FirePuppy

E04 - Street Magic w/Trixie

(edited)

Here's the next Equestria Girls episode, the one that was leaked some time ago:

By the way, this is not an episode I liked at all more than The Craft of Cookies.

Edited by FirePuppy

This one might have been a little too short. I could have done with a little more motivation or what happened. Weird that it's not 3 minutes like the rest of them. 

But! Talking dog engaging in magic trick + Twilight helping Trixie look cooler = cute. 

Badges

1 hour ago, AlexanderThrond said:

This one might have been a little too short. I could have done with a little more motivation or what happened. Weird that it's not 3 minutes like the rest of them. 

The leak of the short from a while ago actually was longer. I have no idea why it got cut down, but it definitely hurt the short. The original animatic is a lot better than the final product.

Badges

Short but sweet. It's nice seeing Trixie take the spotlight (which is quite fitting because she has a talent for magic shows).

Way too short, but I loved how it shows Twilight is a good sport.

After watching this short, I have to agree with the general consensus that this one is too short for its own good. I feel as though it needed at least an extra minute in order to provide more depth. As such, what we ended up receiving feels incomplete.

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

After watching this short, I have to agree with the general consensus that this one is too short for its own good. I feel as though it needed at least an extra minute in order to provide more depth. As such, what we ended up receiving feels incomplete.

Agreed. Too much of this episode was cut, especially all of Pinkie's parts.

It's a shame that Trixie's short was too short, she's an entertainment delight and I would have loved to watch a bit more of her performance.

Moved to season 2 shorts

Trixie's short should have been a lot longer. The leak was so much better. :dry:

Good lord; I enjoyed it, but it felt like it was missing something. Could definitely have been longer.

(edited)
8 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Good lord; I enjoyed it, but it felt like it was missing something. Could definitely have been longer.

Pinkie Pie was supposed to appear in this episode. All of her parts were sadly cut!

Trust me, this episode is no doubt not as good at all as The Craft of Cookies.

Edited by FirePuppy

There's a reason why Trixie is such a fan favorite. A combination of her great design, incorrigible attitude and terrific voice acring by Kathleen Barr, the G&PT never disappoints. 

Gee, thanks Hasbro for taking this short's content and making it non-existent.  Also, I agree that the leak was WAY better, and what's weird is that the other leaked shorts are all very similar to the actual thing.  Also, why do we need a short about Trixie about to cut a puppy in half for no reason other than magic?  The beginning of the leaked short helped set that part up, but when it's taken away, the short suffers.