Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Technically Not New, But Introducing My REAL Self

WarGrowlmon1990

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google search from what I recall

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Back in 2011 my then-two-year-old daughter was watching the show and it peaked my interest. I've been a fan since then, however I do need to binge watch a bunch of the recent episodes to get caught up.

Hi everyone. I joined this forum back in 2013 and haven't posted in years. I wasn't acting like myself at all then because I was so focused on pretending to be someone else in order to appease my parents (who convinced me that nobody would ever accept my true self). For years I just kept denying the truth about myself and convinced myself to... well, act; to try to be the "woman" that "everyone else" wanted me to be. In 2015 I finally accepted the truth that I'm a transgender guy and I've come a long way since I started socially transitioning in late 2015/early 2016. I still struggle with severe depression, anxiety (social and generalized) and OCD but things have gotten tremendously better since I realized that it was dysphoria that was causing so much agony throughout the years. I stopped watching MLP:FIM during a rough patch in my life but have been getting back into it and the actors who all worked on it really inspire me to get my voice out there. I'm a beginner voice actor now and I've been getting training from my favorite voice actor (through his live webinar classes), and I hope to eventually work with Tara, Tabitha, Andrea, Ashleigh, Cathy, and pretty much every voice actor I've looked up to. I still fear being rejected for who I am, but things have gotten a lot better since 2013. And I guess, despite it making the dysphoria worse, my natural speaking voice is good for portraying certain characters.

So back to the topic of this great show; one thing I love about the series as a whole is how well the main characters are portrayed by their actresses. You can just tell they were dedicated and put a lot of love into their work.

Edited by WarGrowlmon1990
  • Brohoof 6