Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you love a second My Little Pony movie?

Dashy 4 Ever

On 1/26/2019 at 3:22 PM, Bas said:

I saw a sheet table, not sure if it was official, and even if it was things might have changed, but according to it a second one is coming after s9 before the new gen.

(was prob this:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/182435-season-9-specials-theme/?do=findComment&comment=5512146)

If official you mean publicly shown? No. However, these were proposed by DHS staff, because they were found in “The legendary leak” :catface:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ShinyStarry said:

Wow.. I really hope we'll get a new one! I mean, how awesome would that be?!

We got confirmation we won’t, as the next movie will be for G5. However, an upcoming summer special will have elements from a cancelled FIM movie sequel, plus it’ll be animated with Toon Boom :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

We got confirmation we won’t, as the next movie will be for G5. However, an upcoming summer special will have elements from a cancelled FIM movie sequel, plus it’ll be animated with Toon Boom :mlp_icwudt:

Oh. Well...  that's nice to hear... Though, I'll be missing G4 very badly.  :(

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, shinystarry said:

Oh. Well...  that's nice to hear... Though, I'll be missing G4 very badly.  :(

So do I, I’ve spent a whole week crying when S9 is the final season hit me :sunny:

On 3/25/2019 at 8:16 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Where's the confirmation?

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

I've seen it, but it could mean anything as of now. Could just mean that it won't be related to the events of the first one. Basically like it will have nothing to do with Storm King.

Of course, it COULD very well be a G5 movie, that's very possible, but anything is on the table as of now. We'll have to wait for more information to know for sure.

Part of me sees it as possible, but part of me also sees it going the other way too. We will find out soon enough though.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I've seen it, but it could mean anything as of now. Could just mean that it won't be related to the events of the first one. Basically like it will have nothing to do with Storm King.

Of course, it COULD very well be a G5 movie, that's very possible, but anything is on the table as of now. We'll have to wait for more information to know for sure.

Part of me sees it as possible, but part of me also sees it going the other way too. We will find out soon enough though.

Well, whatever the case, I believe DHX won’t be working in more horse projects after the final season. I think Boulder Media will be in charge from now on, and it appears the Rainbow special will be a way for them to test the waters. You know, it will be the shit if said movie is a soft reboot for FIM, as in stand alone enough for it to not need to have watched FIM, but still leaving enough lore of it here and there to make it evident it takes place in the same world :adorkable:. Not getting my hopes high, but I can dream :mlp_icwudt:

• 4 weeks later...

There's already one in the making, set for release of 2021.

But, I am refusing to see this movie because I am deliberately dropping out of the MLP fandom by the end of this year.

The only thing I really liked about the pony movie was tempest shadow the movie over all was just kind of rushed with a bland plot Bland characters and a bunch of musical numbers for filler that were not that great either with the exception of TempestShadows number in case you couldn't tell I'm kind of a fan of her.

Edited by Brandywine

That would seem to be a foregone conclusion at this point. The question is not if but when.

What shape the film will take and it's relation to the franchise remains to be seen. But at this point I think it's almost inevitable the direction will be towards the next generation of My Little Pony. 

(It wasn't the main subject but I'd also enjoy one last full length Equestria Girls movie as well.)

On 4/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, FirePuppy said:

But, I am refusing to see this movie because I am deliberately dropping out of the MLP fandom by the end of this year.

Season 9 hasn't been that bad, has it? 

10 hours ago, Roughshod said:

Season 9 hasn't been that bad, has it? 

Season 9 is already looking like the worst season so far, even worse than 8.

Edited by FirePuppy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I mean, sure, I'd be for it. I liked the first one but it honestly shouldn't be hard to top

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

If there was a second movie, I would like to see it happen.
Though I hope that the princesses(at least Luna) don't get shafted.
It really stung to me in seeing what happened to Luna in the movie there.

Edited by nightshroud96

Considering the MLP Movie is one of my favorite pieces of media from the show / fandom, yes.

I know the general consensus for the movie is that it was just "a big extended episode of the show" or such, thus its "just okay mostly", but I personally really liked it.