Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Building Scale Models

PoisonClaw

Whether it be cars, trains, planes, rockets or robots, building scale models can be a fun, artist and rewarding hobby.  What are some of your favorite models? Do you paint them or just straight build them out of the box? Are you an experienced builder or are you just starting out? Feel free to drop in and talk about your hobby!

• Brohoof 2

Most of my experience has been with Gundam, I mainly do High Grade, though I've done some Master Grades as well. I'm afraid to paint them in the event that I mess up, not to mention, at least in terms of the models I have made, I think they look fine without it.

Of all the models I've made, they'd have to be the MG Burning Gundam and the OG Power Rangers Megazord

@This Whomps My first MG was the Buster Gundam from SEED, my second will be the UC Jesta (once it arrives...) and I'd like to preorder the MG AGE 2 Magnum at some point. Other than that I've built two Real Grades and a ton of High Grades and SDs.

I also haven't painted any of my kits, though I do try to sand down the nub marks so it looks nicer and the pieces pit together easier. One of my favorite models, as well as one of my favorite Mobile Suits, is still the GN-X from 00.

I'm not a huge model builder but I have tried my hand at a few. When I was growing up I made some Star Wars models. The first attempts were pretty bad but I soon got into painting them with a greater awareness of flat paint versus gloss, decals versus my own detailing and adding aging accents and customization. The last model I started was a Disney Moonliner rocket, which I partially assembled and filed/sanded, but I haven't painted it yet. It's been sitting in its box for a year now uncompleted. I have to get back to it sometime. 

• 2 months later...

I've never really been into this sort of thing, but my brother is. I wouldn't be surprised if he became an architect or something like that.