Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do some people think life is meaningless?

heavens-champion

21 hours ago, Bas said:

You need to start thinking more locally, TBH.

I mean, nobody of us really has any influence on the world. This doesn't mean we can't make it better, and help people out. It can be buying a homeless man some food, talking to someone feeling lonely or just doing sigs for other ppl on the forums - I am pretty sure they are quite thankful for that!

Anything I do, no matter how big or small, is entirely forgotten eventually. In the end, nobody cares.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, Bas said:

Does everything we do need to get remembered? Why is it so important?

There is no need to be a hero in life.

Yeah, well, there's no need to be a villain, and yet, there are people who still rob banks and hack into people's e-mail accounts. So... you're point is what exactly?

On 1/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, Kyoshi said:

Anything I do, no matter how big or small, is entirely forgotten eventually. In the end, nobody cares.

You're pessimist, you know that?

6 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Yeah, well, there's no need to be a villain, and yet, there are people who still rob banks and hack into people's e-mail accounts. So... you're point is what exactly?

You're pessimist, you know that?

Indeed I am, but I'm not wrong with that statement.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Indeed I am, but I'm not wrong with that statement.

Are you sure, because if people are going through the trouble of putting even everyday life into documentaries, then somebody clearly does care. 

On 1/26/2019 at 3:14 AM, Hardway Bet said:

Well, speaking objectively, the only purpose of life is to propagate itself, but...

AckhWw1.jpg

I am confused. One picture's all mopey, and the other picture's all 'heck yeah', but they're both saying the same thing.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:16 PM, Flutterstep said:

Because it is for some people.

Wow, this comment is a real eye opener... of vagueness. At least the others tried to explain their reasons.

9 hours ago, Bas said:

a is pessimistic that nothing he does is important.

b is pro life and is like nothing matter, all easy, chill guys, let's do what is just fun!

And what about the laziness of the "because it is for some people" quote?

(edited)
10 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Wow, this comment is a real eye opener... of vagueness. At least the others tried to explain their reasons.

You asked why some people think life is meaningless. I gave you the bluntest answer. You don’t need everything spelled out for you when the answer is that clear and simple.

You complain about vagueness, meanwhile it took you months to respond with replies as little as four words. :confused:

Edited by Flutterstep
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I get this feeling when I get too depressed, despite trying not the be taken down by the negative feelings. Unfortunately the number of these events are increasing...
Anyway, every creature, at least at Earth has a nature of it do not want to loose it's existence. Humans want to live for ever, do something from they would be remembered of, or at least have a child. If none of these criterias come true, and the first one us not so likely a real thing, the person will feel he/she is useless.

Edited by Rixton

11 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

I am confused. One picture's all mopey, and the other picture's all 'heck yeah', but they're both saying the same thing.

It's saying "Life is short, but don't let it stop you from being happy." Some people have this idea that nihilism = depression, but it usually isn't like that most of the time. y-you do at least understand other memes... r-right?

• 1 month later...

Honestly, it irritates me to no end when people say there is no meaning to life, life sucks, I hate being alive, all that garbage. There's a reason why we're here, we all have a purpose in life, I guess maybe they don't realize that, or don't know it yet. 

• Brohoof 1

Because they haven’t gotten the chance to make it meaningful - only you can make your pointless life into a meaningful one, that is if you believe hard enough.

It starts by appreciating the small things such as simply waking up in the morning, being able to breathe, eating the food you like, and all of that - basically appreciating what you already have and continuing to build on it.

If you always imagine you have nothing to lose because you feel like you’ve lost everything, then it’s the perfect time to start because you start from nothing.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Because life is pain. People betray and hurt you, you work your ASS of for peanuts while some asshole gets to sit in an office and make 60k a year at a computer munching on popcorn, it's all just so discouraging, and for me no one in the world is giving me a chance to shine..... 

• Brohoof 2

Life itself is just to survive but we are better than the animals and we can be happy, I think that is the purpose of live.

Some people think otherwise because they are not happy and are in a depression.

That's my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

They don't get enough sex. And everything spins around sex. It is the mistery and purpose of life and creation. Most of the people I know that have issues with life, have issues and complexes with the root of sex. They cannot leave it alone, nor it them. Because that is it. That is ALL. Everything else is an excuse to get some "love". But you know how it is already. If you are honest with your intrinsic human nature. And I know humanity very well. The tree. The tree of knowledge of life and death. And there can be neither without sex. So, those who do not know it. Do not know the meaning of life.

It is more complicated than that. I mean the reason why so many people have these "deep rooted" issues is VERY complex. Older than this creation. Oh, so much mistery. But yes. There is a very good reason why this "world" is experiencing incremental conflict regarding the identity of sexuality. And that is because in this world not all souls are made of the same stuff in terms of proportions. Hehehe, but that is a story for another time. One that shall reveal itself when the time is just. After the one in the bible comes to an end.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

The two most common reasons I have heard are:

1. It doesn’t matter because we just die in the end

2. They don’t see value in themselves or anything

Having struggled with depression for over a decade and been in and out of the psychiatric unit, I have often heard/thought of these. It’s a shame because life is a beautiful thing if you make it. I hate hearing that people refuse to take steps to make their lives better when there is so much more out there for them.

• Brohoof 2

Mostly because it kind of is. Life is just us endlessly chasing happiness, and only a few people actually achieve it for more than a short while. It's pretty much just survival with brief, infrequent moments of warmth.

• The title was changed to Why do some people think life is meaningless?

My opinion: Life is a gift. Life is so valuable, because it will end at some point. It is my responsibility to make the most out of this precious gift. I owe it to my mother and everyone before her. If I try my best to make the most out of my time and to strive for improvement, my life already has fulfilled it's meaning. It is my own choice if I want to be happy and thankful for what I have, or to be sad and complain about what I don't have.

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, Heasol said:

My opinion: Life is a gift. Life is so valuable, because it will end at some point. It is my responsibility to make the most out of this precious gift. I owe it to my mother and everyone before her. If I try my best to make the most out of my time and to strive for improvement, my life already has fulfilled it's meaning. It is my own choice if I want to be happy and thankful for what I have, or to be sad and complain about what I don't have.

That's a nice prayer.....

Because those people look too much on the negative. Life is amazing, beautiful, and rewarding if you look in the right places and focus on your happiness. It's your choice if you want to think it's meaningless, but that's a rather misguided choice to think that - as opposed to finding happiness. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

People tend to see the negative because it’s easy to despair. It takes no effort to surrender to misery and addictive to pity one’s self. But self pity is a trap; it’s gratifying to feel sorry for one’s self but ultimately it only makes us dwell on, and re-live, all the things that make us unhappy. Happiness on the other hand, requires vision and a wider perspective that it’s not all about us, but often a different way of life that includes others in a cohesive plan. Pain and unhappiness, while unpleasant, teach and strengthen people. Without these challenges we’d get mentally and emotionally lazy, and we’d vegetate away into nothing. It takes work and sacrifice to make a better life, whether we like it or not. That’s the nature of exercise, whether it’s for the body, mind or soul; the effort itself is the key that makes us strong, and not just the immediate outcome.