity interacts with AJ.

At the end of the short I legitimately wanted a bit more, a minute? two minutes? five more minutes? I don't know, I'm incredibly biased towards my two favorite characters in MLP. :mlp_icwudt: :darling:

I was amused by Opals reaction to the practical brown paint and rather surprised that even with Applejack's perfectionism Rarity passed out when it got to actually selecting samples and fashion design choices rather than the DIY part. Poor tree's though an entire one cut down because Applejack lost count.

• Brohoof 1

This was a really good short.  I really enjoyed how needlessly thorough Applejack was being, especially when she lost count and said that she needed to cut down a new tree, that was really funny.

Overall, the second season is off to a pretty good start if you ask me.

Edited by cmarston1

*Spoilers*

Spoiler

My favorite part of the short was how the person watching the video kept skipping parts of the tutorial. ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Notice the trend this short had and the previous one had as well? I'm expecting said trend to carry on in the next short, and perhaps, at least four more times after that. Check that... five more times.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

Notice the trend this short had and the previous one had as well? I'm expecting said trend to carry on in the next short, and perhaps, at least four more times after that. Check that... five more times.

I do know.....

Spoiler

There will be one with Sunny having her ass kicked by FLUTTERSHY at video games :catface:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I missed a lot of the little visual gags the first time around, especially the flubs. It's a little hard for me to notice stuff like comedic timing in a short like this - Rarity yawning after Applejack mentions  62 samples is particularly great - because I get distracted by Rarity's dismissive attitude... was it really so boring that it literally put her to sleep? Surely she could stay awake for a friend. This was funny, regardless. 

• 2 months later...

Not since 'Look Before You Sleep' have I gotten to see such a fun and heartwarming moment with Rarity and Applejack. As always, the dynamic of their characters together offered generous reserves of hilarity and honestly touching symbolism of friendship.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

This was a pretty amusing short. Granted I had to re-watch it a few times to fully appreciate it, though I enjoyed the banter between Rarity and Applejack, as well as the small gags throughout. I know it's only a short and was for comedic effect, but I really would've like to see the parts the viewer skimmed over - all 73 of them :P.

• 2 months later...

This is one of the exceptions I was talking about in "Re-boxing w/Spike", it was hilarious and even though it lost it's spot as best Season 2 EQG short to "Run To Break Free", it's still, oh shoot, I lost count of the strokes of the buffer while I was typing this out.  Well, I gotta go cut down a new tree.  :-D