Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In your opinion, what was the worst episode of MLP?

PaulBron

Its not necessary to be WORST, but Bored, or disinteresting episode that you have watch, it can be more than one too.

For me the most bored episode was S08E24 "Father Knows Beast" The reason is Obvious, very random the way that the "father" of spike appears in the episode, and the way he's gone too.

Edited by PaulBron
  • Brohoof 3

Worst episodes without any difference between each other:

• The Break Up Break Down

• The Hearth's Warming Club

• What Lies Beneath

• Road to Friendship

• Yakity Sax

• The Maud Couple

• Brohoof 1

I think ''Father knows Beast'' was the worst episode too! They should've either made a good episode about Spike's real father or just a completely different episode. I just don't see the point of his fake father appearing and then disappearing again like ''thanks for letting me stay in the castle cya''.:eww:

Edited by Mellow Mane
grammar :/
  • Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Mellow Mane said:

I think ''Father knows Beast'' was the worst episode too! They should've either made a good episode about Spike's real father or just a completely different episode. I just don't see the point of his fake father appearing and then disappearing again like ''thanks for staying in the castle cya''.:eww:

Yeah, that could've been a great episode, but instead we got a one-dimensional story about a jerkass grease burger that barely affected Twilight & co in the long run.

• Brohoof 2

One Bad Apple.

1. Every Apple other than AB is very incompetent. AB was forced to sleep on the floor in plain sight, yet no one suspected anything nor acted on it because they feared to "single out" Babs, who had bully troubles back home.
  2. Babs's bully troubles occur off-screen, and from how the episode explains her situation, it implicates excusing her vile behavior.
  3. "Defending against against a bully makes you the bully."
  4. Pinkie's a one-dimensional random-act "comedy" show.
  5. AJ states that the bullying problem would've end when they tell her. How bullying's resolved does not always work that way. There are several ways of bullying, and sometimes the adult might not only care less about it, but exacerbate it, too. There's no one true solution, and the fact that OBA states there is is dangerous.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 8

I mostly hate Fluttershy episodes. Dragonshy, A Health of Information, It ain't easy being Breezies, Putting Your Hoof Down, Fluttershy Leans In...

Firstly, I don't like the patronising depiction of animals in MLP, and the way that Flutters babies them makes me want to puke. Wild animals are not helpless babies.

Secondly, Fluttershy is grating and annoying. When she is being all shy she's excruciating and I haven't the patience for her. And when she's being "assertive" she comes across as vicious and b*tchy. Being confident and being a bossy control freak are not the same thing. I'm not just talking about Iron Will (who seriously needs to die painfully, by the way.) She could be more assertive by being chill and relaxed. That's real confident behaviour. She can be charming at times, I'm not totally condemning her as a character, but in general she is just not for me.

• Brohoof 1

The DEFINITIVE worst in my opinion is easily Fake It 'Til You Make It... 

• They somehow made Flutters even MORE out of character than she was in Return of Harmony. It obviously didn't work here either, unlike in RoH where it's executed nicely and actually FITS.
  • Rarity managed to make the EXACT SAME BLATANTLY OBVIOUS MISTAKE she did in Honest Apple! Next time, ask the RIGHT people to help you with your fashion business...

Second and third would go to Hard to Say Anything and Magical Mystery Cure.

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 2

P.P.O.V. was the least enjoyable episode for me and I'm not surprised by that. I tend to dislike episodes that involve a lot of flashbacks and recollections of events.

• Brohoof 1

Bleh, I usually hate topics like this because I feel we focus on negativity more than we should but I'd say an episode that I wouldn't say was "bad" but just not one I'd really be excited to watch again would probably be Newbie Dash, though not for the reasons people would think, I just felt it wasn't as entertaining to watch. I still enjoyed it, but not enough to want to rush back and watch it again.

Newbie Dash was the equivalent of failing PE. Not worth 5+ seasons of build up at all and damn near made me give up on the show

• Brohoof 3

In my opinion "What About Discord?" has the least to offer. I find that episode particularly boring. Kinda weird, too, to think that Twilight should be less jealous when Discord was deliberately provoking her - I mean, she wasn't wrong to distrust him, clearly. 

• Brohoof 5

"Flutter Brutter" OMG, how I HATE this episode. Zephyr Breeze is a character that SHOULD NOT have even been created. I will watch every single episode over and over...EXCEPT for this one. I will never watch it again.  If it was the first episode I ever watched, I would never have watched another. I am not kidding. I found it to be horrible.

• Brohoof 4

I suppose Tripple Threat, not only did Spike managed to screw up somewhat a simple thing, but the writers also made up a friendship map mission just for Spike, which was like solve his own problem that he himself created.

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

"Flutter Brutter" OMG, how I HATE this episode. Zephyr Breeze is a character that SHOULD NOT have even been created. I will watch every single episode over and over...EXCEPT for this one. I will never watch it again.  If it was the first episode I ever watched, I would never have watched another. I am not kidding. I found it to be horrible.

I find Applejack's Day Off, The Cart Before the Ponies and 28 Pranks Later worse episodes than that one for Season 6.

• Brohoof 2

Again, the reason why I detest these topics is because I feel they turn into negativity fests. We should be focusing on why we like things, not why we hate them!

@This Whomps @Dark Qiviut

I don't think I can narrow it down to 1:

10. "Putting Your Hoof Down"

9. "One Bad Apple"

8. "Princess Spike"

7. "What About Discord?"

6. "Owl's Well That Ends Well"

5. "The Mysterious Mare Do Well""

4. "Non-Compete Clause"

3. "Dragon Quest"

2. "Spike at Your Service"

1. "Newbie Dash"

There have been mediocre or boring entries in the show before (and likely will be in Season 9), but I specifically chose these episodes because they not only failed to be entertaining, but they all went against the show's core principles in different ways.

Edited by TheAnimationFana
  • Brohoof 4