Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Some attempts at drawing

Rainbow Cloud

I'm not very good at drawing as demonstated by the contents here but here are some drawing attempts of non-pony artwork I've made, the less bad ones anyway:

XNGARm9.png

Flareon in a Volcanic Setting

s3MfZ4M.png

Clair and Kingdra

kzmQ30H.png

Mew above the Clouds

aLTR6QI.png

Rapidash Fire/Dark Alternative Typing Idea

C6FOWMA.png

Sonic Adventure - Tikal, Chaos and the Chao reunited in the ruins of Station Square

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 6

Hey, you're doing a great job!!  One thing I'd suggest doing is studying anatomy, even though you might prefer a more "cartoony" style all great anime artists have first started with studying realism.  I really hope you never stop drawing!!!  We all start somewhere in our art journey, as much as we hope the art gods would deposit all the desired abilities in us, we have to learn them through our lives.  You'll get there, I know you will! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Thanks, yeah anatomy is something I would like to look at as the bodyshapes and proportions are off in these. I recieved some advice about horse head and leg anatomy from a couple of artists I know when I was doing the Rapidash drawing which did help me improve from where I was going wrong, though still haven't gotten it quite right yet.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, I'm going to keep at it with drawing and keep practicing :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haven't really had much time to try to draw lately but here are a couple of things I had a go at, one is a Shadow Mew and the other is the Galar starter pokemon Sobble.

WUhefHx.png

f4cfqAP.png

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 1:33 AM, Thuja said:

I like your sobble!!!  They really seem to be a fan favourite at this point, huh?

Thanks, yeah Sobble seems to be the fovourite of the new starters so far, I'm planning to choose it as my starter :)

On 3/22/2019 at 6:39 AM, Camyza said:

You have some good basics down, especially the backgrounds!  The city has really good placements and angles.  Keep it up ^^

Thanks, I looked at some of the building designs and angles in the cutscene from the game and tried to re-create them :D

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Been a while since I posted something here.

I made this Mew avatar today and the Speal is something I did for a friend for their birthday a few months ago.

Ew6gDSK.png

RnNUnBa.png

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Thuja and thanks for the advice you gave back at the start of the thread, it's helped a lot. Been trying to work on the accuracy of the pokemon's bodyshapes though I'm still a little off in places but will keep at it :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a Scyther drawing and a painted version of the drawing I did with some paint pens, didn't really have the right colours as they're too dark so it's kind of an alternative colour Scyther. The painted version was done using a photocopy of the original drawing as I didn't want to try this with the original. I'm probably going to colour the original one using pencil crayons at some point.

nj4ddHG.png

GeMbFdB.png

• Brohoof 3

Try using layers then work your magic up.start with the outline and guides...if you noticed i didnt even follow some of the outline and guidessketch-1595834317555.thumb.jpg.403827e9421d50dda0a570fd3c4d9bc7.jpg

Then remove that layer and add color.sketch-1595910518814.thumb.jpg.b10f231fa8019b36ebef395e9a77deaa.jpgthensketch-1596099102901.thumb.jpg.4ee5004690945454d5923140e49e5aa4.jpgthen!!! Oh thats it i havent finished.... It aint perfect which is good .... I can still sharpen mah skills!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...