Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open [RP] Fallout: Equestria - Balefire Blues

Randimaxis

Quick Strike kept looking around, listening to the radio coming from...somewhere.  "well, usually there's ponies wander'in 'bout.  But now..." he waved a hoof around at the empty shacks and buildings.  "Nuttin.  They should've been yell'in at me about drinking too much last time i was 'ere.  Maybe they're all hidin somewheres?"  He started trotting around, looking into empty windows and doors.  Now, while other's might have seen Kronos as a threat, Quick Strike wasn't the brightest bulb on the Heartswarming tree.  His curiosity about the town had distracted his attention.  For an empty town meant no ammo....no drinks........

...no jobs...

• Brohoof 1

Even though the area seemed empty, Kronos took it upon himself to go searching the buildings for supplies, mostly ammunition, food and drinks and junk as he was pretty well-stocked on weaponry. 

He checked every square centimeter of the area and managed to find a few containers holding few items of value to him, which were mostly trinkets that simply gave him nostalgia of the time before the war. Trinkets he collected included a few foals toys, some rusty old kitchen appliances, a couple of pocket watches, and a few more knick-knacks that simply caught his eye. 

“It’s quiet around here,” Kronos said while seemingly scanning the area, “too quiet, and I don’t like it one bit.”

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, nx9100 said:

"Nuttin.  They should've been yell'in at me about drinking too much last time i was 'ere.  Maybe they're all hidin somewheres?" 

17 hours ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

“It’s quiet around here... too quiet, and I don’t like it one bit.”

The wind whipped through the silent scene; a shutter creaked, a sign swung, and dust rolled along the ground as that sense of foreboding grew, bit by bit.

From here, the two could see the cluster of shanties that graced the western edge of town, the disheveled train station, the central firehouse with the sign proclaiming it to be 'Da Mayerz Awfiss', the Robronco Showroom with the 'By Shit Heer' sign, the Pony Joe's with the crates outside it, and the police station where the music seemed to drift out from.

All these places were potential areas to search... for clues, for loot, for enemies... whatever floated your apple. 

"Well..." Quick Strike muttered to himself, "..If they's gone, might as well help myself."  He trotted over to the Robronco building, glancing at the 'By Shit Heer' sign.  "Hope they'all left some ammo and stuff behind.  Few bottles 'o brew would be nice too."  Before entering, he paused and slowly glanced around the area, eyes focused and ears alert.  Other than the radio and the armored pony searching around, he couldn't hear anything.  "Still don't like this..." he muttered, and stepped inside.....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kronos looked up and noticed the crude misspellings of the signs. 

It appears as if they have primitive intellect here, a voice called out to Kronos in his head. 

I highly doubt any of them have had any sort of formal education for centuries, another more sympathetic voice called out, you can cut them some slack for not knowing how to spell basic words. 

I don’t care, a ravenous voice called next, Just find something to eat, I’m starving here. 

Find whatever tools of destruction they left behind, a fourth commanding voice said, And we’ll conquer this part of the Wasteland next. 

Hold yourselves, guys, Kronos said to his voices, we’ll get to that when or if the time comes. 

All voices in his head groan at once. 

He continued his search amongst the rubble and still couldn’t shake his feeling of uneasiness behind him, so he remained alert. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/7/2019 at 7:06 AM, Randimaxis said:

He then gave her a half-grin.  "And what do they call you, Ranger Lady?"

Radiant thought about the question but decided it wouldn’t hurt to tell him. “They call me Radiant Blossom,” she said plainly. “Seems I might have to head back to the stallion who hired me to check up on this town and tell that every pony seems to have either disappeared or or killed.” 

“Anyway I better get going the sun is setting and I need to find a place to stay for the night.”she said before turning from the stallion and tumble heading to the stairs.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, nx9100 said:

"Well... if they's gone, might as well help myself."

The Robronco Showroom was... well, showy.

The entire place looked as though it was made to highlight the central stage, where there were a number of steel slots in the floor, meant for some unknown purpose [*OOC: Electrical outlets].  Surrounding that stage was what looked to be a cobbled-together, circular desk made of sheets of steel, scrap wood, and the occasional plastic... thing... that took up most of the stage area.  Along the walls were mostly rot, hastily-slapped-on paint and a number of old posters, apparently being used as both wallpaper & insulation.

The carpet - or what was left of it - was a haphazard mix of multiple floor coverings, all tacked and glued to the floor.  Parts were nasty, parts were moldy, parts were threadbare and worn through.  But the fact that it had been done at all showed a level of care that meant someopony maintained this place, at least passingly.

Standing in the middle of the stage, however, was a single pony.  His (?) coat was rotted and gnarly, his mane was scraggly and loose, looking as though much of it had fallen out, and the eyes were milky white.  A ghoul, most certainly - but he wasn't walking about.  In fact, his gaze shifted to look at Quick as he entered...

There were two other things about the ghoul that was noticeable: One was that he wore some sort of thick collar around his neck that had a small green light glowing on it.

Two was that his hooves and mouth were coated with what looked like recently fresh blood.

It just stood there, staring at Quick, not making either a sound nor a motion.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, Kronos the Revenant said:

He continued his search amongst the rubble and still couldn’t shake his feeling of uneasiness behind him, so he remained alert. 

Searching the surrounding area's rubble, Kronos managed to locate sixteen rogue caps, a few tin cans, a hidden stash with a bottle of Wild Pegasus and a Dash inhaler in it, and a rusted-through revolver... which looked like it didn't even qualify as scrap.  

Oh, and the dead body.

The mare would have been pretty, if not for the fact that half of her face was just gone.  There were bite marks all over her, as well as two bullet holes in her rear legs, one in each, right above the knees.  Her outfit was carefully sewn, but ripped around where her saddlebags would have connected.  On her right shoulder was a patch, proclaiming her a member of the 'Pony Express'; she'd been some sort of courier?  Regardless, she was quite dead - though, from the blood trail, it hadn't been quick.

Didn't delivery folks come with, y'know, deliveries?  Because this one seemed to be minus a package, as well as no satchel to carry it in.  Granted, she could've just been wearing the old uniform... but then again, there was a LOT that felt not-right with this place...

The mare had a little cloth pouch with thirty-three caps inside... and a small pair of pearl earrings, dingy from age.  Otherwise, she was wormfood.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, Scare Effect said:

“They call me Radiant Blossom.  Seems I might have to head back to the stallion who hired me to check up on this town and tell that every pony seems to have either disappeared or or killed.” 

Rough looked at her.  "Well, I'm a might worried as well, Miz Blossom - my daughter's supposed t'have met me here, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of ANYPONE, since I showed up.  I'm still gonna stay put - maybe she just ain't here yet... though she should've arrived yesterday.  I'd be right grateful if I could possibly keep your company fer a bit; Tumble's a good protector, but he ain't much for convo, if you know what I mean."

On 6/25/2019 at 11:03 AM, Scare Effect said:

“Anyway I better get going the sun is setting and I need to find a place to stay for the night.”

The stallion looked about a bit, then began to step after her.  "Hey... if it's a matter of caps, I... I'll pay ya a few, t'keep me company while I look around just a tad more.  I'm kinda wanting to figure out what happened here... and maybe come across m'girl too."  He smiled.  "She's a courier for the Pony Express, y'know - right proud o' her for that.  It's hard not to fall into chem addiction or raidin', nowadays; always was right happy to know she'd kicked her own Hydra habit & made something of herself.  Y'know, when she-"

"Scan... detects... unknown... presences..."

Rough instantly slung his piecemeal rifle around within mouth's reach.  "Company.  Might be whoever did this, might not.  I think we oughtta find out."

He made his way to the stairs, pausing to tell his companion, "Defense mode, Tumble - and plus-one our new friend, here."

"A... O... K... buddy."

Rough looked back at Blossom, concern growing in his eyes.  "... you wanna take the lead, or should Tumble?  Or do you got any ideas?"

Quick Strike slowly entered the building, taking a look around for anything he could grab.  Mostly junk, nothing too special.  But something caught his eye.  "Hey pardner!" he called to the shadow of a figure in the middle of the room on a stage.  "Ya'll got any...." he trailed off, pausing mid-trot, when his eyes adjusted to the lower light inside and he realized what was standing there.  In the blink of an eye, his pistol was out and held at the ready between his teeth.  "Rigth...nithe an eathy nowth.." he said, talking around the pistol's grip.....

On 6/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, Randimaxis said:

Rough looked back at Blossom, concern growing in his eyes.  "... you wanna take the lead, or should Tumble?  Or do you got any ideas?"

“I will take the lead, just in case it’s not a hostile,” Blossom says drawing her pistol and walked to the stairs. “Stay close we don’t need to get separated.”