Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Is DeviantArt dying out?

AlicornSpell

8 minutes ago, ShadowTheMonster said:

It's pretty weird how so many people are claiming DeviantArt isn't dead. It is. And honestly, it deserves to lose traffic. 

How's it weird? I'm curious, cuz there's still plenty of uploads every day, from looking at the Newest Deviations page. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Odyssey said:

How's it weird? I'm curious, cuz there's still plenty of uploads every day, from looking at the Newest Deviations page. 

Like he mentioned in the previous post, art thieves and bullies are being praised, and the popular users were also trolls. And to top it off, staff members on dA seem nonexistent and people who troll often get away with it. Yes, they can be put on ignore by others, but as long as they're not fully banned, they can continue on without being given actual punishment.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I actively check it and am faving Rainbow Dash pictures like there's no tomorrow but overall, I'd say it's noticeably less active than in past years. I've been a member for 12 years though in varying degrees of involvement myself. I used to pay for the premium, now core membership, but the latest price hike, that I know of, was too much for me, especially considering my inconsistent output.

It could die. I should save my favorites in case that happens.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

So what makes it die out? It is not really attached to any community like MLP

It's the UI change in which nobody asked for. It made it look confusing and all over the place.

Deviantart, dying? Now that is something to have a party for :proud:  I never liked the plateform - neither its content, or GUI.

Edited by Xe__or

53 minutes ago, Xe__or said:

Deviantart, dying? Now that is something to have a party for :proud:  I never liked the plateform - neither its content, or GUI.

I don't like it after it started stealing the Windows 95 logo and clouds, and pollute the internet with fake Windows 95 drawings! :glimmer:

1 hour ago, Funtime Splashee said:

I don't like it after it started stealing the Windows 95 logo and clouds, and pollute the internet with fake Windows 95 drawings! :glimmer:

I don't like it for its weird sonic fanarts