Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Star darlings, anyone?

Lucky Star

The other day I found a volume of the first three books in the series at the dollar general and impulse bought it because of the cover art! 

:mlp_yay: I've only read a little bit so far but it seems pretty good. Has anyone of you read it? What do you think? I think these character designs would look great animated in 2D if the right company got their hands on it. I've only seen one of the shorts and while I'll admit that the CG looked better than I expected they don't look nearly as nice as they do on the cover art of the book. 

Image result for star darlings

• Brohoof 1

ME! MEmemememe!

I reeeeeally like Star Darlings! Haven't read the books, just saw the animation episodes, but I have contemplated buying the books when I would see then at thrift stores. Never got around to it

• Brohoof 1

I never read the books but I saw the first episode of the show (I didn't know it ever ran beyond one episode). Wasn't this the show that Amy Keating Rogers left MLP to do? It was a serious step downward for her I'm afraid. But I can't blame her though. When writing for Disney, one has to abandon all individuality and homogenize their work through the company board rooms. It could have been a decent show but I thought it was really bland. Hopefully the books are better. 

EDIT: I just looked it up and there appears to be quite a few episodes. So in all fairness, I can't judge it all on one episode. Looks like I've got some viewing to do! 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1