Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP] Fallout: Equestria - Balefire Blues

Randimaxis

5 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

.. 80 caps even; he'll even throw in the speed loaders, no extra charge!"

"Alright here ya go," she gives him 80 caps and collects the ammo.

Sorry, miss - all Rattles' spark batteries got bought up this morning; the mummy in the diner gave Rattles a LOOOOOOOOT of caps, and Rattles is going to swim in them tonight!  Yes he WILL!  YES!  He WILL!

"Oh well thats kinda disappointing, but oh well anyway enjoy your caps," Radiant said before leaving the strange stallion and left the town, now on her way to the town she is supposed to check up on.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

"Oh well, that's kinda disappointing, but oh well... anyway enjoy your caps,"

Rattles giggled like a schoolfilly as he took in the caps.  He didn't even seem to hear her farewells, as he skittered off into the busted skywagon, shaking his newly-acquired caps.

"Oh goodygoodygoodygoodygoody!  Little... bitty... cappies..."

20 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

on her way to the town she is supposed to check up on.

It took about an hour to make the trek, during which there were only a couple of radroaches and a lone mole rat to deal with.  

Shiny Station wasn't particularly shiny.  In fact, it was downright dingy and sooty - it looked as though the place had been hit with something nasty, long ago; jagged building chunks and crumbled concrete were the featured local decorations, it seemed.  Upon closer inspection, there were a number of banged-together and jury-rigged hovels and shacks, all sitting amidst the wreckage of an old train station.

The fact that almost the entire ground surrounding the place was hardened molten glass... well, it wasn't too much of a stretch to figure out why it was called Shiny Station.

However, for all the hometown/squatter feel to the place, there was something missing.  Something that meant a world of a difference between a slight hesitation to all-out, piss-inducing worry...

Not a single pony was to be seen.

Not one building, shack, hut, tent or other various place of repose was occupied - the entire township (if it could be called that) was as bare as a sun-bleached skeleton in the desert.  The eerie lack of noise added to the creep factor, and the fact that there was not a single sign of struggle only made things seem weirder and weirder.

In the center of town, a firehouse stood with a hoof-painted sign outside proclaiming it 'Da Mayerz Awfiss' stood silently, one of the least crumbled buildings in the area.  There was also a Pony Joe's with numerous crates outside of it, a police station with what sounded like a radio playing inside, and what was left of a Robronco Showroom with the words 'BY SHIT HEER' painted on it in what looked to be tar.

2 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Shiny Station wasn't particularly shiny.  In fact, it was downright dingy and sooty - it looked as though the place had been hit with something nasty, long ago; jagged building chunks and crumbled concrete were the featured local decorations, it seemed.  Upon closer inspection, there were a number of banged-together and jury-rigged hovels and shacks, all sitting amidst the wreckage of an old train station.

Radiant paused, her horn at the ready just in case something goes wrong. She approached the fire house and entered it looking for the pony she was told to find.

19 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

She approached the fire house and entered it looking for the pony she was told to find.

The first thing she noticed was the smell.

The firehouse had been painstakingly repaired and cleaned, and it was obvious that whomever did so was a master of carpentry, as holes and cracks were expertly repaired.  Even the walls seem to have been painted within the past decade.  There were desks and tables, restored nicnacs and paintings all over, and even a few reupholstered couches and chairs.  Everything here seemed to be in top-notch condition.

However, the spray of blood across the entrance foyer was a bit off-putting.  Further inside, there were numerous bloodstains across walls and floors - signs of a bloody firefight were all over the place.  Bulletholes peppered the walls, and there was the sooty leftover corona of a grenade or two in some areas. 

Behind a tilted over table was a single body - it was dessicated and rotten, which was where the smell was coming from.  The stallion's body was also thoroughly chewed on, chunks of flesh missing from the areas where supposedly the meat was more tender.  To top it all off, the corpse's eyes were missing - not deflated or ruptured or even gouged out; whatever had taken his eyes had done so with almost surgical precision, leaving almost no marks at all on the eye sockets.

He possibly might have lived through the surgery... if, y'know, he hadn't been shot and nibbled on.

Aside from the single body, there were no other ponies in the firehouse.

The Mayor's desk was there, and the drawers were apparently unlocked.  There was also a total of six Sparkle Colas, two spools of healing bandages and a single Spark Battery out in the open.  Blossom could search the firehouse more thoroughly and possibly find more gear and loot... or she could make her way to another building to investigate further.

37 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Behind a tilted over table was a single body - it was dessicated and rotten, which was where the smell was coming from.  The stallion's body was also thoroughly chewed on, chunks of flesh missing from the areas where supposedly the meat was more tender.  To top it all off, the corpse's eyes were missing - not deflated or ruptured or even gouged out; whatever had taken his eyes had done so with almost surgical precision, leaving almost no marks at all on the eye sockets.

"Man poor guy," Radiant said to herself.

42 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

The Mayor's desk was there, and the drawers were apparently unlocked.  There was also a total of six Sparkle Colas, two spools of healing bandages and a single Spark Battery out in the open.  Blossom could search the firehouse more thoroughly and possibly find more gear and loot... or she could make her way to another building to investigate further.

She grabs the battery and decided to search the area for loot.

14 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

She grabs the battery and decides to search the area for loot.

The firehouse may have been abandoned, but that didn't mean anything disappeared with its inhabitants.

In the entire building, she found a smattering of caps (67 in all), a number of old boxed foods from two centuries ago, a stash of Buck and Mintals from under a desk, and two more healing poultices.  In the room labeled 'Mayerz Awfiss', there was a steel box inside one of the large oak desk drawers; it would take a lockpick or the original key (possibly long-lost in time) to open it, but it was heavy enough to believe there was something inside!

In one of the rusted-but-maintained filing cabinets, there was a book in fairly good condition.  ' Tales Of A Junktown Jelly Vendor', the cover read.

Hidden behind the fire chief's washroom toilet were two Wingboner magazines, three Dash inhalers and a strange, green orb that had a soft inner glow to it.

Otherwise, there was little to nothing else inherently useful in the firehouse. 

10 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

n the entire building, she found a smattering of caps (67 in all), a number of old boxed foods from two centuries ago, a stash of Buck and Mintals from under a desk, and two more healing poultices.  In the room labeled 'Mayerz Awfiss', there was a steel box inside one of the large oak desk drawers; it would take a lockpick or the original key (possibly long-lost in time) to open it, but it was heavy enough to believe there was something inside!

Radiant ignored the mintals but grabbed the bulk she can use that for something. She looked at the safe, she didn't have a lock pick or a key but she had an idea on how to open it but first she was gonna finish finishing the area.

In one of the rusted-but-maintained filing cabinets, there was a book in fairly good condition.  ' Tales Of A Junktown Jelly Vendor', the cover read.

"Maybe that can come in handy later." She commented to herself putting the book in her bag.

Hidden behind the fire chief's washroom toilet were two Wingboner magazines, three Dash inhalers and a strange, green orb that had a soft inner glow to it.

Otherwise, there was little to nothing else inherently useful in the firehouse. 

She picked up the magazines setting them to the side and grabbed the orb. "What are you?" she asked herself.

14 minutes ago, Scare Effect said:

"What are you?"

The shining orb had a soft emerald glow that seemed to radiate from within; it was certainly magical in nature, yet there were no instructions of any sort.  

There was a clatter from the floor below.  Then, voices...

"Error... error... obstacle detected."

"Fer cryin' out loud, go AROUND it!"

"... error... error..."

"Aw, dammit... *sigh* FINE, hold on..."

The shuffling of what sounded like a couch, then, "Happy now?"

A measured, slow stomp came as the only reply.  The voice, male, mumbled loud enough to hear, "Not even a Celestia-damned thank you."

Apparently, she hadn't been spotted yet.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, Randimaxis said:

Apparently, she hadn't been spotted yet.

She bags the orb and everything else of use in the room she also makes a note of the safe's location as she draws her revolver just in case she gets spotted. Slowly she walks to the door and opens it slightly checking to see if there were any hostiles that may have come up the stairs.

41 minutes ago, Scare Effect said:

Slowly she walks to the door and opens it slightly checking to see if there were any hostiles that may have come up the stairs.

At first, nothing was in sight except for what she'd seen on her way in.

As she watched, a clunky, rust-patched and cumbersome robot took exaggerated and awkward steps up the stairwell.  Each step seemed to be a struggle for the robot, as it stood on its hind legs, each hooffall a dull thump against the floor.  It had what appeared to be small silver cones on its front forelegs, which was probably why it was walking on two legs instead.  The chest was broad but squat, and its "head" was nothing more than a gathering of wires, tubes and servos behind a clear plastic dome.

Behind the robot, with a look of sheer impatience on his muzzle, was an indigo stallion who was making his way up, step by step thanks to the slow progression of the metal contraption in front of him.  He wore saddlebags that were twice the size of typical ones, along with what looked like a suit of old military barding and a pair of red-lensed goggles on his head.  He wasn't old, but there were the beginnings of age visible on his muzzle - maybe middle age?  He had neither wings nor a horn, but he did have what appeared to be a duct-taped gathering of scrap metal on his back. 

With a start, Blossom suddenly realized that it wasn't just scrap... that thing on the stallion's back was a rifle.

In fact, it was the most disheveled, cracked and broken-looking thing the Wasteland had even produced; it looked as though it was some sort of unholy hybrid of a trombone, a telescope and a sniper rifle... and there was no way to really tell which of the three aforementioned functions it was still capable of!

The robot finally reached the top of the stairs, and as it tottered into the hallway, the stallion squeezed his way past it, pulled his 'rifle' from his back, and began to warily make his way down the hall.  As he reached a door, he reached over and shoved it open, pointing his dubious rifle inside for a moment before nodding to himself, then moving on to the next door.  He was apparently checking doors, but for what reason?

"Tumble, back me up.  Don't let me get jumped, ya big doofus."  The robot responded with clicks and whirrs, followed with a metallic, monotone "You... betcha... Boss..."

It would be several doors before he reached the Mayers Awfiss, so she had time to think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 5:33 AM, Randimaxis said:

The robot finally reached the top of the stairs, and as it tottered into the hallway, the stallion squeezed his way past it, pulled his 'rifle' from his back, and began to warily make his way down the hall.  As he reached a door, he reached over and shoved it open, pointing his dubious rifle inside for a moment before nodding to himself, then moving on to the next door.  He was apparently checking doors, but for what reason?

Blossom closes the door and took a deep breath and tried to think of how she can get past those two without getting noticed, but she decided to try and sneak past them first and if you they try to attack her she can hopefully stun them with a Firework flash. 

Taking a deep breath she opened the door and looked to see if they were close.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:46 PM, Scare Effect said:

Taking a deep breath she opened the door and looked to see if they were close.

The robot was closer than the stallion, but they were both roughly three doors away - and the close proximity to them meant she wasn't going to be able to sneak past them... unless she had a StealthBuck.  Another door kicked in, and the stallion pointed his gun inside that room.

"... nope... next one, Tumble."

The robot started to move along again, but one of its' legs struck the wall as it pivoted, and the entire contraption keeled over and hit the floor with a resounding CLANG.

"Tumble!  Ah SHIT!"

The stallion began whipping his rifle all over the place, frantically trying to spot anything nasty headed their way after such a sharp noise.  His eyes jittered in their sockets, and he made his way over to his fallen companion.  "Tumble?"

"A... O... K... buddy."

"Good," he gave the robot a light kick, "now get up - your clumsy feet might have just awakened whatever snagged everypony else."

Apparently, he wasn't the reason the folks here were missing; maybe he'd know something more?

Apparently, he wasn't the reason the folks here were missing; maybe he'd know something more?

With a deep breath she had to think of a way to not get shot while also probably talk to the stallion she sure as hell can't walk into the hallway. So she closed the door before calling out her revolver ready. 

"Hey do you know what happened to these people!?" She yelled hiding behind the desk.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:06 AM, Scare Effect said:

"Hey do you know what happened to these people!?"

"YAAGH!"

There was a quick shuffle of hooves, a thump, and another sharp CLANG! from outside.  As she couldn't see, Blossom had no clue what was actually done; she could take an educated guess that Tumble must have fallen over again.

"Whozzat!  Whozzere!?"

Silence for a moment.  Two moments.  Three mo-

"Me?  I just got here!  They're ALL gone?  ALL of 'em?"

More silence.

"Hey... h-how do I know YOU ain't the one who got 'em?"

The stallion sounded nervous.  There was the sound of the robot righting itself to its' feet, but otherwise it was quiet as the grave.

4 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Hey... h-how do I know YOU ain't the one who got 'em?"

"Because if i did i would have shot you when your robot fell down." she shot back. "Plus I'm a bounty hunter, i hunt outlaws not murder innocent ponies."

6 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

"Because if i did i would have shot you when your robot fell down."

"... oh.  Uh, yeah, I g-guess that makes sense..."

6 hours ago, Scare Effect said:

"Plus I'm a bounty hunter, i hunt outlaws not murder innocent ponies."

"WHOA, there!  Really?  Well, trust me, I am all about NOT murdering innocent folk... so..."

She heard a soft click, then a sigh from behind the door.

"Alright - I've put Tululah away... OH!  Tumble!"

"Yes... Mister... Rough?"

"No shootin' this one... I-I think... but no shooting, okay?"

"A... O... K... buddy."

"Alright, Tumble's off Defender mode; you can come on out, now.  No weapons up, though - I've been duped before.  Just leave 'em holstered, and we'll have us a little pow-wow about what might've happened to the folks here... okay?"

Through the small crack in the door, she could see he was as good as his word; his 'rifle' was back in its' holster, and the robot Tumble was standing idly by, facing down the hallway.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:22 PM, Randimaxis said:

Alright, Tumble's off Defender mode; you can come on out, now.  No weapons up, though - I've been duped before.  Just leave 'em holstered, and we'll have us a little pow-wow about what might've happened to the folks here... okay?"

Blossom put her gun away and approached the door cautiously and opens it and steps out. "Alright let's talk," 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 11:50 AM, Scare Effect said:

"Alright let's talk," 

The stallion gave a bit of a start at her appearance, then gave a sigh of relief as he saw she wasn't pointing a weapon at him.

"Well, good things.  Glad to see somepony else here - I'm tellin' you, Shiny Station's usually always busy.  I've never, ever seen the likes of this before... and honestly?"  He gulped nervously.  "I kinda wish I wasn't seein' it right now..."

He looked her up and down, taking stock of her outfit & visible weaponry.  "The name's Rough Shod, and on m'back is Tululah.... and this here's my traveling companion, Tumble."

The robot's innards whirred and clicked softly.  "Nice... to... meet... you... madam."

Rough nodded.  "We've been travelling around these parts for a few years now.  Shiny Station's one of our typical stops, and seein' as we were passing by, I figured we could stop in & check Rio's place to see if he'd gotten restocked yet.  But, when we got here, we came into..." he gestured around him, "... this.  Quiet as a mouse fart."

He then gave her a half-grin.  "And what do they call you, Ranger Lady?"

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Kronos was sitting as his, well, his soldiers call it his “throne”, but he prefers to call it his “command seat.” But, you can’t really blame his soldiers for assuming it’s a throne. It’s by far one of the fanciest pieces of furniture they’ve seen in their lives, and Kronos sits on it in his command center in the town he built from the ground up with his own mechanical limbs, Acropolis. 

Let’s dial this guy’s story back a bit. Long ago, Kronos used to be a wandering soldier for hire, a mercenary of sorts. He was conceived long before the war and is not actually native to Equestria. As a matter of fact, ironically, before Equestria became the dilapidated shit hole it is now, he was an ambassador representing his kingdom of Ragnarok attempting to make peace agreements with Equestria. You can all assume how that turned out.  

Anyways, Acropolis is main base of operations for Kronos’ infamous Sanguine Saviors, dominions of what became known as the Bloody Badlands. Kronos initially started his new life in the wasteland with newfound freedom and nothing to do with it. So, he took it upon himself to try and bring whatever remains of order he could establish. He ended up finding a run-down, leveled out neighborhood that became the foundation of the fortress-city known as Acropolis. His exploits around his neck of the Equestrian wasteland led him to some very interesting ponies that eventually became allies, some completely unexpected and from far off left field. He became the general of a ragtag group of ponies calling themselves The Minutemares. Shortly after, he travelled to an abandoned city occupied by three raider factions, who’s boss he executed to take control of the factions for himself. Unfortunately, as Kronos divided spoils amongst the groups, one of them got impatient and tried to overthrow him. Most of the members of that group ended up as decorations for Acropolis’ perimeter and as lawn ornaments for the residents inside. The leaders of the rebelling group, both brother and sister, became Kronos’ personal.....special slaves. Aside from the large group of raiders turned soldiers under his control, Kronos is also in charge of a factory that manufactures a bunch of machines that aided in his conquest of the Bloody Badlands and his armada of soldiers and robots are stationed all over the area. Almost no one dared to oppose Kronos’ domain and all who did either ended up being enslaved or got their heads smashed in personally by Kronos himself. 

A scouting party came back to Acropolis to talk to Kronos, whom all the Sanguine Saviors dubbed “Revenant”, with intel on new territories to explore. 

“Master Revenant,” the scout told Kronos while kneeling, “we’ve found some new territory that’s ripe for your exploration.” Now, while he may have scouts that scour beyond his territory to find new lands, Kronos loves to go out and explore by himself. Whenever he goes out to explore, he usually leaves control of the Bloody Badlands to his adopted daughter, who is only known as The Empress and has her own personal following.

By the way, remember when I mentioned that Kronos smashes your head in if you oppose him? Well, that’s an easier way to go than with Empress. The Empress would pin your limbs down, carve out your cutie mark for her collection of other ponies cutie marks, and then she’ll slowly disembowel you from the groin up. And if you think fainting would save you from pain, the Saviors’ personal Angel of Death, who is the brains behind their medical miracles, would ensure that you’re conscious to feel all of Empress’ torment until your heart is ripped out and eaten. 

While readying himself up for his expedition, he puts on his full set of specialized nano-filament heavy synth armor, all imbued with a special defensive technology that allows him to tank hits while standing still, on top of a set of armor weaved soldier fatigues. He puts on his armored trilby hat, his armored shades—which he stole from one of the enslaved siblings—and a military bandana. He also selected a few weapons from his vast arsenal. The armaments he selected include an explosive mini-gun, a small but trusty 10mm pistol, an automatic plasma rifle, and his signature Super Sledge modified with four leaking Fusion Cores attached to it, which was a gift given to him by some wack jobs who worshipped radiation. 

“Welp,” Kronos said to his daughter, “I’m off to explore this new territory. I’m gonna see if it’s worth extending our hooves into.”

And with those last few words, he set off to this new, unknown territory, blissfully unaware of any potential dangers with his only thought being ‘I’m one of the most dangerous ponies out here. What could there possibly be out there that could pose a threat to me? I’m not even utilizing my full arsenal, yet I feel as if these few arms are enough to deter most ponies and creatures.’ And he continued on his trek into unknown territory with a smug grin on his face, pistol to his side, hammer and mini-gun on his back, all while brandishing his plasma rifle. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1

A few miles outside Shiny Station...

"Naw...I ain't got any job this time.  Just wandering around again....bored, bored, bored...."  The rattlesnake seemed to look back at him, almost like it was trying to understand his words.  "What?  Ya think I should head to town?" he asked the snake.  It shook its rattle at him in response.  "Fine.  But last time them yellow-bellies whined about my drinking too much.  Like I drink more than they do.  Ha!"  The snake rattled again, then slid off the rock to disappear into the shadows underneath.  With a grunt, he stretched his legs and slowly stood up on all four hooves.  "Guess I might as well head out," he thought, reaching a foreleg up to straighten his western-style hat.  "Need ta get me some more ammo and food anyway..."  

The orange stallion slowly trotted off, his green mane and tail slightly bouncing along as he headed in the general direction of Shiny Station......

• Brohoof 1

On 5/22/2019 at 7:59 AM, nx9100 said:

"Guess I might as well head out... need ta get me some more ammo and food anyway..."  

On 5/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, Kronos the Revenant said:

“Welp, I’m off to explore this new territory. I’m gonna see if it’s worth extending our hooves into.”

It was going on sunset by the time the two both ended up in Shiny Station.

The sound of the radio was tinny and faint, and was coming from the police station a block away.  The glass-covered ground clicked beneath hooves as they walked along.

It was at this point that the two of them spotted each other; how would they react?

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis @Kronos the Revenant

Quick Strike's ears perked up when he heard the radio in the distance.  "That racket again?" he thought outloud as he trotted along, not really paying much attention.  "Need to get somethin' new playin'."  He looked around for any familiar faces.... and spotted a heavily armed and armored pony approaching town from the opposite direction.  "Whoa...that looks like a feller I ain't wanna mess with."  He stopped, and took a wide-legged stance, hat tilted down over one eye.  "Hey there, partner!" he called out.  "Haven't seen your likes around before."

• Brohoof 1

Kronos jerked his head towards the voice calling out to him with an audible mechanical whirring noise. 

Hmm, Kronos thought to himself, I highly doubt he could see through my concealments. 

He scanned around for this strange pony. He utilized his built-in SATS system in his cybernetic implant to find whoever it was. 

“Hmmph,” he grunted with a smirk, “I’m new around these parts. Some of my, uhh, friends told me about this place and I thought I should check it out for myself. Who are you and what’s your name?” 

He didn’t need to ask as he already scanned the pony with his SATS system, however, he wanted to ensure that his targeting system would change him from “minor threat” to “non-hostile”. However, Kronos kept his plasma rifle brandished regardless of whether or not this pony was friendly or hostile. 

• Brohoof 2

"Name's Quick Strike," the orange pony replied, reaching up with a hoof to tilt his hat in greeting.  "I'm... well...I ain't noth'in at the moment.  Don't have a job....just came 'round to get stuff 'n things."  He looked around the station.  "Huh....wonder where they all got to?"  He didn't react to the other's weapon, ready as it was.  Not because of bravery, but simply cause his mind had moved on.  Trotting in a slow circle around Kronos, he glanced into windows and doors.  "Place is as empty as a shed snake skin.  Something ain't right about this...."

• Brohoof 2

Kronos noticed Quick Strike glancing towards the dilapidated area, clearly looking alert. He stood his guard up as well. 

He observed the funny little orange pony and contemplated his name. 

Hehe, he thought to himself, he’s quite a small pony. I could probably off him in one punch. 

Now, Kronos was a pony that stood on his hind legs, so his stance was often taller than most ponies he encountered, and rarely anyone he crossed paths with were taller than he was. Even on all fours, however, he was slightly taller than average. 

“Hmm,” Kronos pondered our loud, “Not right? How so?”

• Brohoof 1