Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animated TV shows and Movies you're looking forward to this year?

Here No Longer

Since there's already a thread for movies, here's one for animation. What are you looking forward to this year in the realm of animation?

Personally I'm looking forward to Long Lost Gulch, Hazbin Hotel, Infinity Train and Toy Story 4, though I'm holding out hope for JG Quintel's Close Enough to maybe start airing this year, but I don't think that's going to happen...

For animated movies I am really looking forward to seeing How To Train Your Dragon 3, Yuri on Ice Adolescence, and I am curious to see how Frozen 2 will turn out.

For tv shows I am looking forward to Infinity Train, The Owl House, Amphibia, Lauren Faust's DC Superhero Girls, and Wizards (the third show in the Tales of Arcadia Series, after Trollhunters and 3Below)

Dragon Ball Super Broly was one I was interested in and I literally just got back from watching it, so there's one off my list. As for movies coming out this year, I'm looking forward to How To Train Your Dragon 2, Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4

As for cartoons admittedly I haven't been paying attention for a while now so I don't know

Alright, here we go... These are all movies, by the way. I’m not that into cartoons.

• Sonic the Hedgehog (Don’t freak out. I want to see how bad it will be)
  • The Lego Movie 2
  • Toy Story 4
  • Frozen 2 (I thought the first one wasn’t that great so I want to see of this one will be any better)
  • The live action Lion King
  • Detective Pikachu

Here are some shows I'm looking forward to this year:

• Twelve Forever - New Netflix show that started out as a Cartoon Network pilot. The original pilot was my favorite pilot CN has made in recent years.
  • 101 Dalmatian Street - New Disney show that I think seems like a lot of fun. A couple episodes have actually aired as sneak peeks in some countries, but not the U.S. (which is where I live). I did, however, see one short Disney Channel U.K. released on YouTube and enjoyed it.
  • Victor and Valentino - New Cartoon Network show. Really enjoyed the original pilot.
  • Pony - New Nicktoon slated for the 4th quarter this year (although knowing Nick, I wouldn't be surprised if gets delayed). I think it seems like a nice show.

These aren't the only shows I plan on checking out this year, but they're the ones I'm most looking forward to. I don't head out to the movies much, but the movie I'm looking forward to the most this year (which is actually a TV movie) is Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling. Out of all the revivals Nick has done, this is the one I'm most interested in. Rocko's Modern Life is one of my favorite (if not, favorite) Nicktoons and the preview was the most fun I've had watching a preview in quite some time. It was initially announced that it would air last year, but that didn't happen. Production wrapped up almost a year ago, so it is ready to be released. Hopefully soon.

6 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

These aren't the only shows I plan on checking out this year, but they're the ones I'm most looking forward to. I don't head out to the movies much, but the movie I'm looking forward to the most this year (which is actually a TV movie) is Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling. Out of all the revivals Nick has done, this is the one I'm most interested in. Rocko's Modern Life is one of my favorite (if not, favorite) Nicktoons and the preview was the most fun I've had watching a preview in quite some time. It was initially announced that it would air last year, but that didn't happen. Production wrapped up almost a year ago, so it is ready to be released. Hopefully soon.

I hope so too. I really enjoyed the preview also, especially the new intro being as faithful to the original as it was. Maybe I won't be able to tune in when it first airs, but I really want to see it . I actually completely forgot about it somehow when I made the OP :confused:...

I also have a lot of faith in the new Invader Zim TV movie, though I'm not entirely sure if it will come put this year... Hopefully it does, and hopefully it's good.

34 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

I also have a lot of faith in the new Invader Zim TV movie, though I'm not entirely sure if it will come put this year... Hopefully it does, and hopefully it's good.

That’s currently slated for spring.

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2018/12/nickelodeon-to-premiere-invader-zim.html

On 1/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, ~Dusky~ said:

I hope so too. I really enjoyed the preview also, especially the new intro being as faithful to the original as it was. Maybe I won't be able to tune in when it first airs, but I really want to see it . I actually completely forgot about it somehow when I made the OP :confused:...

The comic already got me losing hope for it. Unless the movie is entirely different from the comic. Which I hope...but even though Jhonen is still writing, he is forced to work with other writers who have no experience or clue of the universe. So we’ll see. Reboots always scars me.

Other then that, I’m also super excited for long gone gulch! The animation and the art is just hands on a masterpiece .