16 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the short

• Simply dreadful
    • Not a fan
    • It was okay
    • Liked it
    • Fabulous darling!

Ah so there are gonna be 7 shorts then! 

This crush is REALLY getting tiring and sad now! I still don't understand why people still ship them. This is clearly friendzoning to the point where it's getting ridiculous. Yunno what I think though? They might be reminding us about the crush now cause they're gonna end it next season! #SpikeJustice

Also why doesn't Rarity just ask Celestia or Luna how their manes flow? :P

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 1

I was entertained up until Spike showed up. After that, it's kinda predictable and not really that funny, just expected. It'd be cool to know if there is a reason and what that reason is for Celestia's and Luna's hair flowing.

• Brohoof 1

While it is a cute idea, I really can't condone Rarity manipulating Spike to be her personal servant and object. 

I'm starting to think that when Tirek called Discord a "pony errand boy", he was actually referring to Spike. I mean this is pathetic. :mustache: I'm just glad Ember wasn't there to see Spike grovel like this.

• Brohoof 2

Funny short, until Spike showed up and we're shown the whole crush is still going... and Rarity still takes advantage of it... really tired of a situation that hasn't been funny since season 2.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 1

Oh jeez people are really taking this Sparity way to seriously. There is good chance that his crash is just going to be left as it is. The show just going to end soon and they are most likely just go into ether sort of speak.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, DonMaguz said:

Funny short, until Spike showed up and we're shown the whole crush is still going... and Rarity still takes advantage of it... really tired of a situation that hasn't been funny since season 2.

I don't honestly find anything wrong with Sparity as a concept honestly, but the nature of their relationship isn't just repetitive and outdated, it's incredibly one sided and insulting to Spike.  Sure maybe for a season or two it was funny to see Spike be Rarity's whipping boy, but it's gotten old. Moreover it does little to improve their relationship, and reflects poorly on Rarity as a character.

• Brohoof 2

I dunno, these Friendship is Magic shorts haven't been doing as much for me as the Equestria Girls ones. They don't seem to have the same level of creativity. This one's just Rarity being silly about fashion and Spike obeying her every command, which has been done. Still better than a lot of the 22-minute episodes, I guess. 

Pinning; might be time for a section for these shorts...

• The topic was pinned
  • The title was changed to FiM Short: Rarity's Biggest Fan
  • The topic was unpinned

If we ever get more animated shorts, my guess is that the next one will revolve around Fluttershy and/or Pinkie Pie, because now, at least half of the Mane Six already have two apiece.

Edited by FirePuppy

• 2 weeks later...

:dry:  Mm.  *Grumble, grumble.*  Me no likes.  There's just too many things wrong with this one.

Firstly, Rarity's criticism of Twilight's usual mane choice seemed to go a little beyond playful nudging, and towards slightly mean-spirited shaming.  And who the f*ck are YOU to criticize Twilight for always wearing the same mane style, Rarity?!  How often do you change yours?!  If I were pull up all 8 seasons and watch every episode right now, in how many do you suppose your mane would look like this:

Spoiler

1306926275_RarityMane.thumb.jpg.bdb9d44cb65cbde8538ed2f59e01cb7d.jpg

Yeah.  S'what I thought.

Now, there have been a few times where manes were differently styled, like for the Gala, or when they all turned to crystal, but they all looked different!  There was one time when Rarity styled her mane differently, obviously:

Spoiler

1406750084_MLP-RarityPunk.jpg.c28d5610d45ffb80759c0b394ffa014d.jpg

But she only did that because her hoof was kinda forced.

Twilight on the other hand, once styled her mane differently just for the heck of it.

Spoiler

1990723870_TwilightAnimeMane.thumb.jpg.56dd19006a3bd706599d66b86553f40a.jpg

The way I sees it, Twilight's got you beat, you cotton colored b*tch.  :laugh:  (Rarity's normally one of my favorites, but I just didn't like her, here.)

The way Rarity took advantage of Spike there was also very off-putting.  C'mom, Rare-you're more considerate than that.  I love fashionista Rarity.  I don't like narcissist Rarity.

Something that also annoyed me (and probably no one else) was the fact that we have yet another example of Twilight's uncharacteristic gullibility.  (The first was when she was extremely quick to think that the CMC figured out a way to give Gabby the Griffon a real live cutie mark.)  Twilight was so quick to think that Rarity figured out how to make her mane move like the Sisters.  C'mon.  Really?  This is a phenomenon that is unique to these two 1.1 millennia old alicorns, and you think Rarity just figured it out like that*Finger snap*  C'mom, it's not a spell, you clod

And furthermore, there is a trope at play here that annoys me to no end.  It's the tv phenomenon where a character cannot perceive anything that's not currently in-frame, even though they'd easily be able to see it if they were really standing there.  Twilight could easily see Spike fanning Rarity.  He was right there.  Right in front of her friggin' face.  And yet, because they hadn't done "the reveal" yet, then Twilight was oblivious to his existence.  My good friend coined a great term for this trope.  He calls it the "silent semi", due to all the times that a character or car or something is sitting in the middle of a road on tv, and out of nowhere, a semi truck just plows into them from just off-camera with no warning or sound, when in reality, everyone would have seen and heard it coming, and we the audience should have been able to hear its approach.  The silent semi in this scene just kills it for me.

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Just working through the shorts now and I have to ask has everyone forgotten Mistmane? Sure her's isn't as sparkly but its the same flowing effect.

mlp_vector___mistmane__2_by_jhayarr23_db

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/5/2019 at 1:49 PM, Brainstorm said:

Interesting. Rarity tried to get her mane to be like Celestia and Luna's Mane.

Oooh, could we be talking about a potential for Princess Rarity sometime in the near future?