Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yu-Gi-Oh Players: Favorite Summoning Method?

PoisonClaw

Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Summoning Methods  

6 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Summoning Methods

• Standard
    • Level Up!
    • Ritual
    • Fusion
    • Synchro
    • XYZ
    • Pendulum
    • Link

For the Yu-Gi-Oh players amongst us, what's your favorite type of summoning method, whether it be from the Main Deck or the Extra Deck? Standard, Level Up!, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, Pendulum or Link?

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, Fusion by a long shot. That's part of why I loved Generation II of Yu-Gi-Oh! (G/X) so much, finally having an easy way to do fusion summons with the Elemental Heroes. The fact that they are still a fan favorite getting extra support from Konami is testament to their legacy. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

I hated xyz but I was willing to play along. Pendulum I didn't do at all because I thought it was worse, then when they overhauled what was left of the game with link I stopped playing finally. It's not the same game anymore which is upsetting because I liked the one I played all my life. Now it's a convoluted mess... good luck trying to teach new players 

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Oh, Fusion by a long shot. That's part of why I loved Generation II of Yu-Gi-Oh! (G/X) so much, finally having an easy way to do fusion summons with the Elemental Heroes. The fact that they are still a fan favorite getting extra support from Konami is testament to their legacy. :fluttershy:

At first, my favorite summon method was fusion summoning. One of the decks I had used back in the day were Elemental Heroes. I loved the different hero fusions that could be created. The same can be said for other fusions like XYZ Dragon Canon and Dark Paladin. When the 5D's era had arrived, I admired and loved the method of Synchro summon. I liked how you took a tuner monster and non tuner monster, in order to create a new kind of card. I loved certain Synchro cards like Stardust Dragon, Blackwings and others. 

I'm going to say the Level Up mechanic. It was an inventive concept that was utilized correctly in the initial phase but sadly, it was the second round that ultimately brought the idea to an unfortunate end. A shame really as I always had a soft spot for both the Mystic Swordsman and Silent Swordsman lines--with honourable mentions going towards Silent Magician and Horus the Black Flame Dragon.

34 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

At first, my favorite summon method was fusion summoning. One of the decks I had used back in the day were Elemental Heroes. I loved the different hero fusions that could be created. The same can be said for other fusions like XYZ Dragon Canon and Dark Paladin. When the 5D's era had arrived, I admired and loved the method of Synchro summon. I liked how you took a tuner monster and non tuner monster, in order to create a new kind of card. I loved certain Synchro cards like Stardust Dragon, Blackwings and others. 

Yay, a fellow Synchro user! I still love Synchro Monsters, and I smile every time they show up in later seasons of the show.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Yay, a fellow Synchro user! I still love Synchro Monsters, and I smile every time they show up in later seasons of the show.

Huzzah! The 5D's era would have to be my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh series. Not because of the cards games on motorcycles. :mlp_laugh: The riding duels were interesting and the new monsters and summoning style was really cool. It felt like taking old decks from past series and upgrading them to make things more viable. I know what you mean on Synchro's showing up in later series. I liked how Red Dragon Archfiend got new support. That, and I also liked the Enlightenment Paladin and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. It was cool how Arc V brought monsters back from each summoning style. :)  

Level Up and Syncros are pretty cool, but I’ll always take Fusion and ritual above all else 

Edited by This Whomps

A what now :wacko: ? All I know are normal, special, tribute, ritual, fusion :wacko:.

I liked special summoning, I guess. One particular one, with decoy dragon while there’s a level 7+ dragon in the graveyard :orly: .