Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what is your idea of happiness?

Hbk4894

Happiness to me is being content with what I have. After witnessing firsthand in my life all my life how horribly people behave when they believe they are victims and that everything is just out to get them, I've come to believe that the secret to happiness is gratitude. 

• Brohoof 2

Happiness is travel; anywhere, anytime, by any means. 

It's someone bringing you tea or hot soup when you're sick.

It's going to the ballet, or any stage production for that matter.

4 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

My idea of happiness would be a long open road in space. I'd be driving a sweet classic car....maybe a Tucker Torpedo. Id also have brony music blasting; all the hits from 2012-present.

And for that matter, a Tucker Torpedo would be pretty cool for taking a spin down the open highway. Nice choice! 

• Brohoof 1

I honestly have no idea anymore.

Maybe it's being able to do what I like doing with the love of my life that I don't have? Maybe it's being able to be myself? Maybe it's just playing video games and watching some of the gbest animation has to offer? Or perhaps it's a combination of all three?

I really don't know. I just don't.

Edited by ~Dusky~

Singing. It's my one great release in life and it helps me cope with everything. When I sing it makes me feel good and I can also contribute to others when I sing to them. I get a lot of feedback for my voice and it's a tool I enjoy using. 

Well... Normally for me, it's the little things that make me feel content. Like seeing my Twily plushie on my bed, finishing my one of my artworks or hearing kind words from others on the forums. But these days, it's harder for me to feel good about myself. I'm always overwhelmed by the emotional and heartbreaking thoughts that cloud my mind. It's harder for me to think clearly, or enjoy anything I used to like. Therefore, I feel awfully hopeless almost everyday. Thinking about happier moments now, makes me feel extremely sad and alone. It just reminds me of lost I am now compared to then.

• Brohoof 1

the complete opposite of whatever my life is lol

in all seriousness though,I don't know.Perhaps Music?

Music has the power to bring people together and make you feel different emotions for the ups and downs in life,and that in itself makes me happy.

Spoiler

3f4b911debeb727b1f0b1a6714360992.jpg

The smell of old books.

Seeing classic cars drive by on the street when the weather is bad out.

Being able to look in the mirror and what you see finally makes you happy.

Getting a package you kinda forgot you ordered because it's been a while since the package was shipped but you realize it's the right thing you needed at the moment.

Hearing good things happening to someone you care about.

The feeling I get after a good saber drill or meditation sesson. 

The smell of a book in my hands. 

The feeling of getting lost in the world of a book or a show. 

Happiness is coming home from a day of incredibly hard work, kicking your boots off at the door, hanging up your field jacket and patrol cap, tossing your backpack onto the floor, and collapsing onto the sofa.

Then having someone you love lay down on your back and tell you how proud of you she is.

Edited by Meson Bolt

• 11 months later...

Happiness is what I live for. This can be everypony's personal quest, there is no general guide for how to be happy, since everyone defines and feels it differently.

For me...happiness is being positive. It's not about smiling and showing it on the outside, for me it's about the true inner feelings. A person who seems cold on the outside, could be one of the most happy persons on earth. And the most happy person on the outside could be nearly dead inside. For me, it's about the attitude and not about something like possessions or even health. I think it's very important to be able to be happy alone. Independently. And this leads to fulfilling relationships as well. The same feels attract each other, it's not like a magnet. Being negative means to attract other negative elements. And how will you find your way out of it, if you don't do it yourself and put some effort in it, right?

• Brohoof 1

Happiness to me is when I'm with my boyfriend. We could be doing nothing at all just sitting in the car talking and I feel like the happiest person in the world. I don't think he realizes how happy he makes me and I certainly don't tell him enough. I'd be lost without him. He really is my other half. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

Generally doing something that makes you and/or others happy, I suppose. But from personal perspective I've been forming that idea for years and still being not sure.

I wanna love, be loved, feel comfortable in my own skin, not have any huge worries, be taken care of, recreate the majesty of my broken past... then I'll be happy. I'm sure.

I guess it's really what's possible, the little things, right...?

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1