Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 Specials & theme

ManaMinori

tumblr_inline_plw73oVvEL1u5ynwc_500.png.bdb7f8c90878e2824c9c8bccd8ebd960.png

tumblr_inline_plw9z4KIFu1u5ynwc_500.png.3cf42d439f21036dd97ac6bb277c9784.png

tumblr_inline_plw9zd8H3v1u5ynwc_500.png.ce0bbad76b6ee2fbcf17d68074a75907.png

soooo, I found this floating around Tumblr and MLPTP and wanted to discuss it. I didn't see the leaks about a year ago, but haven't stopped hearing about them from other people since then. Looks like the end has been confirmed with season 9, and the theme will be a repeat of Rainbow Power, looks like. "
Ponify the World: Rainbow Power!" I wonder how this will differ from regular rainbow power, which was a theme in seasons prior.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, PaulBron said:

That movie 2 need to be AWESOME, serious the first movie had good songs but really.... The story of the first movie was totally random really. :unsure:

I agree. The story fell really flat. Too many characters, also, and not enough time to focus on them to really develop them well enough. Hopefully Hasbro learns from their mistakes

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I agree. The story fell really flat. Too many characters, also, and not enough time to focus on them to really develop them well enough

The movie don't make any sense, a space ship mysteriously appears in canterlot, and then BOOM! everything turn in a hell, and we don't know where those enemies and Tempest come from. :BornAgainBrony:

It's probably best to wait for an official announcement from Hasbro before making any kind of assumptions. You know how the fandom can get with information such as this showing up without word from them about it.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

soooo, I found this floating around Tumblr and MLPTP and wanted to discuss it. I didn't see the leaks about a year ago, but haven't stopped hearing about them from other people since then. Looks like the end has been confirmed with season 9, and the theme will be a repeat of Rainbow Power, looks like. "
Ponify the World: Rainbow Power!" I wonder how this will differ from regular rainbow power, which was a theme in seasons prior.

Wow 3 specials! They're really going all out!

i would take this image with a huge grain of salt.notice on the challenges

low awareness could hurt growth. also licensing partners my not commit.

so lets   wait and see, personaly, i dont see hasbro killing off a goldmine.

I saw all of that in the leaks, and I’m leaning that all of these plans are most certainly coming true. However, in lack of official word, can’t deny the possibility of not being set in stone

1 minute ago, cosmo22477 said:

i would take this image with a huge grain of salt.notice on the challenges

low awareness could hurt growth. also licensing partners my not commit.

so lets   wait and see, personaly, i dont see hasbro killing off a goldmine.

Then again, ponies have been decreasing in sales since 2016 I think, and it shows when there’s hardly any pony advertisement and toys around. That’s a strong sign that we may be witnessing the end of poneh :sunny:

52 minutes ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

It has been updated with the fake pictures roaming around. They didn't necessarily mean the plans posted earlier, which by the way, were in the leaks as well :fluttershy:

46 minutes ago, Bas said:

Not convinced, I don't see the screenshots and the table/charts connected in a major way, so far the only screenshots got denied from being true, or am I mistaken?

It seems that way, however, some are misinterpreting it as all the leaked content being false

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

tumblr_inline_plw73oVvEL1u5ynwc_500.png

You see the Flutter and Glow at the bottom left? I hope it’s glow in the dark horses :fluttershy:

So, they're planning to put the Specials on Netflix, eh? That likely means the show's streaming can still be seen on Netflix for account holders like me! 

If this turns out to be true, then Yay! :D

Edited by Will Guide

Say what you will about the leaks, but for what's it's worth, they seem to have been more right than wrong. I can believe the screenshots themselves to be fake (just about anything can be faked with relative ease due to hardware and skill), but I think the general ideas and character are still right on the mark.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Say what you will about the leaks, but for what's it's worth, they seem to have been more right than wrong. I can believe the screenshots themselves to be fake (just about anything can be faked with relative ease due to hardware and skill), but I think the general ideas and character are still right on the mark.

Agreed. Everything found in the leaks regarding S8 and S2 of EG has come to pass, and because of that, I find all claims of FIM NOT ending as fake an absurd sense of denial at best. Sure, those are more of a long term plans compared to S8 and S2 of EG, but that's the closest of an official word we have, and unless one of the developers come out and outright say there's a tenth season coming or something, we should at least consider the possibility of FIM reaching it's finale 

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:30 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

So we know the first special is Spring Breakdown, and the Friendship Day one is Rainbow Roadtrip, so is the last special perhaps the series finale?