Sign in to follow this  
Nightmare Muffin

Police pursuits

There's seems to be one broadcast live every week, where I'm at. And each time. I find them idiotic to even have gotten started, no matter the reason. I know it's a fight or flight reaction for people who initiate these chases, and they don't want to face the music for their actions, but stil, they're just so stupid, and all end with them being caught anyway. 

However, it's also hard to look away, following the chase and hoping the idiots on the run don't hit anyone. Unfortunately, during the most recent chase I caught, the driver plowed head on, doing 80 or 90, into 3 cars at an intersection.

Thoughts on police pursuits?

Badges

I'm not a fan of that kind of reality 'entertainment.' These are dangerous situations and I don't find peoples' lives at risk to be entertaining. In a fictional TV show or movie, that's one thing. But this is for real and it isn't good. 

I understand that people can feel compelled to watch to see what the outcome will be, but that's the nature of it and the reason they get viewers to tune in. It's action, drama and suspense. The reality probably puts it over the top for some people tired of scripted TV. But as for me, I'll stick to something a little more low-key. 

Badges

The fact that they're going to be caught anyway is why they speed off in the first place. Most of these guys have warrants on them or they know that they're in violation of parole, so when the they get pulled over, it's already guaranteed that they'll be arrested, so before serving their time, they take a little joyride. Is it stupid? Sure, but they've made poor life choices in advance for this.

I don't know I mean, I've always thought Cops was quite the entertaining show. 

Badges

I don't find them entertaining unless there's something particularly humorous about the whole situation.