Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most uncomfortable place you have ever sat?

Hbk4894

I would say in primary before we got to the year 6 they used to make us sit on the floor and it was very hard and uncomfortable and I think it was also because year 6s got to sit on benches.

My anatomy class back in Community college was kinda uncomfortable to sit through, the chairs were hard and wherever I sat there'd be this immature people making dumb comments about what we're learning on any given day.

Hands down (or should I say, butts down?!?!! :laugh:) most uncomfortable thing to sit on is the stools in High School Science Labs (fellow Brits will know what I mean!) 

These!!!!

image.png.7f1de2d7263146c3860f2619affd2ef2.png

• Brohoof 1

The seat itself wasn't bad, it was more the fact that I was stuck in it for almost an entire day with no opportunity to stretch out, and it was compressed because I was in the middle of the back seat in a small SUV with two cousins either side who were managing to fight despite my separating them.

Back in high school marching band we took a 13 hour tour bus ride to Disney, and I've never felt so physically uncomfortable. To add insult to injury, there were no outlets. I slept on the floor underneath the seats, and my friend slept in the aisle.

• Brohoof 1

I had to sit on a hard plastic chair for five hours while waiting for one of the Playstations to be released. I wanted to get one for my brother and had to sit in line until the appointed hour and it was soooo not worth it. My chair had a loose fitting on one side so I had to lean over to my left to keep it from collapsing, and that was seriously uncomfortable. I got up once to visit the ladies' room and couldn't even feel my backside anymore. 

Railroad tracks. Back in my hometown, there was abandoned rail road tracks due in part of a bridge that wasnt safe for trains. Repairs would cost the city millions so they left it for nature. Me and me friends would use these tracks as our chill out spot. We'd spend hours eating some primo munchies and talking about current events and pop culture.

• 1 month later...

I went out for hot pot recently and the restaurant had these metal chairs that were slightly curved on the edges of the seat. I don't know if this place wants their target consumer to be toddlers but this chair was tiny! I couldn't fit even half my butt in the darn thing! My friend was sitting on the cushioned bench side of the table so I had to suffer through a hour of discomfort. Somehow it managed to be the worst place I've ever sat, and I've sat on jagged gravel. Something about tiny metal chairs and shooting sparks just made it a bad time for me.

(edited)

Oh gaush. There was one time in basic training where we didn't have any troop transports left, but we still had almost an entire platoon that needed to go somewhere. I don't even remember where. All I remember was piling 40 or so people into the back of a box truck. I was lucky to get to sit down. Two people were crunched up really uncomfortably close on either side, and this one girl was perched up on my lap. Everyone else was standing.

Cue the 60 mph drive on a windy dirt road for 7 miles. No lights in the back of the truck, no air conditioning, no ventilation, nothing. Just forty or so sweaty, tired soldiers crammed into an uncomfortable box like equipment.

(I mean, to be fair, the girl was pretty cute, so there's a plus. :P)

Edited by Meson Bolt

Hmmm...the doctor's office. I get extreme anxiety whenever it's time to visit the doctor for a checkup (which I haven't done in a long while). Just sitting in the waiting room is uncomfortable cause my anxiety is flying through the roof, and then it's even more uncomfortable when I'm sitting and the doctor is checking me over and what not. I think my hate of visiting the doctor nowadays is sprouted from bad memories of visiting the doctor as a little kid. :unsure:

On 1/30/2019 at 11:00 PM, AJ2489 said:

Hands down (or should I say, butts down?!?!! :laugh:) most uncomfortable thing to sit on is the stools in High School Science Labs (fellow Brits will know what I mean!) 

These!!!!

image.png.7f1de2d7263146c3860f2619affd2ef2.png

Worse is the bloddy textured seats in the rest of the classes,

Or the chairs that flex heavilly upon sitting on them

And getting used to the textured ICT chairs that you have to spin to go higher,

And for me it would be my  primary,

In assembly we had to sit on floor with legs in basketm which hurts me far too much

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Sherbert MGS said:

Worse is the bloddy textured seats in the rest of the classes,

Or the chairs that flex heavilly upon sitting on them

And getting used to the textured ICT chairs that you have to spin to go higher,

And for me it would be my  primary,

In assembly we had to sit on floor with legs in basketm which hurts me far too much

sitting with legs like that suuuuucked

I had to sit on a plane and, even though the seat was bad enough, I had to sit next to an annoying dude who talked the entire time. I'm not a people person as it is, and made every indication, but this guy wouldn't take a hint or shut up. That flight felt like forever. And yes, my butt was sore too.

At one point, many, many years ago, I was a going for a Chemical Engineering degree at the University of Waterloo, in Ontario, Canada. It was the only place I could afford to go to Uni, because they had a work/study program for Engineering. You'd go to classes for 4 months, then be placed in industry for 4 months to raise money for the next term, rinse and repeat.

One of my work terms was at a cyanamide plant in Niagara Falls. Calcium cyanamide is used for a variety of agricultural and industrial purposes, and at the time it was produced by cooking calcium carbide in giant kilns that are being flooded with nitrogen.220px-325_Frank-Caro_kilns_Odda.jpg.2bdcd99fa3a7846fd25b3b60d1056cce.jpg this is a really old method, but the company I worked for that term was all about antique, and dangerous, methods of doing business.

The problem being, the pipes that pump the nitrogen in get plugged up, which means the cooking calcium carbide gets normal, humid air instead of nitrogen. Hot calcium carbide + water = acetylene. Hot acetylene means big boom, and those multi-ton concrete lids on those kilns get launched up into the air with enough force to embed them in the ceiling.

So as a student, my job was to jump from the top of one kiln to another, sit on it, pry up a small observation lid, and drop a temperature probe down the hole. If it was too hot, that meant the nitrogen pipes were blocked, and the kiln was about to explode. I was supposed to sound off an air horn to alert everyone to evacuate the facility, and *then* jump down from the kiln and run out of the place.

So that was an uncomfortable sit.

• 2 months later...