Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G4's identity crisis

ManaMinori

I wandered upon a post on my Tumblr that I thought I'd share, because it's a little concerning.

source: http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/post/182404865627/while-organizing-what-g4s-i-have-it-made-me

while organizing what g4s i have it made me realise how much of a mess g4 really is. it’s so unorganized

in g1 mlp you have the ponies. that’s pretty much it. there are smaller releases like the petites, the friends, sweetheart sisters, etc. but i feel like they’re all pretty contained, and you could play with them all at the same time (not the petites but everything else yeah)

in g2 mlp you have the ponies. that’s pretty much it

g3 you have the ponies, and later on, the ponyvilles

in g4… it was simple enough with ponies, blind bags, and even eqg thrown in. but now we have, stocked all in the same isle at the same time:

• brushable ponies (including fashion styles)
  • pony figures with molded manes (the recent ones like this)
  • guardians of harmony
  • blind bags/fim collection
  • equestria girls
  • cutie mark crew (which include ponies and eqg)
  • mashems/fashems
  • equestria girls
  • equestria girl minis
  • equestria girl mini figures (the cheap chibi ones that are like $3 or whatever)
  • equestria girls fashion squad

if i was some little old lady looking for gifts for my grandchildren and i saw this i wouldnt know what to get! “which one is it? are these all my little pony? are you supposed to play with these altogether at the same time? why do they all look so different?” i couldve included funkos as well but those aren’t kept in the same isle as the regular ponies most of the time (ive seen funkos stocked alongside them once, at walmart they’re usually kept with the other funkos near the front of the store by the registers)

are any other toylines this complex and confusing in the store?? does barbie have 30 different spinoffs all in one place??

does g4 truly have an identity crisis, not knowing what it really wants to be?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I wandered upon a post on my Tumblr that I thought I'd share, because it's a little concerning.

source: http://paradise-estate.tumblr.com/post/182404865627/while-organizing-what-g4s-i-have-it-made-me

does g4 truly have an identity crisis, not knowing what it really wants to be?

I think its more that hasbro aren't willing to let a possible new profitable product line go past without releasing a MLP version; after all, its now 8 seasons old and still got a loyal (if dwindling) fanbase,,,,

• Brohoof 1

It's called diversity. The idea is that you can sell more if you have a wide variety of options. You can pick something different every time. Most isles will only have a few toy lines at most now, and maybe you'll have one or two with miscellaneous items. That's how it's been so long as I can remember and it's not changing anytime soon, so get used to it grandma.