Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In your opinion, what was the worst episode of MLP?

PaulBron

The stand-outs for me are 'What About Discord' and 'Make New Friends But Keep Discord'.  I loved Discord in 'The Return Of Harmony', he was a great villain.  After his reformation in 'Keep Calm And Flutter On' (also not a favourite) they obviously wanted to bring him back in but didn't quite seem to know what to do with him.  They managed to get him back into somewhat better form for 'To Where And Back Again' but that still left us with these two godawful episodes in between his better appearances.

If I was able to remove these episodes from my memory I would not do it, because without knowledge of them I'd be putting myself at risk of watching them again.

• Brohoof 1

There are a few baddies in the bunch (a good chunk or those being from season 8), but the one that truly stands out to me is School Daze. The reason this one stands out to me the most is not because it's the most boring or poorly written (though those terms describe it pretty well), it's because how influential this episode was for the rest of the series...in a bad way.

The school of friendship really ruined a lot of the show and was truly the final blow on what made the show so charming in the first place. The whole concept is really just stupid, and not well thought out. Friendship is something you learn over time through life experiences, not through a school. Then there's the fact that the mane six, who already have jobs of their own, were forced to work there. This meant that much of the show's focus had to shift towards this bad plot device, because the main characters are practically glued to it.

Then there are the student six. They aren't as bad as the school itself, but still were not very beneficial. They just took screen-time away from the mane six, and they were not written very well.

Lastly there's just the fact that this episode was horribly put together. From the concept, to the characters, and even the plot, it felt extremely sloppy. It was just a disaster from start to finish. That's why School Daze is my least favorite episode in the series.

• Brohoof 2

Out of all 222 episodes of the show, the worst episode that comes to mind for me is Spike at Your Service. It's so poorly written, has poor characterization, Spike acts like a complete dumbass for most of it, and has the most anti-climactic defeat of any enemy in the show. Also, what were they thinking with that inflated Applejack bit?

Edited by Chad327
  • Brohoof 2

I love this show too much to say that I've ever disliked any episodes. :D The ones I did skip out of anger however where the ones that were only Student Six focused. :scoots: They were bland characters, paper-thin, unfunny, uninteresting, wimps, pansies. :glimmer: And worst of all, they took the spotlight away from the Mane Six. :( I love the Princesses and the CMC too so I didn't mind when they got their own episodes. :catface: Plus, they're actually... you know, interesting

But in truth, that didn't last for too long and every other little thing about this show I will forever cherish and fight to defend for. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I love this show too much to say that I've ever disliked any episodes. :D The ones I did skip out of anger however where the ones that were only Student Six focused. :scoots: They were bland characters, paper-thin, unfunny, uninteresting, wimps, pansies. :glimmer: And worst of all, they took the spotlight away from the Mane Six. :( 

I know the show is called My Little Pony but I actually like seeing all the other species because Equestria is not just full of ponies you know. And it's important to give a little focus on some of the other characters otherwise you don't get to know more about their species that way.

To me there's no "worse episode" as much as there is "most forgettable leaves no impression on me whatsoever" kind of episode. And there are a handful of episodes especially from the earlier seasons that fall under that category

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My least favorite episodes are...

• Feeling Pinkie Keen: while I can't exactly describe why I dislike this episode so much, something about it is really... off... in a creepy/disturbing way.
  • Party of One: Pinkie Pie's behavior is downright creepy in the episode. That's probably ironic coming from me, though, because I'm extremely paranoid myself. Still, Pinkie's patterns of thinking and acting are off, and the moral is weird, too.
  • Dragon Quest: Western dragons are my favorite mythological creatures, and seeing them being portrayed as amoral brutes is upsetting. Not only that, but it's also implied that every dragon is like this, even although we had already seen a reasonable dragon in Dragonshy.
  • Father Knows Beast: I really hated the way Spike treated Twilight Sparkle in this episode. Spike is my second favorite character in the show after Twilight, and seeing him act the way he did was really... something.
  • School Raze: Making Cozy Glow evil was... something. Something predictable, yet unexpected. Why make a child the villain if you're not going to explain the reason behind their villainous acts?
  • The Ending of the End: I was honestly expecting a better finale. Also, I'm not just going to ignore the fact that a child was publicly executed in this episode.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Premiere-wise: The Beginning Of The End.

Start of the most-infamous arc on the show + rushed pace + Sombra suddenly being another character entirely.

Edited by Even Evil Has Standards
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

"In your opinion, what was the worst episode of MLP?"

I have five:

"Ponyville Confidential": MEAN AND CRUEL! 

"What About Discord": Mean, cruel and stupid.

"Dragon Dropped: *Shudders* A terrible way to say goodbye to Rarity, IMO. Why were parts of this episode given the "Ok." to make it to air? 

"The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows":

Reveal the surprise to the audience before the opening credits & have the secret keeper be annoying for whole episode. 

"Putting Your Hoof Down":

I know why Fluttershy made Rarity and Pinkie cry but the fact that Fluttershy said what she did AT ALL is UNFORGIVABLE, IMO. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, Rainbow Falls or Newbie Dash. Just purely mean-spirited. And In the latter two, I find myself constantly questioning whether or not it's even worth it for Rainbow Dash to pursue her dream when the Wonderbolts are this toxic.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-06-22 at 6:16 AM, PsychoWithAComputer said:

child was publicly executed in this episode

She was turned to stone not killed which means there's always the chance she could have Break Free sometime afterwards. And if Discord has broken free of a stone prison, why not her? 

Besides, Child or not, she had been one mean character and she had already been sent to Tartarus once before and it didn't change her attitude in the slightest, so what would be the point of sending her right back there?